The changelog shows what changes were implemented with each version of Kenshi. You can find the changelog in the Kenshi main directory. This list is everything included in that file to date.
- Certain nVidia driver versions (possibly mixed with certain windows 10 updates) are causing crashes. I'm not currently sure what the solution is, but try installing a few different driver versions.
- Nvidia's GeForce driver 397.31 and 397.64 have been reported to cause kenshi crashes.
- If you experience random crashing, you are probably running out of video memory. Turn down "Texture quality" in the game options
- No more 32-bit support, it's impossible, the game's gotten too big to fit within the 3GB memory limitation. You can still access the older 32-bit version through Steam's [kenshi->properties->betas] tab.
- Initial loading time is sometimes pretty long on non-SSDs. The terrain will take ages to load in and things will look weird/white for a while but once loaded everything should be fine.
- You won't see all new map content unless you import your savegame after an update
- Font scaling should be improved, increasing font size should no longer over-increase the line spacing
- The font scaling slider in the options should no longer crash probably
- Fixed animals sometimes replying to human speech
- Fixed the bridge in Rebirth (again)
- Doors use name of parent building in context menu
- AI fix for inacessible walled off towns with an internal gate
- Small updates for Spanish, German, Portugese
- Lots of AI fixes for police, so they shouldn't now forget to heal or release any prisoners
- Fixed animation modding crash
- Fixed gamedata modIndex value for modded animation load order
- Japanese update
- A fix that should solve the problem of buildings and walls sometimes getting assigned to the wrong town, which led to bugs like characters not getting food or not building things.
- Nests can no longer spawn in inaccessible locations
- More NPC AI fallback for bad nest locations
- The point at which your health causes you to go into a coma, based on toughness, is now moddable in the FCS: ["max toughness ko point"]
- German update
- Fixed the City Hero gang waiting for you by the wrong gate in Heng.
- If you defend yourself from the City Heroes or similar bandits you should no longer get attacked by the guards
- Fixed carpets disappearing from your buildings on re-load
- 2 crash fixes, one caused by re-ordering the research list
- Truncated research data panel lines if name is too long
- AI fallback for bad nest locations
- Fixed game crashing if install path has non-ascii characters
- Changed the launcher saying spanish was incomplete, because it's not, it's finished
- Spanish tweaks for some stat names being too long to fit on their GUI lines
- Combat spark effects added
- "Entered new biome" notification sound
- Fixed a crash that could be caused by a bad mod
- Combat spark effects added
- "Entered new biome" notification sound
- Fixed being able to reorder research to skip prequisites
- Fixed multi-line datapanel text overlapping
- AI fix where a crippled character with un-healable legs would still keep trying to heal them
- Fixed some bugs with corpse disposal AI
- Slaves can no longer claim bounties on other slaves in a slave camp
- Fixed an AI bug in Okran's Shield where prisoners were all getting piled up by a bed
- Fixed a crash that could be caused by a bad mod
- Japanese, french, german, portugese, spanish updated
- A small number of people are getting an unexplained random crash, this is an experiment to see if something we did fixes it
- A bug sometimes gives player buildings the wrong town, not sure how but sypmtoms of this will be the AI not getting food or items or building things. With this update you should be able to fix any broken towns by importing.
- Fixed again that pesky bridge in Rebirth
- A fix for the AI constantly alternating between self preservation and another task
- Announcement dialogs shouldn't get repeated, but if they do it won't keep snapping the camera to the location anymore, only once per raid
- A fix for characters in crowds sometimes getting pushed through walls
- Buildings town reassigned when new player outpost created (for walls). If you built your town walls before anything else they would be assigned the wrong town and the AI builders would ignore them.
- Spanish tweaks
- French update
- French updated (99%)
- 390 updates later
- 1611 occurences of the word "fix"
- Number of years passed unknown
- Thankyou to all the supporters, forum moderators and bug reporters for all your hard work
- Russian updated (100%, thanks Vlad!)
- French updated
- Fixed slavers stealing your prisoners
- NPCs have more money for buying from shop counters, especially caravans and anyone in the slave trade
- (Steam) No longer clears previous installed mod list file if steam failed to connect
- A navmesh freeze fix
- All languages have had updates except russian, because we can't find our translator
- Fixed the missing audio problem from last update
- More fog princes in the Fog Islands, to make sure people get eaten
- Stack now has a functioning police station
- Flotsam has a bakery
- Fixed characters getting fed an invisible meal when getting in a cage if tagged as escaping
- Fixed slaves picking their own shackles not counting as a crime because they were considered part of the enslaving faction
- Changed the over-aggressive skeletons in HN territory
- Fixed a crash
- Fixed newly built walls collision being passable so you couldn't walk on top until the game was re-loaded
- Gate guards in Mongrel should stay closer to the gate and not go off getting lost fighting in the foglands so much.
- Walls made 2.5 times tougher again, they should now be approx 25% as tough as their equivalent gates
- [Dismantle] button now asks if you are sure, except for walls because you might want to delete a lot of them some day
- Fixed the Machinists faction selling Hemp in UC towns
- a rare crash fix
- Fixed the collision
- Some other technical mumbo-jumbo
- Spanish update (99% complete)
- Fix for many of the ally aid campaigns not triggering
- Fixed prison sentence times not saving, so all prisoners got pardoned on reload
- Fix for Rebirth town size being too low, confusing the guards AI
- Fixed the bridge in Rebirth
- An AI fix where newly recruited characters were missing the "protect allies" job
- Prevent passing squads from stopping to relax in hostile towns if they pass by
- Fixed anti-slaver allied dialogue
- Possible fix for characters sometimes slowing to a walk when nearing their destination
- More nice loading screens
- AI shopping should now work, traders should buy stuff from your shop counters, NPCs will visit your town if it is set to public
- Fix for characters being magically freed from cages after healing
- Walls now twice as tough against smashing
- Rare fix for AI getting stuck when pathing back home to a locked up base
- Stopped captured NPCs disappearing on load when their town is destroyed
- Prisoners who escape from cages will now bash their way out of locked doors instead of getting confused
- Japanese rolled back due to errors, will update again soon
- Fix for raid campaigns repeating their announcement dialog instead of leaving/attacking
- Floating damage numbers now include the cut-stun efficiency damage factor
- Searching for text in FCS translation mode selects the line when dialog is opened
- Japanese updated
- Artifact items quantity assigned to locations is directly proportional to town value rather than random (rewards more consistent) (optional: requires import to see changes)
- AI fix for cases when a base had only one gate and the AI wouldn't go through
- When other factions take over a Holy Nation town they break all the emperor statues
- Fixed the city hero gangs not harassing players
- Fixed EV_I_SEE_ALLY
- Fixed indoor combat stat penalty
- The non-violent food raids go home rather than hang around your food barrels for 4 hours
- Fixed the Mongrel building in Black Scratch
- Fixed loading screen when window resized
- AI fix for guards that dont put the criminals in cages and just hold them while in shopkeeper mode
- Untestable fix for "give up chase" dialog event triggering when people are just fighting and not even chasing
- Road editor handles locked roads
- Terrain and navmesh updated, probably nothing noticeable, move along
- Escaping from an evil faction cage, like cannibals, no longer tags you as an escaped prisoner
- Fixed using strength or tools to break out of prisoner poles
- Fixed tooltips not showing for the "committing crime" and "escaped prisoner" panels
- Fixed name truncation on character portraits for multi-byte characters
- Update to the roads to fix NPCs getting stuck with long-range travel
- Fix for a suspected crash
- You can now use tools or brute strength to unlock any lock, door, cage or container. Good for treasure hunters, not so good for thieves. Now non-thief characters won't feel forced to learn lockpicking
- Tools are more heavy and expensive than before
- Tools are single use, they break after opening the lock
- Using tools is really slow
- Brute strength only really works with very very strong characters on weak locks (strength needed = 3 x lock hardness)
- travel shops now sell tools
- Severed limbs are now properly bloody
- Fixed hive interiors not showing
- Fixed bandits not looting food from containers
- An AI fix for certain gate/wall configurations
- A fix for AI attacking freed slaves that should be no longer hostile after freeing
- Fixed the corrupted item icons on ATI cards
- Slightly more fishmen
- Slaver cages have better locks, ancient safes have slightly easier ones
- Fix for campaign data that got some values mixed up, resulting in traders being "war leader" for example
- Fixed the blurry item icons
- Tweaked GUI line spacing to try to fix main stats panel on some resolutions
- Fixed put-in-bed order overriding dismantle order if carrying someone
- Added sfx to NPCs buying stuff
- Added in some missing armour/clothing crafts
- Tweaked some bounty character's wanted factions
- A general AI fix that might have seen them running off to far away buildings
- Another fix for AI campaigns where they go home without raiding your base first
- Fix to prevent gaining stealth xp from the person you are carrying
- Prevented slavers from beating up obedient player slaves when another player in the same squad was getting beaten
- Fixed a crash when you kidnap a unique NPC and return to their town or something i dunno but i fixed it
- Fixes for the Slave escape AI
- Fixed the western path to Worlds end
- Fixed slavers taking player's prisoners
- Fixed stealth KO on prisoners setting them free
- Fixed stealth KO on prisoners providing massive easy XP harvesting
- Fixed broken navmesh in Tower of abuse, infested lab and far east tech lab
- Fixed a rare random crash in the engine code
- Fix for Hive hut doorways sometimes getting blocked
- Regenerated entire navmesh, should solve some of the passable obstacles that were being encountered
- A crashfix
- Fixed up the slaver AI for the reaver HQ, also passing reaver patrols can gather up more slaves from the cages
- Slaves no longer protect allies if in obedient slave mode
- Slaves now get totally balded, because it looks more slavey
- When an ex-slave finally reaches not-slave status, his hair grows back
- Fixed imprisoned characters being set as slaves if they were once a slave before, when they shouldn't be, eg in police cages
- Fixed not being able to loot bodies while crawling
- Fixed bar NPCs not healing themselves when wounded
- Character stats window updates progress when open
- Fixed missing import faction relations option
- Added something to help prevent your bodyguard NPCs from attacking your allies if they are enemies
- Tweaked the Forage AI to hopefully prevent butchering certain friendly animals like caravan mules
- Fixed people repeatedly beating up slaves after they've been recaptured, especially the Reavers
- Fixed slaver AI getting confused when they found an unconsious person wearing shackles who wasn't a slave
- Attack animation no longer cuts out the moment the victim is knocked out
- There was an issue where a character trying to get up would get stuck on the floor (with his animation resetting) each time he was hit. Now they will ignore the hits while getting up, but each one has a 10% chance of causing a short knockout
- Town shek now react to player HN ally with 'Thug hunter' rather than attack
- Fixed Reavers sending out Slave Traders to raid player base
- Fixed gui not updating when obedient slave job added
Improved some aggro/law based stuff:
- Neutral "Military" NPCs no longer have legal immunity unless they are from a town resident faction
- The act of enslaving now counts as a crime, but only when it's in the town of a faction that is anti-slavery. This means you can attack the slaver in self defence (at the right moment) without getting yourself in trouble. Town guards will stay out of it.
- Slavers now have their own NPC type classification. Law enforcers will stay out of any conflicts involving slavers, instead of helping them (unless they are allies of course, like the United Cities). This doesn't mean you can just attack them unprovoked though.
- Town guards will only attack slavers caught in the act if they are anti-slavery and the victim is an ally, otherwise they will not bother with it.
- Slaver caravans won't take slaves from cages in towns that aren't slavery friendly
- Removed Holy Nation patrol from Nothern Coast to stop them wiping out the fishing village
- Anti-slavery factions will fight to free their allies from slavers if they see them get captured
- Fixed some AI bugs where law enforcers wouldn't deliver their catches to cages and would get stuck in other tasks
- Fixed a crash with NPC AI looting
- GUI buttons no longer pressed on mouseup after drag-selecting
- Added import Relations option to import game
- Mouse buttons are now reconfigurable
- More fixes to stop Shark town destroying itself
- Fixed trade caravans going to some bandit hideouts and starting a fight
- Fixed town reaction changes sometimes missing part of the town when the town covered multiple zones, so would keep some old residents
- Kidnapping slaves now counts as "slave freeing" rather than kidnapping
- Fixed inaccessible roof of the metal wall-house
- Bandit squads used to "occupy" your town in spirit, even if they failed the assault, causing bugs and nuisances. Now they won't occupy the town if they are defeated first.
- Fixed a bug with unique characters that join the player getting incorrect world states, which could trigger the wrong dialogs and war campaigns.
- NPCs can no longer enslave, loot or butcher anyone while they themselves are playing dead
- NPCs on turrets will now also shoot anything attacking their fellow residents, sometimes they wouldn't help if they were different factions
- Fixed another random "not eating in town" bug
- Shrieking bandit relations can now deteriorate, so they don't stay neutral forever
- Lockpicking a slaves shackles now correctly counts as the crime of "slave freeing" rather than burglary
- Removed player hauling job from general storage
- Fixed carried characters disappearing when character edtor opened
- Fixed beard colour on character model for some hairstyle combinations
- Finished the ragdoll for the land bats
- Fixed crash moving characters to squads that were saved empty
- Items on buildings drop to the ground when the building is dismantled
- To help town guards from getting gradually worn down and killed off, leading to town depopulation, gate guard squads can now regenerate over time (as the town would have assigned new guards). Doesn't yet work if you are permanently resident in the town.
- Fixed a bunch of crashes
- Added a new option to the AI panel for turrets to shoot at neutral targets, like bandits and wildlife. May cause extra aggro and corpses.
- Fixed the slave AI in the holy mines
- Gate guards are a bit stronger
- Some of the more mild mannered factions should no longer bash your gates down just to casually get past
- Increased number of simultaneous attack slots for some of the larger creatures
- Added "training" category to the building options
- Made final boss a bit harder
- Added separate factions to Shark bar fights to avoid town civil war outbreaks
- Fixed being unable to talk to Grey
- Added dialogue to Bo
- Hive princes can no longer eat foul meat, because they are too good for it. Also they now have 80 HP
- Fixed characters randomly not eating
- If you buy a normally-hostile type of slave or prisoner such as a bandit, he will no longer be attacked the moment he leaves his cage
- Fixed the "grouped" movement speed orders affecting characters when they weren't part of the group, eg when someone goes off to operate a machine
- Also fixed a crash
- Fixed attributes in character stats window displaying incorrectly for animals
- Fixed search function not working properly in translation mode
- Fixed hivers being able to wear human shirts
- Fixed unique NPCs getting lost forever when disappearing in the wilds. Now they will turn up back home when they escape captivity etc. (import required to replace any missing unique NPCs)
- Another bug fix that should stop NPC squads sometimes getting doubled
- Fixed thief fence not refreshing money
- Fixed NPCs getting stuck carrying characters
- Fixed some bars not being used by AI
- Fixed a bug that would have randomly prevented dialog from triggering with repeat limits
- Fixed some campaign chains getting broken due to duplicate triggers being disallowed
- Fixed some campaigns not triggering if player base is nearby to a ruined town of that faction
- Fixed a crash
- If you named your faction "Spiders", your characters would randomly turn into spiders
- Burning damage no longer affects robot limbs
- Holy Citizen start now has a holy flame book and better relations. Also you can now buy "the holy flame" from traders in the holy nation
- Added "harpoon limit" to the graphics options
- Tweaked ancient science book distribution so it doesn't go mostly to the ashlands (needs import)
- Fixed flickering buildings bug
- Tweaked AI for inquisitors and nobles to stop them patrolling and getting lost
- Fixed town allocation when starting your outpost by building walls
- Fixed construction scaffold shadows for some building material modes
- Fallback RTWSM shader if tessellation unsupported
- Fixed __DEAD_SQUAD__ sometimes appearing on load
- French, German, Russian, Portugese added some missing wordswaps
- Update to the RTWSM shadow system, improves a lot of the shadow glitches
- Improved characters staying together in speed matching movement mode- the leading characters will slow down to let the stragglers catch up
- Fixed a crash when trying to load corrupt save
- A few pathfinder/movment fixes
- Stopped having no shoes affecting 'looks like a slave' if you can't wear shoes
- Fixed Tinfist not talking
- Fixed unique prisoners not spawning (requires import)
- Fixed an NPC duplication bug
- Fixed slavers continually picking up and dropping targets that are 'staying low'
- Fixed Anti-slaver ally bodyguard bug
- Fixed King Gurgler's head value
- Fixed endless dialogue with Crab Queen
- Added Mourn barman dialogue
- Fixed Shek pacifier not increasing relations after being paid
- Fixed Esata leading a war campaign against player ally base
- Changed bounty relations gained from Holy Nation inquisitor. You can now still increase relations slightly even when accepting payment.
- Changed enemy faction relation penalties for certain alliances. This means you shouldn't get armies marching to your base simply for allying with a faction. Unless you've murdered their friends.
- Balances to Holy Nation assault repetitions
- Added Holy Flame to holy bar shop inventories
- Additions to Boss Simion's dialogue. He now recognizes carried nobles
- Adjusted Luquin's stats to avoid recruiting issues
- Added armour trader to ally skin bandits (find them in the HQ)
- Added dialogue for Yamdu, Tengu and Koin
- Fixed Noble Ohta going missing after world state change
- Changes to UC world states
- Added extra ally UC campaigns
- Added ally UC bodyguards
- Savant can now give you a certain unnecessary machine blueprint
- The Hub now sells crossbow bolts
- Japanese version fix for tooltips not displaying line breaks
- Changed to a more readable font
- Added L/R mouse button swap option, for left-handed mousers
- Fixed a bug with sound detection not working properly with th the stealth stat, so extremely high stat would make them hear you
- Headgear can now have stealth bonuses, but not penalties
- Fixed player towns sometimes becoming undiscovered on import
- Fixed crash if mounted building doesn't exist
- Fixed a crash in build mode
- Fix for NPCs (usually slaves and recruits) going missing when you leave and return to a town. Import recommended to restore missing NPCs
- Engineer job doesn't automatically repair destroyed buildings
- Japanese translation update
- Portugese translation update
- Added leather and chain shirts for the Hivers
- Rugs are no longer available for the player to build, now they are an item you can buy from traders and drop on the floor to place them.
- Added a new hat
- Fixed random camera jumps when tracking a character
- Fixed some town NPCs getting deleted from the world if they were knocked out or imprisoned, basically the "murder detector" was too sensitive.
- Fixed dead animals appearing in trader list
- Fixed NUM+ keybind not saving
- Few other small fixes and a crash fix
- Added a few missing armour crafts
- fixed 2 inaccessible towns (import game if not fixed)
- fixed staff weapon reach
- The new map section is finally open! I won't detail its content to avoid spoilers but basically this area is less civilised and more dangerous, designed for end-game exhibitions.
- -An AI fix that should stop characters running off for no reason sometimes
- Stopped characters with robot legs screaming that their feet are burning
- Fixed some animation bugs when characters are getting up
- Fixed some camera glitches
- Made the Dodge stat visible for melee characters
- Fixed some small AI bugs
- Fixed underground building check making walls and gates near cliffs float
- Big optimisation for the particle system, should run smoother in zones with heavy particles like the deserts
- Default setting for limb loss option set to "rare"
- If a leg goes below -100 health (and isn't amputated) then the character is crippled and has to crawl
- Wordswaps updated for french, german, portugese
- Fixed the bug where a group order to attack a target wouldn't register for some of the characters
- hotfix for characters unresponsive to movement bug
- No more wall termites, now if you seal up your base with no gates the AI will smash the walls down
- A fix for the animation modding system
- Fixed the french translation not working at all
- Updated french, spanish and japanese languages
- Fixed armour dodge stat not applying if it was a bonus
- Mounted buildings use town of the building they are mounted to
- Allow dismantling of mounted buildings on player owned buildings in npc towns
- Fixed being able to build inside NPC town radius if player town is nearby
- Fixed picking up characters again
- Fixed dead character animation not updating straight away when picked up, causing rigamortis
- Random crash fix
- A fix for picking up characters
- Fix for a character editor crash for the southern hive
- Reduced the armour athletics penalties
- Minor improvements for AI campaigns, should improve them all arriving at the destination at the same time more often
- Stopped imprisoned NPCs being set as the leader of a campaign
- Overlapping player towns now get merged, to reduce AI confusion
- Fixed being able to build inside NPC town radius if player town is nearby
- Town population building allocation now consistent each game
- Fixed context menu crash if no player characters
- Medic job no longer ignored when carrying a hostile npc
- Fixed a saving bug
- Changed again the tooltip display of the "cut to stun" to again try and make it easier to understand: with the previous update it wasn't clear if the stun was added or subtracted from the cut resistance. It now shows the total cut resistance like it did before the previous update, and also shows an "efficiency" percentage. eg. 80% cut resist efficiency will leave a 20% stun damage.
- Samurai armour dexterity penalty removed but overall damage penalty increased to compensate, so blunt weapons don't get an advantage over swords for samurais
- Samurai helmet now protects from dust storms
- Assassins rags dexterity bonus reduced by 0.1
- Added more stat penalties to the police helmet and reduced blunt resist slightly
- A few more subtle stat tweaks, generally increased the gap slightly between the heavy, medium and light armours.
- Fixed a typo in the gui code that was showing the wrong melee defence bonus in the armour tooltip (it showed the attack bonus instead)
- Spread a few more armour items and blueprints around some of the shops. You can now find blueprints for a faction-neutral version of Holy Chest Plate and the Armoured Hood
- Added a Blackened chain tagelmust
- "Self Preservation" AI should now react to charging enemies once they get close
- Fixed horizon fog blending with clouds
- Fixed a mistake in Plated Jacket giving it 90% cut resist
GEAR REBALANCE PART 3
- The idea now is that the light/medium armour guys should be able to do more harm and do well 1 on 1, and the heavy guys should handle being outnumbered better and overall last longer
- This is a big shake-up for armour. It's un-tested, so I would appreciate feedback, point out any items that you think are over-powered or worthless.
- -Heavy armour has penalties to dexterity and attack skills. The idea is that it limits you to being a tank, your attack has been sacrificed a little for defence.
- -Medium armours are designed to be for generalists. Less protection than heavy but only mild skill penalties and so more tactical options.
- -Light and specialist armours are designed to be un-restrictive or even offer bonuses, suitable for rangers or glass-cannon melee ninjas and duelists
- -Armour can penalise dexterity and damage dealing
- -Changed the display of the armour stun damage stats in the armour tooltips to try and make it clearer to understand: it now shows 1 line for the final derived cut resistance, and a 2nd line for the incoming cut damage that gets converted into stun damage. Adding these 2 numbers together will get the total "cut resistance" number that it used to display before.
- -Increased shirt armour cut resist by 10%
- -Reduced plate armour stealth penalty so its still severe but not so total
- -The hiver shirts will be delayed because our artist went on holiday, and employment law says I have to let him.
- -Some small tweaks to improve character movement bugs
- -Fixed haul job stealing items from bars if player town radius overlaps
- -Fixed player caravan and military formation spot issues
- -Formation refreshed when value in AI panel changed
- -Fixed bright yellow or white clouds at dusk
- -Fixed AI confusion with almost full inventories when picking items off the ground
- -Fixed furniture disappearing from purchased buildings on import
- -Added keybinds to select next/previous character
- -Fixed game not starting if there are non-ascii characters in installed path
2ND GEAR REBALANCE
- Released prematurely because I needed to get the above bug-fixes out. I will continue tweaking and experimenting with the armour balances. Please leave feedback in the form of angry rants.
- -Toughness-based damage resistance amplified, so 20% more damage at 0 toughness and 20% less damage at max toughness
- -All shirt armour damage resistances reduced by 40%
- -Global damage decreased 10% to counterbalance the above 2 changes
- -All weapons had their armour penetration bonuses/penalties amplified by 50%
- -Heavy armour coverage reductions from the last rebalance have been reverted
- -Chain and plate damage resistance increased by 0.05, leather lowered by the same amount, also further reduced based on weight class
- -Increased damage and armour piercing of the Heavy Polearm by 10%
- -katana class damage penalty vs robots reduced from 50% to 40%
- -Cleavers get a 10% penalty vs animals
- -Stealth penalties removed from helmets
- -Not yet added, but the plan is to add some hiver-specific armour shirts
- -New animation mod system, allows modders to make animations that don't clash with existing animations or updates or other mods. Can also make unique animations that are used for specific races or characters.
- -Fixed not being able to escape from your own cages
- -Bleeding is now saved and loaded properly
- -An improvement to the AI bug where they would give up a chase immediately
- Fixed an issue where npc faction ownership of player buildings could get mixed up on import
- Fixed some npc squads not loading correctly
- Fixed a few pathfinding failure cases, sometimes causing characters to stop mid-journey, or ignore a certain "unreachable" building
- Minifix for a crash when loading town/outposts that had no faction assigned
- Fixed the delay when loading a carried character
- Reduced the number of fog princes in the fog islands
- Added some undertakers to Mongrel, to help clear up all the bodies
- Fixed character editor starting race limits
- Fixed unique characters being duplicated if recruited and you import in their starting town
- Fixed a couple of crashes
- Wrote a few more Beep events
- Added more world reaction content
- Fixed cannibal/fogmen not kidnapping people if far from town
- Player owned buildings in towns no longer get erased when a town gets destroyed due to world reaction events
- Slightly increased the global number of science artifacts to compensate for them spreading out to the new un-released zone
- Added race limits to certain game starts (eg holy nation start has to be a human), added a few more basic game start-off options
- Fixed NPCs using the players cages for prisoner storage/collection again.
- Fixed world apocalypse if you made it to 6:04am on day 3495
- Fixed looting dead pack animals from caravans not counting as theft
- Fixed slavers duplicating slave rags when equipping new slaves, resulting in piles of slave clothes everywhere
- Slavers don't get so carried away attacking bad slaves that have already been re-captured
- Fixed some foliage rocks sometimes having incorrect dust colour
- Fixed negative medic stats never increasing
- Fixed dialog crowd trigger bug that messed up the Esata event
- Fixed player towns becoming undiscovered when loaded after imports
- Fixed a couple small crashes
- Fixed mounted buildings (turrtets and lights) having incorrect town on import
- Fixed HOLD button not disabling hold mode
- Fixed an AI glitch with the auto-sit if the target chair was un-built and clashed with ditch resources
- Fixed dead bodies disappearing when being carried
- Fixed a crash
- "Passive" button added back in, to keep certain characters out of trouble
- Fixed slavers attacking you for kidnapping their slave a split second after buying the slave off you
- Fixed enemies sometimes rescuing their leader and putting him in your bed because it's nearest and they don't think you're enemies anymore, and then repeatedly picking him back up again once he's in bed because he looks like he needs rescuing again.
- Fixed bar beds being unusable
- You know when a machine crafting an item would be at 99% progress just as it ran out of materials? That shouldn't happen anymore.
- We fixed Crash X, but such creatures are crafty and cannot be trusted, so we have yet to celebrate by painting ourselves in its blood.
- Finished adding robot limb crafting. It's expensive though, you'll need a lot of AI cores for anything above Economy Limbs
- Though Crash X's plague continues, more in depth we have gone with the debug data, hunting, ever hunting, each day closer to our prey.
- Fixed a blank building interior bug
- Fixed a possible squad disappearance bug
- Mini patch to add some more debug data, for it seems the random crash still plagues us after all. I shall call it: Crash X
- Hotfix for a new, different crash
- Finally finished distributing all the Cross grade weapons in the world. Most of it's in the new map area, but a couple have been moved around in the current zone.
- Fixed that random crash that has been plaguing us for ages
- Fixed old squads suddenly appearing from nowhere or duplicating on imports
- Added a new option to control town assault frequency. Not the events, but the bandits passing by who try to conquer your town. Realised the old option wasn't working properly.
- It can also be disabled completely. It defaults to [Normal]. For reference, the raid frequency before now was the one named [High], so the default should now be a little calmer. [Bombardment] has no limits whatsoever, so anything could happen.
- Improved some of the audio ambience for the buildings
- Fixed a saving bug
All this rebalancing has not been heavily tested yet, so I appreciate feedback.
- Katana types now have a penalty to armour penetration, to compensate for their superior speed and lightness
- Katanas have a 10% damage bonus vs humans, but a 50% penalty against robots
- Hacker types have a bonus to armour penetration, because that's what they're all about.
- Polearms do more damage
The idea was to mix things up a little so instead of some armours being better or worse it's now more balanced, the stronger ones have more weaknesses, and the weaker ones have more strengths.
- Heavy armours now have slightly reduced coverage. No heavy plate armour can have 100% coverage on a bodypart, to reflect the gaps in the plates.
- Heavy and plate armour now pretty much makes stealth skills impossible, and give a penalty to crossbow skills due to being more cumbersome
- Chainmail now slows your combat speed slightly, and is a little worse for stealth, the blackened mail is no longer ridiculously better than the others
- Medium and light armours now have less cut-converted-into-stun damage penalty, especially the coats and leather shirts
- Plated Rags are now better for stealth
- Lots of other stat tweaks and changes that you will have to find on your own.
- Hotfix for the autosave loop issue
- New savegame system, saving should now be much faster, especially on non-SSD type drives.
- Slaver cage warden now puts dead slaves in the disposal instead of just carrying them around forever
- Slavers notice if you try stealing slaves by carrying them away
- Stopped slavers stealing from player cages
- Fixed a case where robot limbs didn't get healed if you didn't have a medkit
- Fixed a case where you would be paralysed if someone released you from a prisoner pole
- Stopped being able to place buildings that create towns in ruins
- Added some internal data tracking stuff to help hunt down one particular random crash we are getting
- Oh man, the town override world reaction stuff wasn't in that last update either, cus I forgot I had it disabled in release mode. It's in the game for sure now though, for sure.
- Town overrides and roaming squads for world states. Added the Holy Nation, United Cities and Traders Guild. This means that the world now reacts to your actions i.e. if you take down certain leaders or capture powerful bounties. You can talk to allied faction leaders for hints on how to destroy enemy factions (so far that's Moll/ Esata/ Simion)
- Arrange buttons added to more containers
- AI fix when a player outpost is too close to a town
- My mistake, the town override and world reaction stuff wasn't included in the last update, it's in there now.
- AI Campaign leader should now wait for the rest of his forces to catch up before attacking the target town
- Fix for cannibals not healing random prisoners because they were planning to eat them but not for a long time.
- Fix for campaign AI when the target town vanishes
- Fixed the missing animation when running in stealth mode while carrying someone
- Fixed items thinking they were indoors if dropped on a building's ramp
- Dialogue crowd trigger doesn't affect people already saying something (endless loop fix)
- Fixed a bug with UTF-8 squad names
- Fixed player town handle and coverage data not being saved, which should fix a bunch of small bugs, including one of the "walking through walls" issues
- A couple of stability fixes
- Town overrides and roaming squads for world states. Added the Holy Nation, United Cities and Traders Guild. This means that the world now reacts to your actions i.e. if you take down certain leaders or capture powerful bounties. You can talk to allied faction leaders for hints on how to destroy enemy factions (so far that's Moll/ Esata/ Simion)
- Blood splat size is now based on damage
- You can now pickup allied npcs to help injured slaves escape
- Added different blueprint item colors for different types of item
- Selected player characters can have different map marker colour
- Some fixes to popup menu on carried characters
- Map item crash fix
- A bunch of character movement fixes
- Fixed unselectable spotlights mounted on Gate III
- Fixed campaigns never leaving on victory
- Fixed unlock sound continually triggering
- Fixed crash dragging last research item when research completes
- The extra stun damage % in armour also now applies to pierce damage. Means that heavy armour guys still get a little stun damage from crossbows
- fixed non bandits and cannibals not detecting prison escapes
- Stopped blood drips under water
- Fix for engineer job conflicts with resource ditching
- Fixed a few more bugs that could break AI campaigns
- Engineer job now ignores jobs that are outside of closed gates
- Increased stat-penalty light levels tolerance, so it doesn't have to be so bright
- Fixed illegal goods fencing tooltip
- Added extra checks to prevent animals spawning in nests on top of player
- Fixed some characters not floating in water when unconcious
- Fixed police not healing prisoners
- Fixed prison sentence time tooltip
- Fixed character position when exiting cages
- More fixes to the campaign AI, fixed premature retreats and cancellations when changing target
- Fixed that bug where you would randomly see corrupted geometry flash up on the screen
- Cannibals should now heal their captives if carrying them on a long journey
- Fixed Luquin
- Fixed Rebirth guards not catching escaping slaves
- Fixed a crash with a certain map item
- Fixed some escaped slave NPCs still getting tagged as escaped prisoners
- Re-Jiggered the map item system. Maps are now more useful, they will always unlock different locations to the ones you already know. There are now better maps in the shops that can specifially show you where to potentially find Ancient Science books or Engineering Research or whatever you are looking for.
- It's now possible to lose your pursuers properly. Before, when you were caught stealing or sneaking they would track you artificially wherever you ran. Now they will only be able to remember where they saw you last, plus a bit of extra projection (he went thataway), then they lose the trail.
- Changed the auto eject intruders AI to a normal job assigned from the context menu.
- Fixed auto eject job from forcing walk mode.
- Added an auto eject job for throwing out of buildings, if you have a building in another factions town.
- AI no longer shoots at crawling characters with turrets. This way when bandits take over your base and pile your guys outside the gate you can crawl away without getting shot by the turrets.
- Changed medical state for robots from "Unconscious" to "Rebooting".
- Some AI improvements to the occupy town behaviors. Bandits often thought they had occupied a town prematurely.
- If your town has been occupied by bandits it no longer deters hostile campaign events. It still deters non-hostile ones, like traders and taxmen, so you don't get in trouble when the bandits don't pay your taxes.
- Crawling characters will now get up (if they can) when they are under attack.
- Medical tooltips now show the point at which you will die, useful when you have a worn-out robot character and don't know what his HP is.
- Rain collector no longer works in acid rain.
- Research and crafting queues are now re-orderable with drag and drop.
- Fixed the hydroponic farms just giving 1 item per plant, instead of 2 or 3.
- Stopped being able to snap buildings to structures you don't own.
- Another medic/robotics AI fix.
- Slightly improved turret snap node selection.
- Fixed bodyguard squad map markers becoming the wrong colour when platoon unloaded.
- Additional logging in game launcher for debug purposes.
- Added a pause button to incomplete buildings so that you can put them on hold and your engineers will build other stuff instead
- Player characters can now automatically throw KO intruders out of the base (check AI options)
- Fixed campaigns going to empty bases, and they could get confused if you had 2 bases in the same active area and one was empty. They can now redirect too.
- Fixed AI bug relating to distance with the turret jobs
- Turret gunners should feed themselves properly now
- Stopped characters with the "rescue" job from rescuing dead allies and putting them in beds
- Fixed the Yabuta bandits existing in the desert before you have freed Yabuta (requires import)
- Fixed a medic AI bug (usually with slavers)
- "Ditching resources" task now includes raw meat
- Fixed a thievery XP exploit
- You can now select a carried character and use the context menu to "Put down" on the portrait, instead of having to hunt down which of your characters was carrying them
- Fixed bug with armour crafting material costs being too low
- Made the pack bull less slow
- Your stealing chance will now be tested against the nearest victim on the same floor, which will fix some situations where you got a too-easy steal chance because an npc was directly above you
- Fixed the carry animation when running at high speeds
- Tweaked model for the short cleaver
- Fixed attack selection distance bugs for scaled up animals like the megaraptor
- Boots are now dropped when both legs are lost
- Boots are now refreshed when attaching robot limb if wearing one boot
- Splint kits now disappear when used up
- 2 crash fixes
- Fencing an item now also factors in if the victim was from the same town, not just the same faction
- Re-added Toppers (weapon and blueprint) to the game, though they are rare
- Added toughness as a bonus stat for Hivers, to compensate for low HP and reflect their spindly downtrodden insecty natures.
- Sped up crop harvest speeds a bit
- UC farm shops now sell a more global selection of crops
- Reduced encumbrance and injury dodge penalties so martial artists don't become sitting ducks
- Fixed the base translation gamedata.pot being in french
- Fixed slavers unable to tag you as an obedient slave when in stealth mode
- Fixed slavers and police destroying your items when trying to store them
- A fix with the NPC AI getting confused when healing you when you have a robot limb
- NPC captors can now heal robots
- Importing a game no longer resets the "Day"
- Fixed martial arts skill in the main GUI displaying the base stat instead of the derived
- Fixed Seto not joining you when you give the bugmaster to the shek
- Fixed player HOLD AI so that when you give a specific attack order they move forward to reach the target
- Fixed farmer skill calculation on crop yield display
- Fixed some more termite issues
- Fixed some wall AI bugs
- Fixed a bug/exploit where you could get stealth XP in your own buildings
- Fixed another AI running off miles away to attack someone bug
- Fixed thievery checks being skipped if wearing full backpack
- Fixed characters playing dead skipping thief dialog event
- Missing directx dependencies error caught with more relevant message
- Russian language updated
- Crossbow crafting playtested and fine tuned
- Moved crossbow parts and spring stell crafting to the arrow bench
- Fixed more the AI for crossbow crafting
- Fixed the predicted quality GUI for crossbow crafting
- Fixed crossbow crafting using wrong ingredients and wrong rates
- Added some acid resistance to the chain hoods
- Fixed mouseover in character stats panel
- Fixed characters teleporting to different floors when exiting beds and cages
- Player cage default action is no longer PICK_LOCK
- Tuned some of the stat penalties, ranged stats should get less severe penalties for injuries and hunger, friendly fire should be less of a problem
- Added a crossbow storage locker
- Fixed an AI bug with engineers collecting resources from the ground
- Fixed the "forage animals" AI job
- Fixed the AI bug with the crossbow parts storage box
- Rebalanced ore mines (drill was slower than the manual rocks)
- Fixed characters dropping their carried allies/prisoners to go and have a sit down
- Characters in offscreen update mode stop and switch modes at screen edges (fixes suddenly appearing onscreen, which looks like teleporting/spawning)
- Fixed patrolling characters going into some buildings when they shouldn't
- A few rare pathing fixes
- A rare crash fix
- Spanish translation updated (65% complete)
0.98.27 Posted On May 15, 2018
- Crossbow damage increased by around 20%
- Crossbows now affected by the global combat damage multiplier
- Crossbow global damage multipliers added to FCS
- When you select a character who is being carried by another player character, you will give orders to the carrier instead
- Shop guards don't track your position when they can't see or hear you, they go by your last known position
- Fixed a freeze when you press CONFIRM in the character editor that increases in size based on how long you spent on your character, if blood was enabled
- Severed limbs on the ground disappear after 24 hours
- Fixed ally campaigns, where allied factions came to support you against a common enemy campaign but left too soon
- Fixed the import with "NPC states" causing previously encountered living NPCs to be missing (requires re-import to fix)
- Added a target distance influence to the "protect allies" AI
- Police no longer take your weapons when you are arrested (unless they were stolen)
- Police only confiscate stolen items if they are recently stolen, and not stolen from a bandit
- Fixed another AI problem where escaped slaves and prisoners could be "magically" spotted by police
- Fixed hostile campaigns not looting food
- Fixed AI stealing building materials from towns
- Fixed player AI not auto-using beds
- Fixed player idle AI all trying to sit in the same chair
- Fixed player characters trying to sleep in NPC beds
- Fixed characters attacking police when released from prison if in HOLD mode
- Fixed items disappearing from animal inventory if right clicked when your inventory is full
- Fixed characters not attacking when ordered
- Fixed another termites bug
- Character sleeping position not affected by character height
- Fixed shackles display bug on single robot legs
- Fixed crossbow range, dodge, and hunger rate tooltips
- Stopped animals patrolling towns from going indoors
- German translation updated
0.98.25 Posted On May 8, 2018
- Hunger rate now varies with activity:
- Running around while encumbered or fighting with very heavy weapons will make you get hungry faster
- Working at mines will make you get hungry faster
- Sitting around will make you use less enery and get hungry slower
- Added options sliders to adjust frequency and size of base attacks and AI campaigns
- Toughness XP gain rate reduced by a third, setting added in FCS
- You now get some toughness XP when you lose a limb
- Fixed dead people screaming
- Fixed a bug where an NPC you did a crime to could magically see you afterwards even if you hid
- Fixed animals not eating foul meat from animal feeder
- Fixed NPCs getting stuck confiscating weapons if nothing to take
- Fixed slavers re-capturing slaves after you buy them
- Stopped mouse buttons 4 and 5 acting as left mouse button
- Fixed AI getting food from storage in NPC towns
- Fixed a crash
- Cost to buy buildings in towns has doubled
- Characters with damaged robot limbs won't keep trying to sleep it off
- Enabled stealing from prisoners, no thievery XP gains
- Fixed an AI bug preventing the Medic job from automatically healing NPC allies (eg hired mercs, fellow escapees)
- Import now has the option to import the unique NPC states, eg if you've killed phoenix, he will still be dead when you import your game
- Fixed characters getting Toughness XP when getting picked up
- Fixed Toughness damage resistance not being applied to armour's "cut to stun" damage
- Toughness damage resistance is now also applied to pierce damage
- Disabled putting items in dead animals
- Fixed raid announcement dialogs repeating
- Additional power requirement added to building upgrade tooltip
- A rare crashfix and some minor AI fixes
0.98.23 Posted On May 1, 2018
- Added various Hive world state reactions throughout the map if anything happens to the Hive queens
- You can now use the beds in ruins and bandit hideouts
- Characters with 1 robot leg now just wear 1 shoe
- Weapon "indoors" penalties no longer take effect inside massive buildings like the labs
- Fixed the NPC civil wars that kept breaking out, usually from the shinobi thieves
- Rebalanced AI vision ranges. If the NPC is in the light and you are standing in darkness, he can't see you. If he's in the darkness and you're in the light, you can be seen a mile away. If you are both in the darkness you can be seen, but only if you are kind of close.
- Also AI can now hear you easier when you are not in stealth mode, if you are running around behind them.
- Fixed some campaigns not working or moving towards the destination
- Fixed rotating objects becoming unstable after an extremely long time
- Nest debris cleared when nest destroyed
- Fixed loading character shaved tag from save if set in gamedata
- Carried characters get dropped if left robotic arm is removed
- Fixed characters being carried at weird angles
- Tweaked the AI senses, you should be able to fight large outpost towers 1 floor at a time, more or less, instead of being mobbed by the whole tower
- NPCs outside of their building are no longer 100% blind to thievery, they can factor in range, with a penalty. Unless the door is closed.
- clamped faction relations to +/-100
- another unjust wall termites fix
- Fixed building interiors randomly appearing in mid-air away from the town
- Fixed upstairs flickering when the camera is tracking a character on stairs
- fixed a bug that prevented certain campaigns triggering
- Fixed population multipliers affecting squads they shouldn't
- Fixed some bounties having no weapons
- 1 new male & 1 new female face
- Fixed the Purple Sands
- Fixed characters not getting food from the food store
- Looting shop counters now requires ALT-click
- Fixed town guards not attacking certain hostile factions
- Fixed the low blood of the mega-crab
- Fixed crossbow users unable to target neutrals
- Fixed a random crash
- Japanese language added
- Fixed prisoners not following/joining you when you free them. Mainly affects Tengu's Vault. (Needs import)
- Fixed the navmesh problems where towers couldn't be entered and whole zones were getting inaccessible
- Stopped town invaders doing your research for you
- Thinned out some of the heavy clustering of resource rocks that allowed extremely industrious mining and riches
- Stopped AI conflicts between the animal feeder and the food storage
- Blood trails fade out with bleed rate
- Prevented some loopholes where you could buy powerful NPCs from slavery and recruit them
- Fixed slavers not putting their slave loot in storage
- Fixed some items getting under the floor when dismantling
- Fixed crossbows sometimes not loading right and then not being able to shoot
- Fixed campaigns arriving and saying nothing
- Possible fix for shops running low on goods and money for some players
- Fixed a bug that could make a squad disappear
- Fixed characters sometimes walking through town walls when offscreen
- Fixed UC citizens reporting you for kidnapping when you try to turn in a faction enemy like the Phoenix, also fixed some of the bounty values
- Fixed Freedom Seekers start missing vegetable farms tech
- A fix for unjust wall termites (could still happen other ways, send us a savegame if it does)
- Fixed legless characters standing in cages
- Fixed depopulated towns when importing a game where you owned a building there
- Fixed the broken iron and copper prospecting & drill placement
- Fixed a random crash
- Fixed the crash on import
- Fixed characters incapable of speaking being able to talk to NPCs
- Added extra attack slots to large creatures so they can be hit by more attackers at once
- Fix for some AI bugs and the crafting window showing nothing
- German language now mostly finished except for wordswaps
- Fixed the infinite loading bug
- Some small performance optimisations
- Fixed wounds not degenerating
- Fixed the characters still finishing their current order first when being given a new order
- Fix for the Mighty Canhead not attacking on arrival
- Fixed the icons coloring wrong
- Fixed a bug where wall placement would say "too close to a town"
- Fixed a few crashes that could happen from broken mods
- Fix for a game freeze and slowdown of swamp zone loading times
- Attack can now be shift-clicked to make a permanent-job, which basically puts the character into an "attack enemies on sight" mode
- You now suffer bloodloss while an amputated limb goes un-bandaged
- Wall termites- A check to see if you've sealed up your town with walls and no gates, it will destroy some of your walls (to prevent a lot of bugs that would happen, and because it's cheating)
- Health is clamped so it cant go lower than 3x -max health
- NPCs relying on dialog events to attack you are now more alert because they can be triggered by sound
- Fixed the tent materials to be double-sided
- Fixes for characters stopping when moving long distances
- Fixed a bug with the robot limb HP when re-equipping
- Fixed a game freeze when picking up NPCs sometimes
- Stopped _DEAD_SQUAD__ appearing on import game
- Gear inventory icons are now colorised
- Removed an erroneous raid that made the anti slavers attack you just for being an ally of UC or HN factions
- Lowered the lock lvl of ancient safes to compensate for the lockpick limits. Regular safes are still the same though
- Fixed a bug where butchery items could cause deaths
- Fixed player characters AI accidentally stealing items from towns
- Fixed a critical slowdown bug that could occur at random situations
- A few more fixes for AI medics in HOLD mode
- Fixed crazy stealth multiplier on the Armoured face plates
- Fixed not being able to dismantle camps built inside ruins
- Fixed some gui scaling issues when the window changes size
- Attempt to fix utf-8 save file names
- Advanced options panel shows previously saved values when importing
0.98.10 Posted On Feb 28, 2018
- You can no longer attempt to pick locks that are beyond your skill level (if it's less than 5% success chance)
- Added cheaper robot repair kits. It's false economy though, you don't get as much for your money
- Robot limbs now store their HP and damages. They wont give you a damaged leg when you first equip one, or do confusing stuff when un-equipping.
- HOLD position mode now limits the range of the medic jobs
- Possible fix for characters in HOLD mode getting all the aggro from enemies, and the aggro confusing medics. Hard to test though, so not sure what will happen this time.
- Some other AI control tweaks, like not going back into your bandit-occupied town to get food
- Weapons "indoors penalty" no longer factors in the weapons bonuses when indoors (basically its a bit harsher now)
- Fixed empty food items staying in inventory because there was still a crumb left behind
- Another AI tweak to stop characters running off to fight far away targets
- Fixed animals not getting butchered properly
- Skeleton bed now heals everything
- Fixed campaign AI so that they go home if your town is occupied by bandits
- Fixed bandit town occupation so it doesn't count bandits as occupiers when they are out of the town
- Fixed some cases of disappearing bandit corpses
- Fixed some campaign triggers getting missed
- Added a rain collector building
- Pet dogs prioritise combat actions over playing with severed limbs once they reach about 30-40% of fully grown
- Characters will now pickup items they need from the floor eg to find building materials or to fill a storage box
- If you build a furnace and set someone to work at it they will pick up all the severed limbs lying around and dispose of them
- Bodyguard orders are now always counted as a permanent job
- Stopped the fogmen swarming Mongrel to eat its prisoners
- Fixed right-click order to designate target when shooting from a turret
- Items dropped when dismantling buildings don't get put in invalid places
- Fixed used up items not dissapearing from backpacks
- Stopped buyback of stolen goods triggering fencing check if allied with the faction you stole it from
- Fixed portraits for characters with crouched idle stance
- Fixed robot characters being hungry when using rock bottom start
- Added some improvements to prevent campaigns blaming you when they are defeated by a 3rd party on the way to your base
- Made some adjustments to prevent passing bandit squads from constantly assaulting your town, though it still should happen often, it shouldn't be so relentless now. Need your feedback for further adjustments.
- Archers won't shoot at people playing dead
- Fixed animals not aging to 100%
- Fixed animals eating a limb and getting so much nutrition they don't need to eat for months
- Fixed adult dogs not fetching severed limbs
- Characters can no longer eat more than 50nu of food in one go
- Characters now get covered in blood
- Animals stats are now reduced to 25% when you buy one. This is because animals grew into high stats by default, so they were overpowered because those high stats weren't earned through combat, just time. Now they have to be trained up like everybody else. This doesn't apply to strength and dex, so they still get big and strong naturally without training, just the skills need to be trained.
- Adult player dogs no longer play with limbs, though they still collect limbs and carry them around a bit, they eat them quickly and don't run off. Adult wild dogs still run off with limbs.
- it now takes about 20 seconds for a bandit to butcher your pet dog, so you have a chance to stop him
- Characters won't sit around idle if they are selected
- Being in HOLD mode while sneaking no longer ruins your sneaking
- Fixed "use turret" orders not working when too far away
- Changed the ranged combat target selection function to be more flexible, let me know if things improve or not with target selection
- Fixed a miscalculation in the strength XP gain rate for encumbered martial arts combat. It was like 10x too high, now it's the same rates as using a heavy weapon.
- Fixed the FCS character random weapon selection
- Possible missing wordswap fix
- AI improvements for town guards roaming too far from town
- Possible AI fix to help stop Shark getting wiped out by spiders
- Fixed bodyguard-type NPCs having x-ray vision and running off attacking every enemy in the area
- Fixed public beds being free to use
- Fixed the ammobox being really tiny
- Stopped characters under "hold position" mode running to open doors in combat
- Added Thievery Training box and a tier 3 lockpick training box. You need awkward materials to build them though.
- Potential fix for the clothing display bug on AMD cards
- Fix for shop keepers going missing
- Fixed crash picking up corpses
- Fixed a bug with town gates not getting opened
- Fixed holy nation slavers constantly re-dressing slaves
- NPCs are less aggressive about healing KO'ed neutrals, they won't bash down your gates to heal your enemies for example
- Fixed crash in crafting list window
- Should fix issue some were having with AI not doing production jobs
- Fixed robot limb health clamping to 100 when loading a game
- fixed being unable to dismantle camping stuff when built indoors
- Fixed another AI bug with the sitting when idle going into other peoples buildings and triggering out of home town
- Fixed GUI having excess line spaces at larger text sizes
- Possible fix for a crash when selecting Garru
- Fixed crash when finishing crossbow crafting
- Stopped pet dogs from eating corpses (they just eat limbs now)
- Removed accidental mods
- Fixed the Ammobox that I threw together too fast
- Fixed an AI bug with the sitting when idle
- Prevented idle sitting when in hold position mode
- Fixed robot limb health clamping to 100 when loading a game
- Fixed the slavers "gathering slaves for shipping" AI
- Portugese translation complete
- Tweaked crossbow crafting costs
- Added storages for crossbow parts and ammo
- Fixed the blank inventory icons
- Fixed the UC guards killing all the Thieves and Tech Hunter shop owners, resulting in empty shops
- Fixed the armor & clothing craft benches not working
- Fixed a crash on startup for AMD cards (possibly... we don't have any AMD cards to try it on)
- Fixed some mods crashing the game
- Fixed a bug causing everyone in bandit squads to have crossbows, instead of a small percentage
- Fixed construction set translation mode skipping character names
- Fixed the tent blueprints not unlocking
- You now get a small amount of dexterity XP from reloading
- Fixed some of the bad automatic inventory icons
- Fixed AI bug when trying to fight with a broken right arm
0.98.0 Posted On Feb 27, 2018
- It's the best update ever. It adds and tweaks a lot of things that together change the game experience a bit. It's a good time to try starting a new game if you were thinking about it.
BLOOMIN' ROBOT LIMBS!
- when a limb goes below -100 damage, that limb gets amputated
- lost legs means you have to crawl on the floor
- Legs damaged past your KO point also makes you crawl on the floor, until they are bandaged.
- robot limbs can be added or removed at a Skeleton Bed
- robot limbs will affect your stats in various ways
- If you are crawling around on the floor you can still fight really badly as long as you have at least 1 arm.
- Your amputated limb goes flying through the air. Dogs will run off with it.
- If your pet dog finds a limb he'll get all defensive and keep running away with it until he finally eats it. Only happens with young dogs, so don't worry he will grow out of it eventually.
- Limb loss can be reduced or disabled in the options
- Crossbow shops dotted around the world
- You need ammo too
- Crossbows and ammo can be crafted in your base
- Blood gets sprayed on the ground
- People get covered in blood
- Blood pools grow around people who are bleeding out
- Crawling and bleeding people leave a bloody slug trail behind them. So fun.
- 18 new beards and 17 new hairs added to the game. Credit goes to Arkhiel for generously donating them.
- New hand-painted inventory item icons. Credit goes to Diogo Santos for making them.
- Some roaming bandit squads will assault your base and attempt to capture it. If they win they will throw you out and live there themselves, use your stuff, eat all your food. You will have to remove them by force to get your base back.
- HOLD button replaces the PASSIVE button. This puts characters into "hold position" mode. Stops your characters running off to fight, but now they still fight anything that comes in range. You can use this to position melee guys tactically, to protect your bow units for example, or guard a doorway. Also still serves its original purpose of keeping your weak workers away from combat.
- When playing dead, you can switch to stealth mode and crawl around on the ground giving your buddies first aid or trying to escape without getting noticed
- The travel shops now sell tent blueprints. These can protect you from acid rain when you are camping.
- Slavers and Traders guilds have near 0 relations multiplier, so fighting them causes less relations loss but they assign bounties to you instead
- Swearing filter is now removed from the game, but is still available in the options
- Hivers now have proper face morphs for the character editor, they can have more variety now, go and give all your hivers plastic surgery cus they're funny
- When placing buildings, ramps can automatically change to the correct building for the snap target
- Bandits now loot more food and take meat from downed animals, meaning they will eat your dog.
- Idle characters now sit around on chairs in your home base. Looks nice, and is a handy way to keep track of who's idle.
- Using training equipment can now be set as a perma-job
- Confirmation message added for when selling stolen items, to prevent accidents
- New keybinds added for stuff in the "orders" panel
- "Perception" stat added, affects accuracy with shooting in general
- "Precision shooting" stat added, affects friendly fire chance
- "Lockpicking" stat added, separated now from the "Thievery" stat, which now just covers stealing. This means that all your characters don't end up inadvertently becoming specialised thieves as a result of escaping cages.
- Thievery stat XP rate is doubled to compensate for the stat division. Lockpicking rate is the same.
- "Crossbow smithing" stat added for crafting bows and ammo
- A new AI sensory system change means that your squad now has to rely on line of sight, which should hopefully stop them running off over the hills to fight enemies
- The Fog Islands have better natural resources, so it's now a nice place to build. It's lovely, you should move there.
- Damaged robot limbs don't degenerate
- You now get a combat XP bonus when a character fights outnumbered
- Disguises don't count as disguises unless they reach over 40%
- Skimmers are less edible
- The "strong" new recruits are now weaker, because thats the spirit of the game.
- Chance of death default increased 20%. You guys aren't dying enough.
- You can now camp indoors in old buildings and ruins
- Overall toughness XP rate reduced by 28%
- Campfire is now automatic cooking
- Animals age 2x slower
- Robots and robotic limb damage is now healed instantly, but wear damage rate has been doubled, and first aid speed is 0.33x slower
- Weapons and armour are now almost quarter of the price. I think they were so expensive I never bought anything, just looted and stole, missing out on the joys of shopping.
- Beefed up Armour King's security, because you guys shouldn't steal from him, the best armourer in the world, you should experience the joys of shopping.
- Gear loot sell price penalty reduced a little to compensate for the cheaper prices
- As a result of all the above, crafting gear is not so insanely profitable and riches are generally harder to come by
- Animal skin is worth 8x more money, and makes 4x more leather. Hemp worth 2x more.
- The prices of food have gone up 10% (because of Brexit)
- Shops close 2hrs later
- Stopped nearby towns having vastly different trade markups, trade profit margins are more distance based
- Improved the shops available in the great desert area
- Armour blueprints 50% more expensive
- Chainmail sheets are less profitable
- Beak Thing nests have more eggs, raiding them should be a profitable adventure
- Fixed some bugs with the road based pathfinding
- Turns out all elder animals were running in the opposite direction of their pathfinders. They were walking backwards cus they're old.
- Fixed path not changing when clicking on distant terrain more than once
- Fixed prisoners reacting violently when you bust them out of their cages and calling you "intruder"
- Fixed a bug with weapon stats within a manufacturing group all being the same
- Characters can use medkits from their backpack
- Fixed negative vendor money due to faction prosperity
- Disabled ordering animals to pick up items
- Slavers don't magically know when a slave has removed their shackles when they are in a cage
- Follow task leaves animals outside
- visiting taxmen etc getting attacked by bandits won't trigger a base assault
- Fixed AI for the Splint job
- Fixed AI continually stopping and starting crafting jobs
- Fixed some bugs with the AI getting stuck with certain complex combinations of perma-jobs
- Unconcious check for flashing portraits
- Fixed some bugs with the dialog system picking the wrong target race or changing dialog targets to the wrong person
- Fixed screen labels never disappearing
- Fixed potentially infinite wolves
- Fixed building limited item stack limits being wrong for some items
- Fixed retreating campaign squads constantly activating when defeated
- Fixed not being able to build in the corner of a sloping stationhouse
- Stopped AI trying to put items in unbuilt buildings
- An improvement to the spawning distribution of squads when multiple separate map areas are active
- Fixed some disappearing prisoners
- Fixed walls getting incorrect gatecode if next to a building.
- A few audio bugs have been fixed
- Fixed issues with prisoners going missing when the map is unloaded
- Fixed a stealth XP exploit
- Finally made a proper ragdoll for the Skimmers. I hate making ragdolls.
- You can no longer build furniture inside incomplete buildings
- Fixed slavemasters only gathering 1 slave for work
- A few tweaks to the navmesh system
- Lots of small bugs, tweaks and crashes fixed
- Lots of new bugs and crashes added to replace the ones that we fixed
- Fixed a bug with the word count in translation mode not including translations of deleted source lines
- Enabled creating new wordswaps in translation mode
- Fixed crash in certain older windows versions
0.97.6 Posted On Oct 18, 2017
- Degeneration rate of red damage that is above the 0 mark is halved
- More fixes for slavery AI
- Updated medical panel GUI to cover the new wound degeneration
- fixed a stealing exploit
- Bunch of fixes for slavery AI
- AI panel options kept on import game
- Fixed crash building walls
- No corpse flies or smell on dead robots
- Increased chance of death re-balance (I'm trying to make people die more):
- Bleeding speed reduced by 33%, but blood clots 50% slower (extra bloodloss, but more time to treat it, but more dangerous when left untreated)
- blood regenerates 33% faster (so recovery times are the same)
- untreated (red) damage degenerates even when the body part is above 0 health, but at half the speed
- injuries overall degenerate 1.5x faster, but the rate is based on the amount of red damage
- KO time slightly reduced
- Small content teaks and additions to the new map area:
- Added a thing to Darkfinger
- Added a different thing to Sinkuun
- Added something awesome to the Deadlands
- Skimmers much stronger, but move in smaller groups. Made the ambushes work properly
- Inventory shift right-click now transfers entire item stack
- Tweaks to some armour values
- Fixed the animal feeder having a tiny capacity
- Fixed slave traders busting down your door to steal your slaves
- Fixed a bunch of pathfinder bugs that were making characters stop mid-journey
- Stopped animal limbs from going ragdoll, cus it looked stupid
- Increased HP of soldier/worker hiver heads, both to reflect their bony appearance and to compensate for inability to wear helmets
- Restricted a few more headgear items for hive workers
- Put more in place to stop taxman visits if you leave your base
- Stopped characters getting resources and food to eat from shop counters
- Fixed ragdolls not colliding with foliage rocks
- Fixed a bug where the overhead attack sometimes went undetected and got through a characters defences
- Fixed gate-code bug when wall ramps are loaded
- Fixed crafting building crash when recipe has fewer items
- Flies sound actually stops at a distance (still needs attenuation)
- Fixed dead npcs not being saved
- A bunch of level fixes like repositioning buildings, fixing blockages etc
- Added some Iron and Copper resources to a few of the new map zones
- added bull backpacks back to the holy farms
- Reduced faction penalties in Narko's Trap
- Megabeasts made stronger
- Slave towns no longer hostile on sight
- Tengu's Vault now hostile on sight
- A few more small bug fixes
- Fix for engineer job not fetching building materials
- Mainly just crashfixes
- Freakin' new map section released!
- Skeletons now accumulate small amounts of wear and tear damage as they get repaired over and over. This wear damage can be repaired at a Skeleton Repair Bed.
- Destroyed buildings now cost 50% more to buy
- Fixed artifacts disappearing from shops (like the ancient science books)
- Stopped items disappearing from crafting buildings when recipe changes
- Improved lag with ragdolls going to sleep (when many ragdolls)
- Fixed crash dismantling buildings
- Bunch of small fixes and tweaks
- Slightly reduced upper tier heavy armour resistance, to make the top tiers less overpowered
- Regenerated world navmesh to speed up zone loading times
- Improved navmesh splicing (whatever that means)
- Changed physics xml and bin files to use Ogre resource manager (fixes steam mods)
- another hotfix for the slowdown problem
- hotfix for the engineering job not fetching building materials
- (Fix) Dogs and goats can now eat food off the ground
- Dogs can now eat straight out of the food storage. While working on this my dog ran around my base and ate my entire stockpile of food, metal plates and buildings materials. Fixed that too.
- Added a special animal feeding barrel.
- Fixed not being able to go on roofs
- Fixed a potential heavy lag bug
- Hotfix for a crash
- Updated translation base data
- Animals will eat food dropped on the ground
- Animals will eat food out of the storages at your home base, if "feed animals" is enabled in the AI options
- Pretty sure that the goats were eating themselves
- Some small fixes
- Artifact distribution has been tweaked, there should be less of a shortage of AI cores and science books
- Tweaked dust settle amounts
- Stopped mounted buildings in towns from creating player outposts inside the NPC town
- Fixed character name tags appearing in character editor
- Stability fixes
- Added font size option slider
- Fixed a bug where NPCs could sometimes get moved through walls when running off-screen. This was the bug many people thought was enemies spawning in their bases. Should now be fixed.
- Fix for spazzy animal animation bugs, especially for leviathans
- Few fixes for windmill audio
- Fixed corpse flies audio positioning
- Fixed expand stats button appearing when gui is hidden
- Fixed paladins not having their gear set as uniforms
- Hotfix for the farm growth rate bug caused by an optimisation in 0.96.18
- Fixed the Rebirth slave delivery AI
- fixed the random lag problem from 0.96.17
- tweaked the medic AI so it shouldn't run off too far
- Fixed crash when approaching a certain village
- Bit of memory clean up for stray homeless squads
- Altered the player AI to choose nicer beds to sleep in
- stopped medkits increasing charges when skill is > 100
- unique NPCs that escape captivity can now travel all the way back home to resume their lives
- Fixed foliage showing inside the ancient lab
- Fixed escape menu fade out not being full screen
- Fixed expand stats button becoming stuck on screen
- Fixed a crash on exit for turrets
- Cannibals weren't eating people because they would rather sit down and relax. Fixed that now, prepare for horror.
- Corpse flies sound integrated
- Wind generator sound intensity based on rotation speed
- Fixed again the hive trader not leaving after finishing his announcement
- Fixed characters sometimes moving while still getting up off the floor
- Fixed slope calculation for building placement
- Fixed a road following bug
- Sound emitter fixes
- Fixed preview building usage nodes becoming invalid if you change floor
- Fixed select all button sometimes switching squads
- Fixed portraits and squad tabs never flashing
- Fixed dead characters not updating if no living characters are left
- Fixed a crash in the campaign system
- Possible fix for that flickering AI medic bug
- Small improvement to building/navmesh complications
- Fixed being eaten by spiders not updating appearance of dead bodies (sucking them dry)
- Bodies don't disappear so fast when being eaten by spiders
- Squad panel drop target hidden to make reordering squads easier
- Fix for AI trying to heal animals with large navmesh footprint
- Fixed excessive numbers of free wanderers joining your base (hopefully, it should be super rare, let me know if not)
- Stopped hive traders visiting too frequently
- Other fixes related to AI campaign frequency
- Fixed physics attachments being duplicated
- Fixed a bed usage bug
- Fixed the hive traders not leaving, and getting hostile
- Fixed the faction arrival message spam
- Stopped characters going to bed for rest if they are carrying someone
- Stopped wandering traders going to no-go zones (eg hiver caravan in holy nation)
- Mounted turrets and lights repositioned when parent building is upgraded
- Splinting now splints over blunt damage as well
- Splinting can also apply to non-limbs, to help counter work quality penalties when crafting etc.
- Fixed 'Put in bed' missing fron right click menu
- Biome title text does not appear when in town, so it doesn't keep triggering if you build on a biome border
- Orders, Crafting, Research and Squad lists maintain scroll offset when modified
- Character names can now contain wordswaps
- You now get back slightly more materials when you dismantle buildings, and the number has been added to the FCS global settings
- Fixed a situation where slavers or police could re-arrest you after releasing you from prison because they remember you're a criminal
- Fixed a bug in the campaign target selector that might have been bypassing the distance limits
- If a non-aggressive AI campaign (like the tax man) is defeated on the way to your base and you weren't involved then it won't trigger an aggressive response
- Added some race-specific foods. Hivers can eat raw and foul meat.
- Police no longer set imprisoned slaves free if they don't have a bounty
- Fixed up the slave shipment chain- slaver caravans gather up slaves and deliver to work camps. "Freelance" hunters deliver them to the nearest slave shop.
- Tweaked some of the fertility altitudes for some biomes like Vain
- Reduced range of UC tax man
- Added missing inventory icon for martial artist bindings
- Fixed some damaged gamedata that caused a bunch of tiny bugs
- Fixed water depth bug for characters in ragdoll mode
- Fixed some prisoners not spawning in cages
- Fixed characters being invisible when spawned sitting
- Fixed direct orders to use beds
- Some of the katana attacks now have reduced max-hits per attack, meaning they are less effective against groups. (Mainly the downward combo, but I also increased the power a little, this makes katanas more of a duelists weapon.)
- Fixed bug where conversations cut out after an interjection
- Hive traders will sometimes visit your base
- Doubled cost of animals
- Shek slaves get their horns cut off
- Lowered the price mark-up on illegal goods in the SW empire towns, the idea is that you only get the huge markups when you travel far east to the new empire regions
- Fixed navmesh not always updating when building walls
- GUI updated if window size changes
- AI options load/save fix
- Fixed the stupidly big move marker
- Fixed the broken hydroponic farms from last update
- Fixed occasional non-aggressive robot spiders
- Fixed creating too many face morphs
- Fixed animal inventory window for different sized inventories
- Fixed interior edit mode floor visibility
- Disabled deleting parent building in interior edit mode
- Iron spiders have more iron plates and electrical components, to make them worth harvesting
- Tweaked farm fertility calculations
- Fixed missing face options in character editor
- Fixed some logic bugs in the dialog system
- Fixed battery drain amount
- Fixed stealing stuff without holding alt
- Fixed wall previews being red when valid
- Fixed outsideFurniture property when confirming multiple buildings at once
- Fixed indoor particles (again)
- Building sound emitters can stop if nobody is working
- Fixed crash loading translation with missing original line variant
- Fixed translation line disappearing if translated to empty
- Changed translation ORIGINAL_MODIFIED state colour to orange (easier to see)
- Added AI control options panel
- NPCs now have random faces
- Fixed floor number of dropped items
- Fixed mouse traces for items on upper floors
- Fixed visibility for items with no collision (Fancy Rug)
- Added some missing components for the Robotics Storage
- Improved the auto-sleeping AI bugs, not sure if it's perfect yet. Planning to add an AI control panel later on to enable/disable things
- Added missing combat skill effect to backpack tooltips
- Fixed inquisitors randomly attacking you when innocent
- Fixed a shadow artifact
- Halved the "water avoidance" factor in the pathfinding for player characters, let's see how it works out.
- Fixed unlock shackles action not working
- Kidnapping failure should now result in the victim getting up and attacking you properly
- Fixed a bug that could cause a possible persistent slowdown after a raid
- Fixed a possible crash if a player-given order is impossible in the first frame
- Fixed unbuilt lights contributing to light level
- Fixed empty faction list when importing
- Fixed a turret-related crash
- stopped potential infinite sound loop when loading a game mid-loop
- Sped up some production buildings
- Added automatic fabric looms tech to lvl 4
- Removed bread from Food Store
- If you upgrade a building that produces its own construction material (eg farms, iron refinery) then it will absorb its own inventory contents towards the upgrade cost
- Fixed a dialogue bug that skipped relations and money checks
- Fixed a duplication bug in the grass system
- Fixed a rare NPC population duplication bug
- Possible fix for a turret upgrade related crash
- Characters automatically go to bed if they are wounded and have nothing else to do
- Characters automatically ditch any spare resource items in containers if they have nothing else to do or are stuck with their current job, this should free up some of the jams
- Player characters no longer automatically heal or help allies from other factions
- Fixed some items not spawning in nests
- Fixed some loot items not spawning in nests
- Jobs mode now saves and loads properly
- You no longer get XP for stealing from prisoners
- Turret/light attachment nodes more visible
- Reduced max sloping value of all buildings
- The game now only autosaves once if you leave the game paused for ages
- Fixed AI tolerance for accessing a turret built with the wrong floor ID
- Fixed characters incorrectly falling over on load due to injury
- Fixed a possible startup crash
- Fixed null pointer crash with faction discovery
- Fixed some characters appearing on the floors above
- Hotfix! .3 had a crash
- Added 2 new cannibal raid types
- Animal backpacks now have way more space, making them useful for setting up bases
- Beak things now have meat
- Made cannibals slightly weaker again, added more Beakthings to the Cannibal Plains
- Reduced the penalty for tresspassing
- Crime "Assault" doesn't override other crimes any more, so its easier to see what you did
- [Jobs] button also no longer skips follow and bodyguard jobs
- EDITOR: Fixed crash opening translations
- Unbuilt (ie still passable) walls no longer make characters bounce over the top, and can be clicked through to select characters etc
- Fixed map items pointing to the wrong towns after import
- Fixed crash on dismantling buildings
- Fixed building audio "cavernous" setting not working right
- Fixed cannibals not properly capturing people if they were drawn out of their home town
- Fixed "He's in the water" bug when loading a game with ragdolled characters
- Fixed deadcat bar having no inventory
- Fixed the Empire taxman assault triggering when it wasn't supposed to
- Flipped the default setting for "Invert mouse Y", because people start the game without checking through the options first and then freak out because the camera is the wrong way around
- Fixed map item inventory sounds
- Fixed the Automated Ore Mines research unlocking all 3 levels at once
- Construction shops now have blueprints for most of the decorative furniture like tables and carpets
- You can now build a lot closer to ruins
- Placing buildings now has an adjustable slope-matching setting, so you can make more upright buildings
- The disable jobs button now doesn't disable medical type jobs
- Fixed a bug that was preventing victims from screaming when they were being eaten alive.
- Fixed furniture sometimes not being buildable above floor 0
- Fixed some talking animals
- Possible fix for escaping fog men tagging you as a criminal
- Fixed the "show markers" option not being saved properly
- Made the new hideous green markers a little more subtle. Our artist is on holiday, he will fix them up nice when he gets back.
- Added character mouse movement and camera rotation markers (designed to help beginners, disable them in the options if you don't need them)
- Halved the athletics penalty of samurai armour
- The bread oven is now automated, but cooks at half the speed
- AI must get up before applying first aid
- Fixed arm ragdoll with damage from blocked punches
- Paried punch sound no longer metalic with sparks
- Added loading progress bar
- Fixed a potential rare AI bug with certain gates built on slopes
- Huge terrain system optimisation, frame rate should be better when looking at the horizon now, and also more detailed. Unfortunately won't do much good for those with slow systems who already have the view distance and terrain detail way down.
- Secondary lod threshold for distant terrain
- Initial loading state continues until everything is loaded
- Changed slow startup load sequence to happen behind splashscreen logos
- Some general small optimisations to the code
- Replaced "chase" button with a "jobs" enable button, so you can stop your characters trying to run back to base to do their jobs when they are away from home
- Dropping an character who isn't an ally now knocks them out, to help with capturing slippery bounties
- Characters now prioritise eating higher-grade food first
- Mouse traces ignore collision of destroyed building walls
- Added some of the system messages to the dialogue log window
- Added borderless option to ingame options
- Shop signs no longer clickable, causing characters to pathfind upstairs instead of to the ground floor
- Fixed crosbow strings flickering
- Fixed the non-aggressive armory spiders
- Fixed some missing cannibal village squads, and possible cannibal raids not activating
- Fixed a crash when loading games in the GOG release
- Fixed random flat foliage
- Rewritten interior building placement building collision checks
- Fixed corpse flies sometimes not appearing
- Fixed the random missing apostrophes
- Fixed placing buildings on top of foliage rocks with collision
- Fixed material when dismantling non instanced buildings
- Fixed buildings with offsets in build icons
- lights no longer consume power during the day
- made cannibals slightly stronger
- Reduced instances of town guards overzealously attacking you for tresspassing in private buildings
- Fixed town radius not expanding correctly (causes all sorts of weird problems)
- Fixed selling and buyback prices for stolen items
- You can now use medkits from your backpack
- Fixed item group placement orientations
- Right click menu on doors is only instant when locked
- Fixed duplicated node removal
- Fixed reversed animations not starting (specifically put down character)
- Fixed some patrols never starting
- Added 'I dont have a splint kit' character message
- Fixed characters colliding with who they are carrying (caused jitter on pickup)
- Added level editor save warning when player towns exist
- Fixed duplicated town nests when loading
- Fixed nests being diferent when loaded from ingame menu
- Fixed occupied nest cages being duplicated when loaded
- Fixed speed groups not being created for characters loaded in group speed mode
- Fixed harpoons being drawn before thier material is set up
- Added loading progress bar
- Fixed paying for beds again when loading
- Fullscreen mode re-enabled
- Fixed a bug that could potentially make a savegame crash on load
- Fixed bounty clearing immediately when you get put in jail, resulting in no GUI info
- Fixed Shek guards attacking you on sight because they remember something bad you did ages ago
- Turret accuracies tweaked to require more skill
- Turret max reload speed now more skill dependent because it no longer uses "accuracy perfect skill" to adjust
- Added missing acid protection to all the Plate Jackets
- Samurai body armour chest coverage changed from 90->100%
- Fixed random crash on loading mid-game
- Fix for anyone with fullscreen mode set in their cfg getting broken screen resolution
- gorillos are a bit stronger
- Fixed a case where animals could freeze in combat against someone in defensive mode
- Fixed the inability to path inside the metal warehouse building
- Temporarily disabled true fullscreen mode 'cus it's broken and I don't want new players getting confused
- Borderless window option added to the launcher. True fullscreen mode re-enabled.
- Fixed monitor selection sometimes not working
- Sped up the speed of sawing through shackles (and fixed a crash)
- River raptors in Okrans Pride mainly only spawn from nests now
- Fixed the goat ragdoll
- Removed a debug cheat game-start that was left in by accident
- Fixed the acidentally recruitable ninjas everywhere. If you got any then you should free them back into the wild.
- Fixed the Y-house roof
- NPCs should now react properly when you free them from a prison
- Fixed the missing Megaraptor
- Fixed prisoners being immediately freed by law enforcers
- Added Shek guards to collect bounties from
- Can loot backpacks on the ground
- Acid damage changed to stun damage to prevent constant AI healing attempts
- Can only put empty backpacks inside other backpacks
- Fixed un-enterable armory in Mongrel
- Fixed placing characters in unbuilt beds and cages
- Fixed Task_UnlockDoor doing nothing for cages
- Fixed characters building nearby stuff without geting out of bed
- Fixed infinite nest population bug
- Player characters only get food from player owned containers
- Fixed dropped items appearing on the floor above in buildings with low ceilings
- "Imposter!" incidents should be a little less sensitive now
- Occupied cages in nests are saved
- Fixed incorrect build cost on cactus farms
- Implemented sound when dropping items
- Fixed nest random seed
- Fixed town nests not spawning
- Fixed bug replacing locked prisoner shackles with other footwear
- Fixed crash when using MEDIC button
- Fixed unequippable backpacks
- Stopped the "Help! I'm stuck" message (was supposed to be debug only, and animals were saying it)
- Sandstorms now affect attack stats, especially turret skills
- Gave a boost to the light value when calculating the stat penalty for working in darkness
- Fixed acid rain not affecting characters
- Fixed races with different max health (hivers) suffering injury penalties to stealth
- Fixed holy mine slaves attacking you when you fight their masters
- AI doesn't try to flee if it is trapped within a locked building or closed walls. They will resort to fighting instead, which will be good news if you are one of those weirdos that make slave battle arenas.
- Fixed possible gui threading crash with picking up items with alt held
- Fixed player town radius calculation (caused some AI bugs)
- Big animals don't go indoors
- Audio tweaks
- Fixed importing .po files from google translator toolkit to the construction set
- Remove town marker when all buildings dismantled
- Fixed reset tutorials crash
- Fixed crash in stolen goods tutorial
- More stability fixes
- Fixed faction relations not getting positive effects when joining eg Shinobi Thieves
- Fixed initial light state for lights on roofs
- Possible workaround for failing to detect video resolutions
- A few minor stability fixes
- Few fixes for nests like not re-loading buildings.
- Added option to delete savegames
- characters now fetch food when in owned buildings in other towns
- Fixed a bug with the trading range
- Fixed GUI display of the dodge skill calculations
- Added some missing AI cores to certain labs
- Fixed Ashlander Stormgoggles for the female mesh
- Fixed a thievery exploit that involved using a second character hidden far away out of sight
- Fixed crash moving characters between squads in grouped movement mode
- Fixed Tagelmust price being absurdly high
- A fix for upgrading farms
- Fixed importing games with purchased buildings
- Stopped town patroling squads from trespassing
- Added logging to detect incomplete gamedata from mod conflicts
- Corpse furnace job ignores targets that cannot be carried
- Fixed crash when calculating research time with broken gamedata
- Fixed crash when NPCs try to use player beds
- Player town now gets classified based on it's size and significance, which is reflected by the towns map icon and will later affect AI actions
- Slightly improved the weapons and armour for sale in Mongrel, added 2 new recruits there
- Created the foundation systems of world state queries, which will be explained later in a blog post
- Fixed a crash in one of the southern waystations
- Fixed weird case of buildings at outposts/ruins being assigned to nests and not populating the interiors
- Though I couldn't confirm it, I had reports of Stealth skill acting weak when it goes above 100, so I clamped the internal calculations to 100 just to be sure
- Fixed the AI bar squads again
- Stopped acid burning your feet when indoors
- Stopped the empty context menus from popping up
- Fixed shop window showing when looting a character thats getting up
- Fixed Hub bar not reacting to thievery
- Fixed failed right-click looting when stealing equipped items
- Forced context menu on clicking cages and doors
- Hats automatically hidden in character editor face/hair tabs
- Fixed visual bug when multiple animals were trying to eat the same target
- Fixed cannibals never eating their captives, now they will eat one periodically, even if the cages aren't all full
- Fixed some missing squads + interiors in cannibal villages
- New map town icons
- Added SFX for picking up and dropping things
- Fixed the weird spark particle effect in combat
- Fixed apostrophes in text randomly appearing as big spaces
- Fixed right click combat sometimes not working
- Fixed crash creating navmesh for unloaded zone
- Fixed crash when dismantling
- Fixed dialogue system "give item" function
- Fixed characters not moving if loaded in group movement mode
- Fixed speedOverride causing npcs to run everywhere
- Overhauled the buy-back function when trading, fixes a few bugs
- Character appearance randomised on new game
- Enabled walking on top of furniture
- Improvements to the tutorials
0.95.24 (again, un-numbered)
- I accidentally included a test quicksave in the last patch which overwites the "quicksave" slot, this removes it to prevent any further save losses
- Hotfix for farm harvesting failing constantly
- Fixed calculations for harvest success chance
- added missing veg farns M and S
- Hotfix for the bugged character editor popup window that was preventing new games
- Farms now divided up into different sizes, so there is now more need to re-invest your crops to upgrade farm sizes before you can reap full outputs, starting a farm is harder
- Small tweaks to farming balance, Greenfruit now more productive, hydroponic farms balanced.
- Added a downgrade button to buildings, so now you can bail-out if you change your mind because you don't have enough materials
- Added smooth filtering to the RTW shadows
- Characters don't eat your greenfruit unless they are starving (<60)
- Fixed a few subtle import related bugs, including unrecognised research benches
- Fixed rare case of characters sometimes getting frozen and unresponsive in a combat pose
- Tweak for animal portraits
- Character editor opens when buying animals (to change names)
- Fixed crash dismantling buildings indoors
- Fixed indoors state flag on items dropped by dismantling stuff
- Added a limit to certain attack types hitting multiple targets. Spiders and raptors can now only hit a single target at a time. Dogs and goats can hit 1 or 2 depending on the attack. This is moddable for everything.
- Increased light level for calculating stat penalty when working in darkness
- Farming research costs changed (2 crops & 2 books)
- Characters now share backpack food even when at their home base
- Farm plant condition no longer degenerates after the farm has fully grown
- Fixed some little problems with movement orders on walls and gates
- Fixed a rare bug where player furniture could vanish from a savegame. If this happened to you, press Ctrl+shift+F11 and you should get them back.
- Fixed a door/gate opening AI bug introduced in the last update
- Fixed crash when deleting/upgrading buildings
- Fixed inability to interact with ore resources
- Some small fixes for mouse selection of objects
- Fixed sleeping NPCs shouting "stop theif" but staying in bed and going back to sleep
- Building exteriors are now hidden individually, instead of per zone
- Corpse flies added
- Optimisation for the foliage system
- Skeletons no longer get a healing bonus from being in a bed
- Fixed a bug causing the healing rate to be crazy high when in bed
- You can no longer steal from allied factions
- A few long-range pathfinding fixes
- Fixed a few exploits for thievery and stealth XP
- Added PC-camera maximum distance for selection box
- Fixed exploit dismantling un-built buildings giving free materials
- Fixed trading inventory closing when changing character
- Added acid burn particle effect, fixed bodyDecayTimer
- Repeat crafting option saved
- Character movement speed option saved
- Improved rain particle delay when camera is moved
- Stopped turret and light nodes being deleted when buying a building
- Fixed flickering bug when eating corpses
- more stability fixes and small performance improvement
- Fixed global fog blending between biomes
- Reset global weather values (clouds, wetness, dust) when jumping long distances
- couple of stability fixes
- Fixed a major crash
- Actually added some money items to loot to some of the shops and buildings
- Added an info panel in the FACTIONS screen that shows any contracts with NPCs you have, like for mercenary bodyguards
- Added repeat option to the crafting queue
- Added sleeping bags. You need to buy some of these, they can be used to create camp beds and are re-usable.
- Camp beds now have half the healing rate bonus of normal beds. Healing rate now displayed in the GUI
- Wandering squads should now go shopping and relax at the bar for a while when they arrive in a new town, they also prefer to wait until morning to head out again.
- Number of materials returned when dismantling something now clamped to at least 1, so camp beds are now re-usable
- Added a move speed option to match the speed of your slowest character
- Characters now suffer a skill penalty when working in the darkness, now you actually need lights in your base
- Stolen items can now stack if they are stolen from the same source
- Sometimes abandoned buildings and ruins can have locked doors
- Added tooltip in new game advanced options window and options windows, to explain some of the settings.
- Added a physical item for money
- Fixed a bug where your buildings could get tagged with the wrong town, causing the AI to refuse to work/eat/use things
- Fixed some situations where towns clash, eg if a player builds a huge town, or builds too close to other towns/nests and building ownership can come into conflict
- Fixed map stacking
- Fixed repeated knock-out animation loops when attempting to stealth-KO someone
- Fixed building swaps for buildings in other faction's town.
- Fixed crash dismantling building with mounted buildings. Also added some behavior.
- Fixed dialogue log missing lines sometimes
- Fixed an exploit where you could learn blueprints without buying them
- Added a storage box for robotics parts
- Fixed a crash in the construction set when opening dialogue objects
- Doubled the "use" range of lights, in the hope it helps with lights sometimes being too far for engineers to reach
- Tweaked food-finder AI to use closest food container
- Removed the "no terrain cutting" from the options. It was a debug option from a long time ago, and no longer needed.
- Added lots of new books and writings to the world
- Bit more audio work, unarmed combat sounds added
- Added sound emitters to buildings, foliage and map features, also building interior ambient sound variants
- Garru now has attacks
NOTE: footsteps are temporarily inaudible in this version, will be fixed next update
- Fixed certain nests not spawning residents
- Fixed criminals getting released from cages early
- Probable fix for NPCs vanishing some time after being captured
- Fixed a bug that stopped some of the biome entry conversations from triggering
- Fixed carried dead characters being left behind when their old squad unloads
- Fixed path following case causing character to stick on walls
- Thief fences won't freak out if you try to sell them drugs
- Rounded health display text a bit so it wont stop at 99
- Fixed build menu icon crash
- Fixed the stealth mode marker arrows not disappearing
- Martial arts damage amount reduced, so that it doesn't skyrocket so early (It was getting powerful too quickly). Also sliiightly higher damage at low levels.
- You can no longer bail out & recruit prisoners that hate you, or ones that are super strong.
- Scorchlander strength changed to 0.9x, accounting for their slightly smaller build
- Added more information to the farm placement tooltip to reduce confusion
- Fixed the stupid crash on saving/loading
- Fixed up the fogmen AI, some weren't bringing victims back to the nests, and they weren't always doing the worship thing
- Increased the amount of fog men, there's also a rare fog man swarm
- Animals can now bash down your gates, no more raptors hanging around outside
- Fixed the missing "tied to a pole" animation
- Fixed an important missing dialog option for the construction trader
- Fixed the rain not affecting farm water amount
- Reduced the "too close to town" build limit
- Fixed a bug with the AI sometimes not acknowledging mines as a resource source
- Fix for doors being un-clickable if you jump back and forth between zones
- A fix for NPCs being unable to hurt you when you are disguised as an ally
- Fixed duplicated clothing appearing on hive characters
- Emissive disabled when there's no power to the light
- Added the missing bar to Last Stand
- Stopped battery charge changing when paused
- Fixed a bug when loading a carried character and they drop in a random world position
- Stopped random doors appearing when unloading
- Farm fertility display popup fixed for fertility effect multiplier
- A few crash fixes
- Automatically fills out duplicated translation lines (eg if there are 30 different lines that say "ok" then you only need to translate it once instead of 30 times)
- Added translation stats to the construction set
- added back the dialog export function for translations to use poedit
- Fixed custom column sorting for filenames
- Characters can no longer attack with their broken arms, they have to resort to kicks or whatever they can do
- Likewise if your sword arm is broken you can't block, so you'll have to resort to dodging
- Defensive combat mode now applies the +20 bonus to dodging if you are unarmed
- Tweaked weapon animation selection, mainly to fix the mismatching polearms stance, but also to add variety for specific weapons to use unique stances
- Reduced xp rate for toughness
- Small bugfix for difficulty of clicking on characters while paused
- a certain fix for AI/pathfinding with walls
- Fixed a problem with npcs sometimes teleporting back on screen after walking off
- Fixed the clouds
- Fixed a certain import crash
- The construction set now has a "translation mode" for using to translate the dialogue
- Dismantling buildings now gives back some of the materials
- Characters now feel the weather.
- Duststorms strongly affect visibility and hearing range, and prevent tracking by smell
- Rain affects visibility and hearing range a small amount
- Certain clothing can protect you from the elements. Goggles are good in dust storms.
Some fine-tuning for stealthy raids:
- NPC hear range is halved when you are indoors and they are not (or vise-versa). Range is halved again if the door is closed
- alarm range is halved, and gets halved again if you are indoors, and then halved again if the buildings door is closed
- stealth knockouts take into account your visibility more, and you can't knockout someone if they are in combat unless they are totally unaware of you
- Tweaked the follow AI for escaping slaves/prisoners so if you make a run for it they will keep up rather than stay behind trying to fight everyone
- guards standing outside of a building will no longer keep the door open
- Fixed a bug with some slaves not reacting when you free them
- shopkeepers won't talk to you if you are an enemy
- Armour can now have skill bonuses for unarmed, dodge, and fist damage.
- Backpacks now negatively impact dodging
- Added more slaves to the slave towns
- Low-level slaves are a bit more likely to join you, others like captured bandits now a little less likely.
- Encumbrance and other penalties have a slightly lower effect on move speed
- Fixed the trade window when you talk to a sleeping trader
- Fixed non-player faction relations all being 0 on import
- Added narcotics production to the tech tree
- Fixed the incorrect damage resistence number in the damage floating text when in simple mode
- Fixed stealth arrow markers not turning off
- Stopped player from re-claiming bounties by releasing prisoners
- Fixed bonus attack/defence stats display in the main GUI
- Fixed a few crashes
- Added some feedback arrows to stealth mode
- Added options setting for displaying the floating damage numbers
- Increased amount of food sold in bars
- Fixed a particular AI hauling bug
- Added dodging to the combat system. You dodge when unarmed, and it can also be used to break out of stun-lock states
- Characters now have rear-direction block animations
- Tweaked the camera limit so you can look upwards a little more
- A messagebox now tells you what item caused you to get arrested for smuggling
- Made block animation blending look a little nicer
- Added sound effect for barefoot characters
- Added the plastic surgeon to empire towns
- Added a few more combat stance animations for different weapons
- Fixed bounties getting deducted instead of awarded
- Fixed a bug with populating towns (mongrel was a victim)
- Fixed AI cores not getting spawned (needs import)
- Fixed NPCs coming into your base to work at your farms
- Fix for charater direction jittering when moving very slowly
- Fixed some visual bugs in the wetness system
- Fixed crash upgrading turrets in while use
- More tweaks for crowded combat movement
- Fixed the bar squads duplicating when loading a game or returning to an area
- Added a block for "thrust" direction, so you can now block unarmed and animal attacks
- Tweaked the formula for character muscle visibility. Its no longer affected by strength (which now only affects bulk) or toughness. The idea is to make characters end up looking a bit different to each other based on their skills (as opposed to everyone just ending up big and muscular)
- the new formula is: max(dexterity, martialArts) * 3.f + (athletics + swimming) - (cooking + science);
- Fixed a bug that was messing up the combat movement and making everybody bunch up too close
- Fixed block animations not playing. How did nobody notice that?
- Fixed some flickery animations and some animation bugs
- Fixed the fog islands zone
- Fixed some problems with importing
- Fixed random black inventory icons
- Fixed characters in character editor showing on top of each other at start.
- Fixed a few crashes
- Fixed the duplicated NPCs
- Unlocked more of the map with a new major faction.
- Characters don't randomly get wet when created
- Small fixes for stuff like light emissive materials, a road-following bug, weird grass shinyness during rain
- hotfix for the crash when arriving in certain areas
- Possible fix for the performance slowdown some people have reported since v94.3
- slaves are now valued by skills
- Fixed turrets to save how many harpoons they have loaded
- Fixed interior not shown when inside a building and paused
- Some small AI tweaks, including a max range to AI weapon looting
- Fix for invisible harpoons
- A crashfix related to firing turrets
- Temporary fix for a random crash in the terrain engine
- Broken turrets fix (couldn't reload)
- Some memory optimisations
- Other small things
- Hotfix for the crashing, sorry i didn't notice sooner
- Fixed vanishing furniture on import game
- Fixed the main GUI displaying the wrong values for attack and defence skills
- Removed a few things from the Stenn Desert to speed up performance
- Fixed bar characters not spawning
- Fixed some destroyed buildings not appearing in towns
- Fixed randomly black buildings
- Fixed a few crashes and visual bugs
Note: The new map area isn't 100% finished, wait a few more updates if you want to explore it at it's best. As a result I've made a last minute descision to not release the very bottom part of the map until next update.
- Active map area has (almost) doubled! New content and factions!
- You should notice a general performance improvement. The towns are still the slowest spots to be in, but they should have improved, especially the Holy Nation cities.
- Smuggling is now a career option. Buy narcotics or illegal goods and sell them wherever they are illegal to make huge profits. (You'll have to find where to buy/sell them yourself)
- It now gets wet when it rains. But, get this, it stays dry indoors.
SPECIAL SUPRISE FEATURE
- Unarmed combat added. It's designed to be a lot more challenging than learning a weapon. Probably will need further balancing, hasn't been fully tested in long-term gameplay.
- Overhaul of the the animation blending system, combat animations should blend more smoothly now
- Fixed up the combat movement/flocking system
- Also fixed most of the jittering in the movement system (not perfect yet)
- Fixed the holy nation bounty collection
- Fixed a common situation where NPCs wouldn't help defend their teammates if they weren't looking
- Slightly reduced the cut damage of the Falling Sun
- Combat XP rate is now also multiplied if you change the global combat damage option
- Fixed weapon smith critical successes not working
- Fixed inaccurate gui info in the weapon smith
- Armour smithing capped at "specialist" grade (unless you get a critical success)
- Added missing armoured rags to the crafting bench
- Fixed "get out of my house" dialog events when you were in a cage
- Fixed "intruder" events when you just get released from prison, also added a notification
- The AI now knows when it is in a chase, and should give up properly when they lose sight of you
- Removed the empty weapon smithing techs, they were left in by mistake, it's supposed to cap at mkIII
- Fixed the incorrect rum recipie
- Fixed closed doors being passable by animals
- Police shouldn't lock you up in private buildings anymore, so you don't get arrested again for tresspassing when you are released
- Food ingredients are now shown in the item tooltip and crafting window
- Some small fixes for characters getting stuck in certain situations
- Fixed the gate guard dialogs triggering repeatedly
- Fixed the buggy Flotsam guard approach dialogs
- Stopped civil wars breaking out in Bad Teeth all the time
- Weapon prices doubled to match up with the armour prices
- Fixed missing edgewalkers description
- Added more treasure 'n stuff
- Using equipment/ dummies in npc owned buildings is now illegal. You need to join the thieves guild if you want to use training equipment.
- Some small tweaks to Scorchlanders
- Added low-tiers to higher level weapon benches, just so its less confusing when you don't have any high level options available to craft there
- Fixed a bug with food getting super high nutrition levels, and then characters wouldn't eat it because it was too good and they would rather starve to death.
- Fixed flotsam safehouse
- tiny additional map content update. Added some simple tips to the mechanical shop keepers dialog.
- Performance boost! I measured an average 5-10 fps increase. This is not the main Ogre 2.0 performance update, that comes later.
- Tons of new weapons! The number has doubled. More interesting blunt and hacking weapons, polearms added, blunt skill unlocked, old ones overhauled visually. Rare and unusual weapons to find.
- Weapon types have more characteristics and stats have been rebalanced. Weapons can have advantages or penalies when used indoors, and bonus damage against certain opponents or animals.
- Characters will automatically switch to their side-arm weapon when indoors, if it has less of an indoors penalty than their main weapon.
- Crafted weapon quality is limited by character skill
- Crafted armour quality is entirely dictated by character skill (no need for further research)
- Crafting has a critical success chance, if character is skillful there is a chance the final item will be one grade higher.
- material costs and craft time vary by weapon type
- Crafted gear is now "imprinted" with the name of the smith
- Scattered appropriate weapon blueprints around the world
- Labouring skill XP rate increased 50%
- Inventory interface subtly tuned to be a little nicer to use
Over the last few years the economy of Kenshi has seen some inflation so I've re-balanced it a little
- Recruits cost a lot more to hire, it's not so easy to rapidly get a bigger squad early on.
- Cost of books is doubled
- Bounty amounts for crimes are roughly doubled
- You can no longer sell armour that is part of another factions uniform
- Cooking food speed is x3, but ingredient cost is x8. Now the focus is less on waiting around for cooking, and more on running farms and protecting your crops until harvest time.
- Properly added the research and crafting for the 3 main alcoholic drinks. These are the new cash crop as food was made less profitable in the last update.
- Chainmail is 50% heavier
AI ANNOYANCE FIXES
- Tracked down the bug where your character would keep stopping when you are trying to run away from attackers
- Stopped chars going crazy constantly cursing and chasin' off varmints and ignoring your orders
- Stopped chars going off to get food in the middle of a fight
- turrets no longer aim too high for small or young animals
- some rare cases led to characters running away instead of fighting
- Fixed a crash on save when you had a bounty with a minor faction
- This is the result of some extensive testing, to further balance the hunger system in the way originally intended
- hunger time is doubled again. It takes almost twice as long to get hungry.
- food nutritional quality is halved, but also food cost is halved too. Remember the yellow and red states are supposed to be starvation, your ribs are showing, you shouldn't be able to fully recover from malnutrition with just 1 meal.
- So, technically speaking, those 2 above result in the same amount of eating and costs, its just stretched over a slower timeframe now.
- Food is no longer a trade good, so you only get 50% of its value when you sell it. Bread won't make you rich anymore. This will double-up as a plot point with the Trader's Guild later on. The cash crop will be drugs and alcohol.
- Added a simple thieves/assassins guild
- You can now stealth-knockout sleeping NPCs
- Bounties are now assigned by factions. Committing a crime in the Holy Nation won't make you a criminal in the Empire or Shek Kingdom.
- Tuned the "spawn" distributions. Should reduce the situations where you defeated a bandit or animal squad and then more and more kept coming to fill the population vacuum.
- Also implemented a mild co-existence system, so small time villages don't get instantly wiped out by their dangerous evironment eg the BeakThing-Hiver wars
- When your character gets sucked dry by a vampiric creature and dies, it leaves behind all his gear and clothes, just sitting there empty where once was your beloved character.
- You can no longer sell a fence back their own items that you stole from them
- Athletics XP rate reduced by 25%
MORE THIEVERY REBALANCE:
- Stealth sound overhaul. When sneaking, targets will sometimes hear you. The chance depends on distance and skill. A zero-skill character will be lucky if he can sneak around a shop without being detected. This gives more XP to compensate.
- Stealing chances rebalanced
- Town guards will investigate buildings that have their doors left open at night. They can recognise intruders.
- You can no longer steal from your hired bodyguards if they get knocked out, they will now see it as a betrayal. IF they see it happen, that is.
- Dogs shouldn't go to sleep right next to your body after knocking you out anymore
- Fixed hired bodyguards not healing your guys
- Fixed an AI bug with crafting bench hauling
- The last update nerfed the stolen goods sell values too strongly (15%), they've been increased to 50%. I wanted to fix this before the weekend, because it ruined thievery.
- Fixed characters not getting up off the ground
- Kidnapping is now a crime, you can't just pick up sleeping shopkeepers and run off with them. Well, you can, but now there are consequences.
- Fixed some AI bugs where NPCs don't go to bed. Stopped bar guards taking paying customers out of bed and dumping them outside.
- blueprints and maps no nonger count as trade goods and so their re-sale value has the loot penalty
- all stolen items also count as "loot", so you can no longer sell stolen goods for full price
- fences now buy stuff at 50% instead of 25%, to make up for the loot penalty a bit
- you shouldn't get attacked at shop closing time anymore
- Fixed infinite lockpicking sound again
- put a minimum cap on bar patrons, so there's less chance of getting empty bars
- shouldn't be able to put animals in cages any more (because they don't fit)
- Some smaller AI and crash fixes
- Fixed another random crash that was introduced in the last update that addressed a random crash introduced in the update previous to that one
- Stealth knock-outs now have a skill-based success chance. Tougher NPCs will be harder to knock out. Percentage chance is displayed.
- Fixed the robotics skill, healing was using medic skill instead
- Fixed hydroponic farms crop yield
- Armour king now has a slightly lighter weapon, so he's way more deadly.
- A few more maps added to the travel shops
- Fixed a display error in the weapon stats
- Fix for a frequent crash introduced in the last update
- Looting law changes. You don't get tagged as a looter until you actually take an item from someone, and it doesn't count as a crime if the item was stolen from you to begin with, or if the victim is a bandit, criminal or slave.
- NPCs can also now get tagged as looters, same laws apply.
- Fixed possible issue with mod's data folders
- There was a mistake with the foldername instructions in /mods/readme.txt, it's now been corrected.
- Audio volumes have been re-balanced, footstep sounds don't dominate everything anymore.
- Fixed another talking animals bug
- Theoretical fix for hitting KO characters in combat
- Disabled dust bandit raid campaigns temporarily, until i have time to test and fix them up properly
- Fixed the AI bug where the shopkeeper would lock the door before telling you to leave, instead of after, and then consider you an intruder
- Fixed crash when picking up certain animals, and when sometimes using the furnace
- Added 2 Shek towns and a new zone in the SW of the active map area
- Stolen items can now stack if you put them in machines or storage boxes
- Heat haze effect
- a 2nd fix for talking animals because the bulls kept swearing when they joined you
- Solved the bug preventing walking on roofs
- Fixed more animal ragdolls
- Default Wanderer now starts with a loincloth so you're more like the other good-for-nothings. Trousers make you feel like you're better than everyone else.
- Fixed interior reloading when following a character upstairs
- Limit max attack slots to prevent crash
- Unclamped GUI scaling for higher resolutions.
- Stopped ground effect particles appearing indoors
- Few AI bugs and crashes
- Fixed patrolling characters stopping
- Fixed ragdoll characters always facing the same way on load
- If your prison sentence expires and nobody comes to release you, you can escape without being branded a criminal for escaping
- Fixed enemy recognition for the GUI (eg when to show red mouse cursor + context menu options)
- Fixed some of the animal ragdolls, added the missing gorillo
- Fixed attack range for some animals
- Increased physical strength bulk multiplier by 50%
- Moll now has dialogue
- A few more crash fixes
- Fixed Splint kits. They now work properly, and will save your life some day. Its now a separate job to medic.
- Added a gameplay difficulty option for hunger time, higher settings means it takes longer to get hungry
- You can now buy and repair ruined buildings that you find
- A few crash fixes
- Fixed being unable to pickup map items
- Fixed building construction progress and research sometimes not progressing
- included missing translation .pot files
- bed rental can have different costs
- Fixed beds getting stuck as occupied if you get out too fast
- adjusted character appearance calculation. Bulk (eg arm size) comes from strength or smithing skills. Muscle definition comes from a combination of strength, toughness, athletics, swimming, and dexterity, and is reduced by the cooking + science skills
- Fixed trader's inventory stack duplication bug
- Added loaded translations from mods
- Fixed another of the new AI hauling bugs and a crash
- Fixed the high-level rare artifacts not being created when you import a game
- Fixed some cases of internal town wars kicking off
- Fixed invisible characters when loading
- Translation fixes
- Translation enabled in release
- Other small AI fixes
- When you pass the starvation threshold you now pass out randomly and periodically, instead of forever. Gives you one last chance to find some food and survive.
- Reduced hunger recovery rate by half. Means you recover from starvation slower, but also means that a full belly lasts longer
- Fixed the newly introduced hauling AI bugs
- A few small audio bugs
- Fixed construction set translation exporter
- hotfix for debug lines showing on birds
- Fixed fertility value bug
- Non-swimming races don't ragdoll float in water
- Many many content additions, tweaks and small adjustments to things. Current map area content can now be considered mostly complete.
- Characters get wet
- Added a dialogue log window
- Ragdolls now float in water
- You can now pickup and carry animals
- Buildings now cast full shadow & reflections even if you are indoors
- Added the functionality to allow game translations
- Soft particles (no more harsh ground-intersection lines)
- resource storages are no longer infinite, they store between 25-100 items. This is an experiment, let me know if it causes problems
- When hauling, characters now only grab as many resource items as there is available storage space for
- Fixed vanishing slaves (they were all escaping when their masters got un-loaded)
- Stopped the talking animals
- Fix for some navmesh problems when building walls
- Fixed dropped backpacks lose their items on save.
- Modified Blister Hill to make room for the holy lord phoenix
- Mostly small bug fixes with the AI
- A bunch of map content additions and fixes
- If you are knocked out in an animal nest, its now possible to sneak away when you recover if the animals are all sleeping.
- Pickpocketing from sleeping targets was way too easy. Fixed now.
- NPCs and animals won't immediately go back to sleep after being woken up.
- Can no longer stealth knock-out animals
- reduced slave/shackle knockout time to almost nothing
- Farm harvesting times rebalanced and more reasonable
- AI cores were missing
- fixed characters randomly getting knocked out when they shouldn't be (probably)
- Cannibals more dangerous, added tribe chiefs
- greenfruit no longer so stackable
- fixed the "repeating talk to me" bug
- you no longer get thievery XP from anything with a 100% success chance (eg looting)
- Still finishing up the new content in the north of the map
- Fixed Rebirth town
- Fixed hydroponic farms
- Filled out town populations in certain new places
- New world map sector unlocked, active area is now double the size. Lots of content to discover. A little rushed, will contine to add final bits of content later.
- Added hydroponic indoor farming techs
- player characters should now attack anything eating their crops
- Stolen goods can be sold easier, shopkeepers can only detect if it was stolen from an ally faction. (before it was allies and neutrals)
- Rain now waters the farms and crops
- Updated some of the high-level research costs
- Fixed the huge bounty bug when unlocking shackles. If you have a character with an insanely huge bounty then sorry I ruined his future.
- Fixed huge knockout times when wearing shackles
- sped up some of the super slow farm harvest times
- stopped the unusually long-range cannibal raids
- Fixed all the weapons having the wrong price
- Holy nation characters freak out more when they see Skeletons
- regenerated some of the navmesh-> shorter load times and smaller save files
- Food store no longer drains power
- if you get hit while running away or wearing shackles there is a chance of you getting knocked down
- fixed some slave state and AI bugs
- Steam Workshop support added, new modding structure. All mod files need to be in kenshi/mods/modname/ instead of kenshi/data/. Other data files like textures should go in these folders too.
- Loads of new audio and new animal sounds
- Holy Nation Rebirth slave camp finished
- Added holy nation slave delivery caravan to take prisoners to rebirth
- Weather and birds systems improved
- Game speed >>> button now speeds the game up to 5x instead of 3x
- Fog islands were too foggy
- Big memory optimisation
- Lots of small technical fixes
- Fixed the/a random stopping AI bug when following roads
- Have done a bit of tweaking to the sensory system. You are now harder to see and hear when you are in a different building or on a different floor, this means for example that you could fight your way up a tower floor by floor without instantly triggering every enemy in the area.
- Spiders now eat you by sucking out your sweet sweet juices, instead of eating you from the legs up like everything else does. There aren't any spiders in the current map, I just wanted to mention it.
- Fixed moving characters sometimes going under the terrain when loading
- Fixed items sometimes being dropped if you move them too fast
- Fixed an issue with preview building altitude
- Added cheek fatness slider (for now only human female characters)
- Much crash fixes
- Quickfix for a possible freeze. Not sure if it was a freeze, but quickfix just in case.
- Hunger time is now 50% longer
- Fixed items missing from containerss in non-shop NPC buildings
- some fixes for building placement
- There was a bug a few versions back that damaged a setting on your interior buildings. Symptoms would be the AI having trouble reaching the object, getting confused, standing on the wrong floor... You can fix it now by rebuilding the navmesh with ctrl+shift+F11 when in your base.
- NOTE: For modders, there are now skinned character model templates available on the lo-fi forums
- Added an optional "no hunger" mod for those who don't like starving to death cold and alone.
- Dogs have a little more meat on them (3 instead of 1)
- Fixed a bug where a character could become un-hittable in combat if not tagged as enemy
- Bunch of fixes for the law enforcement AI dealing with prisoners and loot confiscation
- Fixed blank items icons
- Fixed issues with upgrading and dismantling walls
- Mainly crash fixes
- Fixed animal hair disappearing in character editor
- Fixed mouse tracing building through terrain
- Fixed harpoons material
- Fixed character visibility on upper floors
- AI fixes for taking wrong materials from machines
- AI fix for getting confused with food deliveries when hungry
- Crash fixes
- Emergency quickfix for a random crash
- Fixed a display bug in the stat XP progress bars in the stats window. It should now show progress correctly
- Fixed the Dust King bounty exploit
- Some memory optimisations
- a few crash fixes
- Fixed un-healable animals
- added new game start, and wandering trader starts with a pack animal
- a few more AI fixes
- turret gunners change to better targets more often
- lots of fixes to the general crafting/hauling AI
- Added turrets with spotlights
- Fixed assassination dummy training wrong skill
- Fixed random crash when buying buildings
- Fixed un-blockable animals
- Turret guards can now go and get food too
- Fixed AI pathfinder confusion with floors of objects
- Fixed AI taking all the food he can carry insteod of just one item
- characters in home base now automatically get food from storage when they need to eat
- characters outside of home base share food with squadmates if it's in their backpack
- Fixed combat missing attacks when on steep slopes
- Fixed unable to build wall ramps
- Fixed "auto-arrange" button sometimes losing items
- Fixed the cheap research costs bug
- building inventory is now imported when you import game
- More stumble fixes
- Fixed crash when starting with texture quality setting too low
- lots of small uninteresting fixes
- AI doesn't get confused when the output of a crafting bench changes, will now clear out all the old items and continue working
- Improvements to item collection/delivery AI
- Fixed the combat stumble-toughness threshold, stronger characters should get stunlocked less
- Fixed up the building & wall placement, its a lot nicer now
- Added a few small buildings, like ceiling fans and electric light posts
- Shift-click on an animal corpse will create an auto-loot job for gathering meat & leather
- Fixed right click movement in wall ramps
- Fixed GUI threading issues
- Fixed dropped item losing STOLEN tag
- Can now move building previews again after placing them
- Fixed stolen items behavior
- lots of smaller bugfixes
- Finished fixing up turrets. They're a bit more powerful at higher skill levels
- Building doors have 3x more hitpoints
- NPCs no longer lose their short-term memory when you load a game
- Characters now prefer to eat higher level food items, so they won't eat up all the raw ingredients if they have a proper meal. They also won't eat ingredients until they reach 200 hunger instead of 250.
- Characters now defend their farms from river raptors and other pests
- Fixed a bug with stealing chance calculation when stealing from containers
- You can now eat while using turrets
- Fixed the turrets missing neutral targets
- Game now runs on 2-core CPUs
- Hivers now react to crime
- NPCs react properly to failed knockouts
- Added hemp-based fabric loom
- You can now eat while using turrets
- Fixed character editor crash with ragdoll characters
- Other small tweaks and fixes
- I've put v0.90.10 as a separate branch on steam, as that was quite a stable version and there are some big bugs going on in the latest versions
- crash fixes
- Improved back-threaded resource loading, for slightly smoother load times
- Fixed a bug that was causing progressive framerate decay in the last 2 updates
- Fixed batteries thinking they were wind generators
0.90 New World
- fixed the missing audio
- player town location is now adjusted when you destroy buildings
- town walls are now passable until they are 80% complete, also the material now reflects this better
- Fixed engineers not doing anything if they didn't have the materials already
- Stopped people freaking out so quickly when you enter their houses
- Fixed sometimes when you buy a house a resident remains and calls the guards
- Fixed a navigation bug with moving inside towns with walls
- Fixed assassination dummy upgrading to wrong thing, and the missing iron refinery III
- Restored the muscle/skinny effect on characters
- Fixed the inability to build campfires, and they are now free to build
- Fixed the skeletons texture
- Fixed the bug with wrong damage amounts showing when hit by animals
- Fixed a farm AI bug
- Fixed the hovering turrets bug
- That didn't fix it, so here's an experiment to see if it's now fixed
- It seems the last update added a random crash, 2 actually, and I fixed one of them but the other is more complicated to track down, lets see if this update has fixed it
- Fixed underground interiors selection
- Removed already learned research from the research list.
- Fixed bug with adding building materials to certain buildings
- Performance optimizations
- crash fixes
- fixed characters flickering on some systems
- Fixed some issues with mines
- Fixed fuel storage only storing 1 item
- Fixed crash when dismantling buildings
- Added crop yield values when placing farms (this should avoid placing farms that won't give crops)
- Fixed animals inventory weight.
- Fixed in crafting buildings: saving/loading of inputs and items, stacking outputs (when possible), crafting times
- Fixed the crazy long food crafting times
- weapons and backpacks are left behind if a character is eaten
- Fixed the furnace's blown fuses and now is working again.
- Fixed empty named squads disappearing from the squad window.
- Fixed crash when loading or going near Stack town.
- Fixed mining buildings loaded with zero resources.
- Fixed some of the major navmesh issues in border zone
- bunch 'o crash fixes
- another improvement to load-time framerate slowdowns
- hivers no longer get injury penalties at full health
- fixed hunger penalty for some skeleton NPCs
- added missing cooking stove
- night time is now less dark
- fixed camera refusing to descend
- hunger now drains slower when you are KO
- fixed the repeat bounty exploit
- fixed beak things & bulls unable to attack
- eating stacked food no longer depletes the whole stack
- fixed imported squads having an empty build list
- bread is crafted much faster
- fixed crash with research bench lvl IV
- fixed player characters not updating properly offscreen
- bunch 'o crash fixes, particularly with the research window
- Books are now a little more common, and can be found in the holy empire towns
- Fixed random buildings getting navmesh-blocked so nobody could get inside
- Added a mercenary squad to the Waystation bar to help the freedom seekers start
- Fixed dialogue crash after stealing stuff.
- Fixed getting cooked food item from campfire.
- Fixed research consuming the required amount of items.
- Meat is worth more nutrition and cooks way faster
- Can't reproduce the Paladins in Wildlife faction bug, so I think it was because of the missing mod file before. Will enforce save imports for this version and see if it still happens.
- Fixed animals unable to attack
- Fixed multiple characters showing all at once in the character editor
- food now properly consumed from backpack
fixing the long freezes and slowdowns properly. My previous solution probably was causing bugs, which will now be fixed. Performance should be smoother.
- Fixed the black stripes on the terrain some people were getting.
- random nest items no longer spawn under the floor in buildings
- Added missing Dialog.mod file. Tons of content was missing there, and caused some crashes
- Fixed crash when purchasing buildings
- There are some big long slowdowns and freezes in the game at random times when zones are unloaded. Optimized these in a gung-ho kinda way to get it out quick. Will go over it more carefully later.
- robot repair kits now available at construction traders. Not in the holy empire though.
- Hive faction shop was missing tons of item types
- More fixes for starting in bad towns
- Stopped new games starting in deadly towns.
- Fixed getting stuck when trying to add building materials
- Fixed some of the crashes at startup that some people were getting
- Pets no longer need to eat. This is a temporary measure, later I will figure out a feeding method or something.
- Imposed limitations and a fix for importing old-world savegames
- Enabled the missing playable races
NEW WORLD (0.90.0) Due to the sheer size of the new map the first release will be restricted to a certain area only. This area will gradually expand with more updates, but the main focus now is going to be on stability and polish.This first build will be full of bugs and instability, please send us crashdumps and bug reports so we can fix it up.
- Entirely new world map. More detailed and polished, new factions, new content, things to explore. Its' like Kenshi 2. Crazy. I should have called it Kenshi 2 and charged for it again, but I didn't.
- Entirely revamped research tech-tree, new technologies and balance. Research is faster, but has a cost in items or artifacts.
- Totally new buildings. Multiple floors, and you can mount turrets on the rooftops.
- New power system. Generators require fuel, wind power fluctuates with the wind strength, batteries compensate for fluctuations. Fuel can be made
- Revamped farming system and different crops.
- New animals, and new races with own strengths and weaknesses.
- There's water now. Rivers to cross and oceans to drown in.
- Camping- You can build easy camp beds and fires for survival when traveling
- Things and places to find. Bandit bases, old labs, ruins.
- Hunger is now a thing. You can die of starvation although it takes a long time. Your characters appearance reflects their state of physical strength or malnutrition.
- Buildings are now made with multiple materials. Machinery requires iron and sometimes copper.
- Thievery is improved, buildings have things to steal, guards are more alert.
- Leather crafting now requires you to hunt for animal skins
- Nice new zoomable world map window. It's so nice.
- Your stats are now affected by injuries and malnutrition.
- Certain animals might now eat your crops, your dead bodies, and sometimes even your unconscious bodies.
- NPCs use the stuff in their homes, guards train, people sit etc
- Guards in buildings and shops now discreetly sort of follow you about, keeping an eye on you
- Fixed getting busted for stealing from accidental clicks. You can look inside unlocked containers, and lock picking has to be chosen through the right-click menu.
- Reduced labor/engineering speed penalty at level 1 from 0.25x to 0.5x. This will speed things up slightly at the lower levels when starting out
- Stealth skill is easier to train in non-hostile environments.
- Increased trade profitability by 50%, this combined with thievery should provide decent alternatives to looting as a profession in the early game stage.
- Characters with a turret job will automatically use whichever turret has enemies in its line of fire.
- New long-distance move command, so you can click on distant terrain and your characters will run there
- Tons of bugfixes.
- New fancy shadow system, looks nicer and more importantly runs faster.
- New terrain engine. Runs faster, looks nicer and shows more detail for distant mountains
- Long-range pathfinding system. You can click on any visible distant mountain and your characters will find their way there, following roads.
- A lot of fundamental engine optimizations have been done, this may temporarily cause new bugs, but hopefully speed things up
- Bit of an overhaul to the animation system, runs faster and combat
animation should be a little smoother and have more functionality
- Overhauled with a new PBR & HDR global lighting system, should make a great improvement to the visual quality
- (Credit for this goes to Linda MacGill and Igor Frolov of Bug Zen!)
- an AI fix for operating automatic machines
- crash fixes
- Added more content for slave buying/selling. Buying slaves is now cheaper but it has random results. You can also sell bandits or someone you're carrying.
- Fixed the thief fence. He has more money, buys at a low price, and doesn't sell his own clothes.
- Fix for traders spawning under the floor
- various crash and performance fixes
- crash when stealing with right-click
- Fixed some bugs with the AI invasions, and with vanishing AI squads, plus a related crash.
- Fixed a bug that caused huge loading times and performance hit to savegames where you had traveled a lot
- Fixed a possible trader crash
- Crashfix when occasionally picking up items from the ground
- There's a bug that only some people get where it crashes when saving. I don't know why, so I tried some stuff that might help or might not. I need more information, or a savegame if it happens only in a particular game.
- Some more stability fixes, and improvements to the formation movement
- Fixed nests and camps not being spawned
- A few more random crash fixes that were reported
- You can now alt-tab out of fullscreen mode in DX11
- Fixed the athletics skill not increasing
- Fixed the "location" of characters when they ragdoll and slide down a hill
- Fixed wandering trader AI jittering and freaking out after staying in a town more than 6 hours
- Fixed the BUY button on houses not functioning
- Fixed 2 random crashes
- Fixed the crashdump zip getting a truncated filename
- Fixed newly bought&freed slaves getting tagged as escapees when save/loaded
- Fixed again the walls, I had fixed the scales for them but there were still old, badly scaled collision files that i have now replaced
- Fixed the bugs with corpses, incorrect ragdolls, location etc
Mainly a hotfix for the save bug, I will work on the other bugs next.
- Solved the savegame error where it didn't save your squad if most of them were knocked out
- Walls were scaled differently. This was not supposed to be in the release version yet, they've been set back to normal again. Sorry for breaking your base walls. Super-sorry if you just rebuilt your base walls to match the new scales.
- Fixed issue with alt+tab and fullscreen.
- Fixed big fonts with resolutions larger than 1920.
Apologies for the delay with this update, we are currently working a lot on content for the new world map and hoping to release the first part of it in the next major update.
- Huge optimization that uses more multi-threading for the game code and AI, improving performance significantly when there are a lot of characters around.
- AI War Campaigns, NPC factions can now launch proper missions. This is similar to the faction assaults feature that was around in an older version, except the difference is it's now a fully dynamic system
- Random bandit camps
- Races now have different bonuses and penalties to certain stats
- Render optimization for the lights, it appears they were slowing things down a lot
- A new shadow system, with better performance and quality
- Bars now have a variety of random goons who all sit together:
- mercenary groups
- thieves, with fences to sell stuff to
- bounty hunters
- colorization maps added to faction armours
- AI squads now move in formation
- The AI can capture slaves and make them fight as a conscripted army
- You can now buy and sell slaves
- You can now pay the bounty on a character to get him out of prison
- Made our own game launcher (old one was a default part of Ogre engine), which hopefully fixes some of the config problems people had with DX11
- Fixed the shortage of nests
- Fixed being unable to use beds and cages
- Fixed the overpopulation of the slaver camp
- Fixed some more pathfinding/collision bugs
- Fixed a ragdoll display bug
- added lamp posts to the research
- shouldn't get bounties for attacking animals anymore
- fixed getting tagged as a criminal for attacking bounties
- Other small fixes and crashes
- Fixed crash when trading to your backpack
- Police can't steal your bounties anymore when you walk into town
- Fixed the crafting list scrolling back to the top whenever you choose an item
- Fixed the invisible inventory icons i think
- tried removing a certain AI optimization to see if it solves the AI problem where NPCs idle too much or forget what they were doing
- fixed the "arm through the chest" animation bug
- possible fix for when an NPC squad gets unloaded while carrying a player character
- fixed not being able to place turrets on walls (you can add lights now too)
- fixed some armour in shops being un-graded, and having overpowered stats
- A rare-case gate fix
- A few crashes
- Fixed loot window not appearing
- Fixed importing old savegames not working
- Fixed crash when building something with an emissive material
- Crash fix when looting people near nests
- Town populations slowly regenerate when residents die. Killing off a lot of NPCs that are affiliated with a nearby town will weaken that town slightly, it's possible to wipe out all the cannibal patrols roaming near a cannibal village for example. Currently "homeless" factions like the bandits are not affected by this.
- brought back the town info tooltip on the mapscreen to show population information. I will rely on player feedback for balancing it.
- Crime system in progress.
- You can now steal from shops
- Crimes are recognised by the AI
- Police can put a bounty on your head and arrest you
- Civilians can raise the alarm and call police attention to a crime
- Pickpocketing: NPC is alerted if he notices you stealing from his inventory while he sleeps
- Selling stolen items has a chance of getting you in trouble, especially if you try to sell things back to the victim
- Sleeping NPCs are woken up by noise, but it's easier to rob them
- Police confiscate weapons and stolen goods. Then they sell them.
- Updated traders inventory:
- To trade with a shop you need to talk to the trader character.
- Interacting with the containers, counters, chest, etc. will be considering stealing. (Work In Progress)
- The traders inventory is infinite, so you can sell stuff more easily
- The trader stores his shop inventory in the actual containers around the shop. This means you can steal stuff from them.
- Some item containers now have locks. Traders keep the more valuable items in the more secure containers
- Added a node system to building placement. It ensures that any machines and storage you place is always accessible by characters and fixes a lot of bugs like when characters tried to access a storage box through a wall
- Emissive lighting added
- Added AI ability for super long-range pathfinding, even when zones in between start and destination are unloaded
- Fixed orders panel black text-on-black tooltips
- Fixed item labels not showing when loading a game with items on ground
- A few small movement system fixes
- Fixed undo when building walls
- Fixed game unpausing or closing the pause menu when autosaving.
- Fixed unpausing game possiblity while on the in-game main menu.
- Fixed/updated research window.
- Fix for the inverted "cant build near towns" range testing bug
- Another hopeful fix for the teleporting into the void bug
- Fixes for character portraits
- Some small fixes for navmesh and AI within town walls
- 1 more crashfix
- More debug logging information added to track down the teleportation bug
- Stability fixes
- Slavers shouldn't capture police and soldiers anymore.
- Slave shops added to major towns. Still a WIP.
We are still trying to track down the problem with squads/characters vanishing off the map or into the void, often when you load a game. We've added more debug information now, so if you load up your savegame and find that it's missing anyone, either send us the save or just the file called "save.log" that you should find in your save folder. This save.log file only appears if something bad was detected, so if you see it, send it in!
- AI fix for engineers, they were picking the furthest instead of the closest target
- AI fix for wandering traders
- possible AI fix for move orders getting cancelled
- Fixed the police chief bounty hunting dialogue
- Some fixes for wall upgrading
- fix for spawning under floor in some buildings
- Fixed equip/drop item bug
- Fixed the crazy "man standing on my head" ragdoll bug when you save a game while carrying someone
- other small fixes
- Added a mercenary guild that can be hired to guard your base. Need to import a new game to see their shops appear in towns
- Fixed the "Day" always being 1 in some cases
- a fix for getting stuck in doors
- More stability improvements
- 2nd AI fix for movement overshooting the destination
- bugfix that was causing increased loading times at startup
- small combat animation fix
- dogs are less bitey, have more time between attacks
- AI fixes for the slave camp
- Another fix for "reset positions" not recovering all squads
- Fix for character movement overshooting the destination
- More small fixes for movement and AI
- Lights don't work until you finish building them
- Walls now don't affect pathfinding until they are 20% built
- Another possible fix for characters vanishing into the void
- Some more auto-job AI fixes
- re-enabled civilian NPCs
- Moar stability
- Fixed characters running on the spot when the navmesh updates
- Possible fix for characters vanishing into the void
- Fixes for the auto-jobs AI getting stuck. If it still happens in any situations I will need someone to send me a savegame for it.
- Improvement to the "reset positions" import function that will recover missing squads
- Fix for when engineers stand idle as a result of an unreachable building
- A fix for the prospecting window
- A few more small things and stability fixes
- Fix for 32-bit mode not running
- Fixed creature nests not spawning anything
- Fixed the suicidal follow AI behavior
- Fixed breaking shackles with brute strength
- Fix for the player outpost renaming
- Stability fixes
- Fixed the bug where characters could still "see" their squadmates from miles away and would run across the map to help them
- Fixed re-captured slaves going back to escaped slave status
- fixed the "chase" mode order, so characters shouldn't run off so much, but it's not been tested much yet
- Bandits won't get so obsessed with picking up dropped items they cant get to
- a possible fix for characters getting teleported outside of the known world
- fixed the wandering trader AI doing nothing
- Fixed turrets doing 1 damage again. Naughty turrets.
- Fixed the dismantle all button on walls
- Fixed wall placement snapping to position the wrong way around
- Fixed character AI preferring melee to using turrets
- Lots of AI bugfixes relating to fighting with turrets, and attacking gates (WIP)
- Fixes for wall placement
- Fixed 2 movement AI bugs making slavers and possibly town NPCs idle around some times
- Stability fixes
- Updated the prospecting GUI window
Some savegame "corruptions" it turns out are caused by not importing your savegame after update 0.74.14. Import if you have problems, report the bug if you still have problems.
- If you have a savegame with a missing squad or characters vanishing "into the void" then loading your game with "reset squad positions" will now recover everyone. We are currently tracking down the root cause of this bug.
- Crashfix for certain situation deleting interiors
- Fixed a small typo in the perception system that made everybody not see other neutral NPCs
- Added audio to the perception system (work in progress)
There seems to be a lot of bug reports lately of the game crashing when loading certain savegames. These are NOT caused by corrupted savegames, but are crashes from loading certain stuff. If you experience this, send us your savegame, we will fix the bug and your savegame will work again after the next update.
- Fix for randomly broken combat movement
- Fix for some of the loadgame crashes
- Player characters can see better now, won't ignore things so much
- A fix for potential problems with navmesh backwards compatability in previous saves
- Just stability fixes
- possible fix for random situations where characters dont move
- Toned down the strength and number of the dog packs
- Fixed recruitment (and other dialog) "sorry i cant afford it" bug
- more fixing for player characters not loading if you load a game and they are far away
- there was a bug where excessive numbers of squads were being saved, causing bloated savegames
- Fixed a potential load crash
- Totally new movement system:
- eliminates the frame rate spikes
- improves performance
- stops NPCs always getting stuck and flickering back and forth (probably still get some bugs though, it's a new system)
- stops the random crashes when changing map areas
- Totally new AI sensory system:
- all NPCs now use field of view and line of sight
- you can avoid detection, fight a guard without raising the alarm etc
- Its totally awesome and cleverly made so it doesn't hurt the frame rate with tons of characters all LOS checking eachother
- Probably will cause a lot of new bugs because it's a fundamental system with far-reaching gameplay consequences
- I didn't have time to add audio senses, only visual, so sneaking will be a bit too easy until next update.
- Slave escapes:
- You can free slaves and they'll react and escape and thank you and try to escape with you and sometimes join you once you get away.
- a change to the time system means you may end up with problems like getting stuck tagged as a slave for 99999 hours or a wandering trader that never leaves your town- import game to fix it.
- Fixed some certain savegames crashing on load
- Fixed some certain savegames/imports getting stuck on the loading screen
- Fixed player buildings being un-built on import
- Fixed the missing Alt-key item labels
- Did a little internal rewrite that should stop the occasional various bugs arising from NPC or building handle IDs changing. Might also cause unforseen bugs as it's a new untested system.
- More stability fixes
- Fixed athletics penalty not showing in armour tooltip
- Paladin and mercenary guards should now protect you in towns
- Proper fix for character editor camera
- Fixed item labels on ground
- Fixed inventory item right click behavior
- Fixed weapon stacking losing its level
- Can no longer stack weapons
There are some known bugs with importing and loading games freezing up or not loading. This will be dealt with in the next update
- Fixed crash when shooting animals with harpoon turret
- Fixed the invisible in character editor bug
- Fixed some of the flophouses not working
- Stopped (I think) towns errupting into civil war
- Fixed another crash. Keep sending those crashdumps.
- Fixed turrets only doing 1% of their damage
- Fixed NPCs tagging their allies as neutrals
- Escaped slave recognition is now based on an alertness-based timer, same as seeing through disguises
- Slavery status improved, you now have 4 states- free, slave, escaping slave, ex-slave. Escaped slaves eventually lose their slavery status, and also don't get attacked on sight all the time.
- Fixed a crash when automatically hauling weapons or armour to a full container
- Fixed the random broken shopkeepers
- Fixed the stray outpost appearing on the map screen
- Fixed the stray outpost showing on the map
- Fixed characters going back to open the gate when they go outside the base
- Fixed the bounty/slave panel position in the GUI
- Fixed an AI bug with crafting machines
- Fixed a frequent crash loading certain buildings and savegames that was introduced in the last patch
- Fixed the instant building bug
- Added separate farming and cooking skills
- Fixed lights. You might have to switch all your lights back on manually.
- Fixed the remaining inventory item icons
- Fixed some random town buildings not being populated.
- Fixed crafting bench item crafting bug
- Mainbar now displays correct floor number
- Added panel in the build mode to change floors
- Bunch of other smaller bugs and crashes
- Fixed newly built buildings not showing their interiors
- Can cancel crafting items properly now, and it shows the current item without having to operate it
- Fixed a crash when upgrading crafting benches
- couple more crashes
- Fixed outpost "open to public" status
- Item furnace takes stacked items into account
- Player characters don't instantly attack all NPCs who enter their base
- If you equip 2 katanas on your back, it shows on your character now
- Fixed AI bug for automatic machinery
- Characters now haul properly for automatic mines and machines
- The slave camp