The changelog shows what changes were implemented with each version of Kenshi. You can find the changelog in the Kenshi main directory. This list is everything included in that file to date.
- If you experience random crashing, you are probably running out of video memory. Turn down "Texture quality" in the game options
- No more 32-bit support, it's impossible, the game's gotten too big to fit within the 3GB memory limitation. You can still access the older 32-bit version through Steam's [kenshi->properties->betas] tab.
- Initial loading time is sometimes pretty long on non-SSDs. The terrain will take ages to load in and things will look weird/white for a while but once loaded everything should be fine.
- You won't see all new map content unless you import your savegame after an update
- Degeneration rate of red damage that is above the 0 mark is halved
- More fixes for slavery AI
- Updated medical panel GUI to cover the new wound degeneration
- fixed a stealing exploit
- Bunch of fixes for slavery AI
- AI panel options kept on import game
- Fixed crash building walls
- No corpse flies or smell on dead robots
- Increased chance of death re-balance (I'm trying to make people die more):
- Bleeding speed reduced by 33%, but blood clots 50% slower (extra bloodloss, but more time to treat it, but more dangerous when left untreated)
- blood regenerates 33% faster (so recovery times are the same)
- untreated (red) damage degenerates even when the body part is above 0 health, but at half the speed
- injuries overall degenerate 1.5x faster, but the rate is based on the amount of red damage
- KO time slightly reduced
- Small content teaks and additions to the new map area:
- Added a thing to Darkfinger
- Added a different thing to Sinkuun
- Added something awesome to the Deadlands
- Skimmers much stronger, but move in smaller groups. Made the ambushes work properly
- Inventory shift right-click now transfers entire item stack
- Tweaks to some armour values
- Fixed the animal feeder having a tiny capacity
- Fixed slave traders busting down your door to steal your slaves
- Fixed a bunch of pathfinder bugs that were making characters stop mid-journey
- Stopped animal limbs from going ragdoll, cus it looked stupid
- Increased HP of soldier/worker hiver heads, both to reflect their bony appearance and to compensate for inability to wear helmets
- Restricted a few more headgear items for hive workers
- Put more in place to stop taxman visits if you leave your base
- Stopped characters getting resources and food to eat from shop counters
- Fixed ragdolls not colliding with foliage rocks
- Fixed a bug where the overhead attack sometimes went undetected and got through a characters defences
- Fixed gate-code bug when wall ramps are loaded
- Fixed crafting building crash when recipe has fewer items
- Flies sound actually stops at a distance (still needs attenuation)
- Fixed dead npcs not being saved
- A bunch of level fixes like repositioning buildings, fixing blockages etc
- Added some Iron and Copper resources to a few of the new map zones
- added bull backpacks back to the holy farms
- Reduced faction penalties in Narko's Trap
- Megabeasts made stronger
- Slave towns no longer hostile on sight
- Tengu's Vault now hostile on sight
- A few more small bug fixes
- Fix for engineer job not fetching building materials
- Mainly just crashfixes
- Freakin' new map section released!
- Skeletons now accumulate small amounts of wear and tear damage as they get repaired over and over. This wear damage can be repaired at a Skeleton Repair Bed.
- Destroyed buildings now cost 50% more to buy
- Fixed artifacts disappearing from shops (like the ancient science books)
- Stopped items disappearing from crafting buildings when recipe changes
- Improved lag with ragdolls going to sleep (when many ragdolls)
- Fixed crash dismantling buildings
- Bunch of small fixes and tweaks
- Slightly reduced upper tier heavy armour resistance, to make the top tiers less overpowered
- Regenerated world navmesh to speed up zone loading times
- Improved navmesh splicing (whatever that means)
- Changed physics xml and bin files to use Ogre resource manager (fixes steam mods)
- another hotfix for the slowdown problem
- hotfix for the engineering job not fetching building materials
- (Fix) Dogs and goats can now eat food off the ground
- Dogs can now eat straight out of the food storage. While working on this my dog ran around my base and ate my entire stockpile of food, metal plates and buildings materials. Fixed that too.
- Added a special animal feeding barrel.
- Fixed not being able to go on roofs
- Fixed a potential heavy lag bug
- Hotfix for a crash
- Updated translation base data
- Animals will eat food dropped on the ground
- Animals will eat food out of the storages at your home base, if "feed animals" is enabled in the AI options
- Pretty sure that the goats were eating themselves
- Some small fixes
- Artifact distribution has been tweaked, there should be less of a shortage of AI cores and science books
- Tweaked dust settle amounts
- Stopped mounted buildings in towns from creating player outposts inside the NPC town
- Fixed character name tags appearing in character editor
- Stability fixes
- Added font size option slider
- Fixed a bug where NPCs could sometimes get moved through walls when running off-screen. This was the bug many people thought was enemies spawning in their bases. Should now be fixed.
- Fix for spazzy animal animation bugs, especially for leviathans
- Few fixes for windmill audio
- Fixed corpse flies audio positioning
- Fixed expand stats button appearing when gui is hidden
- Fixed paladins not having their gear set as uniforms
- Hotfix for the farm growth rate bug caused by an optimisation in 0.96.18
- Fixed the Rebirth slave delivery AI
- fixed the random lag problem from 0.96.17
- tweaked the medic AI so it shouldn't run off too far
- Fixed crash when approaching a certain village
- Bit of memory clean up for stray homeless squads
- Altered the player AI to choose nicer beds to sleep in
- stopped medkits increasing charges when skill is > 100
- unique NPCs that escape captivity can now travel all the way back home to resume their lives
- Fixed foliage showing inside the ancient lab
- Fixed escape menu fade out not being full screen
- Fixed expand stats button becoming stuck on screen
- Fixed a crash on exit for turrets
- Cannibals weren't eating people because they would rather sit down and relax. Fixed that now, prepare for horror.
- Corpse flies sound integrated
- Wind generator sound intensity based on rotation speed
- Fixed again the hive trader not leaving after finishing his announcement
- Fixed characters sometimes moving while still getting up off the floor
- Fixed slope calculation for building placement
- Fixed a road following bug
- Sound emitter fixes
- Fixed preview building usage nodes becoming invalid if you change floor
- Fixed select all button sometimes switching squads
- Fixed portraits and squad tabs never flashing
- Fixed dead characters not updating if no living characters are left
- Fixed a crash in the campaign system
- Possible fix for that flickering AI medic bug
- Small improvement to building/navmesh complications
- Fixed being eaten by spiders not updating appearance of dead bodies (sucking them dry)
- Bodies don't disappear so fast when being eaten by spiders
- Squad panel drop target hidden to make reordering squads easier
- Fix for AI trying to heal animals with large navmesh footprint
- Fixed excessive numbers of free wanderers joining your base (hopefully, it should be super rare, let me know if not)
- Stopped hive traders visiting too frequently
- Other fixes related to AI campaign frequency
- Fixed physics attachments being duplicated
- Fixed a bed usage bug
- Fixed the hive traders not leaving, and getting hostile
- Fixed the faction arrival message spam
- Stopped characters going to bed for rest if they are carrying someone
- Stopped wandering traders going to no-go zones (eg hiver caravan in holy nation)
- Mounted turrets and lights repositioned when parent building is upgraded
- Splinting now splints over blunt damage as well
- Splinting can also apply to non-limbs, to help counter work quality penalties when crafting etc.
- Fixed 'Put in bed' missing fron right click menu
- Biome title text does not appear when in town, so it doesn't keep triggering if you build on a biome border
- Orders, Crafting, Research and Squad lists maintain scroll offset when modified
- Character names can now contain wordswaps
- You now get back slightly more materials when you dismantle buildings, and the number has been added to the FCS global settings
- Fixed a situation where slavers or police could re-arrest you after releasing you from prison because they remember you're a criminal
- Fixed a bug in the campaign target selector that might have been bypassing the distance limits
- If a non-aggressive AI campaign (like the tax man) is defeated on the way to your base and you weren't involved then it won't trigger an aggressive response
- Added some race-specific foods. Hivers can eat raw and foul meat.
- Police no longer set imprisoned slaves free if they don't have a bounty
- Fixed up the slave shipment chain- slaver caravans gather up slaves and deliver to work camps. "Freelance" hunters deliver them to the nearest slave shop.
- Tweaked some of the fertility altitudes for some biomes like Vain
- Reduced range of UC tax man
- Added missing inventory icon for martial artist bindings
- Fixed some damaged gamedata that caused a bunch of tiny bugs
- Fixed water depth bug for characters in ragdoll mode
- Fixed some prisoners not spawning in cages
- Fixed characters being invisible when spawned sitting
- Fixed direct orders to use beds
- Some of the katana attacks now have reduced max-hits per attack, meaning they are less effective against groups. (Mainly the downward combo, but I also increased the power a little, this makes katanas more of a duelists weapon.)
- Fixed bug where conversations cut out after an interjection
- Hive traders will sometimes visit your base
- Doubled cost of animals
- Shek slaves get their horns cut off
- Lowered the price mark-up on illegal goods in the SW empire towns, the idea is that you only get the huge markups when you travel far east to the new empire regions
- Fixed navmesh not always updating when building walls
- GUI updated if window size changes
- AI options load/save fix
- Fixed the stupidly big move marker
- Fixed the broken hydroponic farms from last update
- Fixed occasional non-aggressive robot spiders
- Fixed creating too many face morphs
- Fixed animal inventory window for different sized inventories
- Fixed interior edit mode floor visibility
- Disabled deleting parent building in interior edit mode
- Iron spiders have more iron plates and electrical components, to make them worth harvesting
- Tweaked farm fertility calculations
- Fixed missing face options in character editor
- Fixed some logic bugs in the dialog system
- Fixed battery drain amount
- Fixed stealing stuff without holding alt
- Fixed wall previews being red when valid
- Fixed outsideFurniture property when confirming multiple buildings at once
- Fixed indoor particles (again)
- Building sound emitters can stop if nobody is working
- Fixed crash loading translation with missing original line variant
- Fixed translation line disappearing if translated to empty
- Changed translation ORIGINAL_MODIFIED state colour to orange (easier to see)
- Added AI control options panel
- NPCs now have random faces
- Fixed floor number of dropped items
- Fixed mouse traces for items on upper floors
- Fixed visibility for items with no collision (Fancy Rug)
- Added some missing components for the Robotics Storage
- Improved the auto-sleeping AI bugs, not sure if it's perfect yet. Planning to add an AI control panel later on to enable/disable things
- Added missing combat skill effect to backpack tooltips
- Fixed inquisitors randomly attacking you when innocent
- Fixed a shadow artifact
- Halved the "water avoidance" factor in the pathfinding for player characters, let's see how it works out.
- Fixed unlock shackles action not working
- Kidnapping failure should now result in the victim getting up and attacking you properly
- Fixed a bug that could cause a possible persistent slowdown after a raid
- Fixed a possible crash if a player-given order is impossible in the first frame
- Fixed unbuilt lights contributing to light level
- Fixed empty faction list when importing
- Fixed a turret-related crash
- stopped potential infinite sound loop when loading a game mid-loop
- Sped up some production buildings
- Added automatic fabric looms tech to lvl 4
- Removed bread from Food Store
- If you upgrade a building that produces its own construction material (eg farms, iron refinery) then it will absorb its own inventory contents towards the upgrade cost
- Fixed a dialogue bug that skipped relations and money checks
- Fixed a duplication bug in the grass system
- Fixed a rare NPC population duplication bug
- Possible fix for a turret upgrade related crash
- Characters automatically go to bed if they are wounded and have nothing else to do
- Characters automatically ditch any spare resource items in containers if they have nothing else to do or are stuck with their current job, this should free up some of the jams
- Player characters no longer automatically heal or help allies from other factions
- Fixed some items not spawning in nests
- Fixed some loot items not spawning in nests
- Jobs mode now saves and loads properly
- You no longer get XP for stealing from prisoners
- Turret/light attachment nodes more visible
- Reduced max sloping value of all buildings
- The game now only autosaves once if you leave the game paused for ages
- Fixed AI tolerance for accessing a turret built with the wrong floor ID
- Fixed characters incorrectly falling over on load due to injury
- Fixed a possible startup crash
- Fixed null pointer crash with faction discovery
- Fixed some characters appearing on the floors above
- Hotfix! .3 had a crash
- Added 2 new cannibal raid types
- Animal backpacks now have way more space, making them useful for setting up bases
- Beak things now have meat
- Made cannibals slightly weaker again, added more Beakthings to the Cannibal Plains
- Reduced the penalty for tresspassing
- Crime "Assault" doesn't override other crimes any more, so its easier to see what you did
- [Jobs] button also no longer skips follow and bodyguard jobs
- EDITOR: Fixed crash opening translations
- Unbuilt (ie still passable) walls no longer make characters bounce over the top, and can be clicked through to select characters etc
- Fixed map items pointing to the wrong towns after import
- Fixed crash on dismantling buildings
- Fixed building audio "cavernous" setting not working right
- Fixed cannibals not properly capturing people if they were drawn out of their home town
- Fixed "He's in the water" bug when loading a game with ragdolled characters
- Fixed deadcat bar having no inventory
- Fixed the Empire taxman assault triggering when it wasn't supposed to
- Flipped the default setting for "Invert mouse Y", because people start the game without checking through the options first and then freak out because the camera is the wrong way around
- Fixed map item inventory sounds
- Fixed the Automated Ore Mines research unlocking all 3 levels at once
- Construction shops now have blueprints for most of the decorative furniture like tables and carpets
- You can now build a lot closer to ruins
- Placing buildings now has an adjustable slope-matching setting, so you can make more upright buildings
- The disable jobs button now doesn't disable medical type jobs
- Fixed a bug that was preventing victims from screaming when they were being eaten alive.
- Fixed furniture sometimes not being buildable above floor 0
- Fixed some talking animals
- Possible fix for escaping fog men tagging you as a criminal
- Fixed the "show markers" option not being saved properly
- Made the new hideous green markers a little more subtle. Our artist is on holiday, he will fix them up nice when he gets back.
- Added character mouse movement and camera rotation markers (designed to help beginners, disable them in the options if you don't need them)
- Halved the athletics penalty of samurai armour
- The bread oven is now automated, but cooks at half the speed
- AI must get up before applying first aid
- Fixed arm ragdoll with damage from blocked punches
- Paried punch sound no longer metalic with sparks
- Added loading progress bar
- Fixed a potential rare AI bug with certain gates built on slopes
- Huge terrain system optimisation, frame rate should be better when looking at the horizon now, and also more detailed. Unfortunately won't do much good for those with slow systems who already have the view distance and terrain detail way down.
- Secondary lod threshold for distant terrain
- Initial loading state continues until everything is loaded
- Changed slow startup load sequence to happen behind splashscreen logos
- Some general small optimisations to the code
- Replaced "chase" button with a "jobs" enable button, so you can stop your characters trying to run back to base to do their jobs when they are away from home
- Dropping an character who isn't an ally now knocks them out, to help with capturing slippery bounties
- Characters now prioritise eating higher-grade food first
- Mouse traces ignore collision of destroyed building walls
- Added some of the system messages to the dialogue log window
- Added borderless option to ingame options
- Shop signs no longer clickable, causing characters to pathfind upstairs instead of to the ground floor
- Fixed crosbow strings flickering
- Fixed the non-aggressive armory spiders
- Fixed some missing cannibal village squads, and possible cannibal raids not activating
- Fixed a crash when loading games in the GOG release
- Fixed random flat foliage
- Rewritten interior building placement building collision checks
- Fixed corpse flies sometimes not appearing
- Fixed the random missing apostrophes
- Fixed placing buildings on top of foliage rocks with collision
- Fixed material when dismantling non instanced buildings
- Fixed buildings with offsets in build icons
- lights no longer consume power during the day
- made cannibals slightly stronger
- Reduced instances of town guards overzealously attacking you for tresspassing in private buildings
- Fixed town radius not expanding correctly (causes all sorts of weird problems)
- Fixed selling and buyback prices for stolen items
- You can now use medkits from your backpack
- Fixed item group placement orientations
- Right click menu on doors is only instant when locked
- Fixed duplicated node removal
- Fixed reversed animations not starting (specifically put down character)
- Fixed some patrols never starting
- Added 'I dont have a splint kit' character message
- Fixed characters colliding with who they are carrying (caused jitter on pickup)
- Added level editor save warning when player towns exist
- Fixed duplicated town nests when loading
- Fixed nests being diferent when loaded from ingame menu
- Fixed occupied nest cages being duplicated when loaded
- Fixed speed groups not being created for characters loaded in group speed mode
- Fixed harpoons being drawn before thier material is set up
- Added loading progress bar
- Fixed paying for beds again when loading
- Fullscreen mode re-enabled
- Fixed a bug that could potentially make a savegame crash on load
- Fixed bounty clearing immediately when you get put in jail, resulting in no GUI info
- Fixed Shek guards attacking you on sight because they remember something bad you did ages ago
- Turret accuracies tweaked to require more skill
- Turret max reload speed now more skill dependent because it no longer uses "accuracy perfect skill" to adjust
- Added missing acid protection to all the Plate Jackets
- Samurai body armour chest coverage changed from 90->100%
- Fixed random crash on loading mid-game
- Fix for anyone with fullscreen mode set in their cfg getting broken screen resolution
- gorillos are a bit stronger
- Fixed a case where animals could freeze in combat against someone in defensive mode
- Fixed the inability to path inside the metal warehouse building
- Temporarily disabled true fullscreen mode 'cus it's broken and I don't want new players getting confused
- Borderless window option added to the launcher. True fullscreen mode re-enabled.
- Fixed monitor selection sometimes not working
- Sped up the speed of sawing through shackles (and fixed a crash)
- River raptors in Okrans Pride mainly only spawn from nests now
- Fixed the goat ragdoll
- Removed a debug cheat game-start that was left in by accident
- Fixed the acidentally recruitable ninjas everywhere. If you got any then you should free them back into the wild.
- Fixed the Y-house roof
- NPCs should now react properly when you free them from a prison
- Fixed the missing Megaraptor
- Fixed prisoners being immediately freed by law enforcers
- Added Shek guards to collect bounties from
- Can loot backpacks on the ground
- Acid damage changed to stun damage to prevent constant AI healing attempts
- Can only put empty backpacks inside other backpacks
- Fixed un-enterable armory in Mongrel
- Fixed placing characters in unbuilt beds and cages
- Fixed Task_UnlockDoor doing nothing for cages
- Fixed characters building nearby stuff without geting out of bed
- Fixed infinite nest population bug
- Player characters only get food from player owned containers
- Fixed dropped items appearing on the floor above in buildings with low ceilings
- "Imposter!" incidents should be a little less sensitive now
- Occupied cages in nests are saved
- Fixed incorrect build cost on cactus farms
- Implemented sound when dropping items
- Fixed nest random seed
- Fixed town nests not spawning
- Fixed bug replacing locked prisoner shackles with other footwear
- Fixed crash when using MEDIC button
- Fixed unequippable backpacks
- Stopped the "Help! I'm stuck" message (was supposed to be debug only, and animals were saying it)
- Sandstorms now affect attack stats, especially turret skills
- Gave a boost to the light value when calculating the stat penalty for working in darkness
- Fixed acid rain not affecting characters
- Fixed races with different max health (hivers) suffering injury penalties to stealth
- Fixed holy mine slaves attacking you when you fight their masters
- AI doesn't try to flee if it is trapped within a locked building or closed walls. They will resort to fighting instead, which will be good news if you are one of those weirdos that make slave battle arenas.
- Fixed possible gui threading crash with picking up items with alt held
- Fixed player town radius calculation (caused some AI bugs)
- Big animals don't go indoors
- Audio tweaks
- Fixed importing .po files from google translator toolkit to the construction set
- Remove town marker when all buildings dismantled
- Fixed reset tutorials crash
- Fixed crash in stolen goods tutorial
- More stability fixes
- Fixed faction relations not getting positive effects when joining eg Shinobi Thieves
- Fixed initial light state for lights on roofs
- Possible workaround for failing to detect video resolutions
- A few minor stability fixes
- Few fixes for nests like not re-loading buildings.
- Added option to delete savegames
- characters now fetch food when in owned buildings in other towns
- Fixed a bug with the trading range
- Fixed GUI display of the dodge skill calculations
- Added some missing AI cores to certain labs
- Fixed Ashlander Stormgoggles for the female mesh
- Fixed a thievery exploit that involved using a second character hidden far away out of sight
- Fixed crash moving characters between squads in grouped movement mode
- Fixed Tagelmust price being absurdly high
- A fix for upgrading farms
- Fixed importing games with purchased buildings
- Stopped town patroling squads from trespassing
- Added logging to detect incomplete gamedata from mod conflicts
- Corpse furnace job ignores targets that cannot be carried
- Fixed crash when calculating research time with broken gamedata
- Fixed crash when NPCs try to use player beds
- Player town now gets classified based on it's size and significance, which is reflected by the towns map icon and will later affect AI actions
- Slightly improved the weapons and armour for sale in Mongrel, added 2 new recruits there
- Created the foundation systems of world state queries, which will be explained later in a blog post
- Fixed a crash in one of the southern waystations
- Fixed weird case of buildings at outposts/ruins being assigned to nests and not populating the interiors
- Though I couldn't confirm it, I had reports of Stealth skill acting weak when it goes above 100, so I clamped the internal calculations to 100 just to be sure
- Fixed the AI bar squads again
- Stopped acid burning your feet when indoors
- Stopped the empty context menus from popping up
- Fixed shop window showing when looting a character thats getting up
- Fixed Hub bar not reacting to thievery
- Fixed failed right-click looting when stealing equipped items
- Forced context menu on clicking cages and doors
- Hats automatically hidden in character editor face/hair tabs
- Fixed visual bug when multiple animals were trying to eat the same target
- Fixed cannibals never eating their captives, now they will eat one periodically, even if the cages aren't all full
- Fixed some missing squads + interiors in cannibal villages
- New map town icons
- Added SFX for picking up and dropping things
- Fixed the weird spark particle effect in combat
- Fixed apostrophes in text randomly appearing as big spaces
- Fixed right click combat sometimes not working
- Fixed crash creating navmesh for unloaded zone
- Fixed crash when dismantling
- Fixed dialogue system "give item" function
- Fixed characters not moving if loaded in group movement mode
- Fixed speedOverride causing npcs to run everywhere
- Overhauled the buy-back function when trading, fixes a few bugs
- Character appearance randomised on new game
- Enabled walking on top of furniture
- Improvements to the tutorials
0.95.24 (again, un-numbered) Edit
- I accidentally included a test quicksave in the last patch which overwites the "quicksave" slot, this removes it to prevent any further save losses
- Hotfix for farm harvesting failing constantly
- Fixed calculations for harvest success chance
- added missing veg farns M and S
- Hotfix for the bugged character editor popup window that was preventing new games
- Farms now divided up into different sizes, so there is now more need to re-invest your crops to upgrade farm sizes before you can reap full outputs, starting a farm is harder
- Small tweaks to farming balance, Greenfruit now more productive, hydroponic farms balanced.
- Added a downgrade button to buildings, so now you can bail-out if you change your mind because you don't have enough materials
- Added smooth filtering to the RTW shadows
- Characters don't eat your greenfruit unless they are starving (<60)
- Fixed a few subtle import related bugs, including unrecognised research benches
- Fixed rare case of characters sometimes getting frozen and unresponsive in a combat pose
- Tweak for animal portraits
- Character editor opens when buying animals (to change names)
- Fixed crash dismantling buildings indoors
- Fixed indoors state flag on items dropped by dismantling stuff
- Added a limit to certain attack types hitting multiple targets. Spiders and raptors can now only hit a single target at a time. Dogs and goats can hit 1 or 2 depending on the attack. This is moddable for everything.
- Increased light level for calculating stat penalty when working in darkness
- Farming research costs changed (2 crops & 2 books)
- Characters now share backpack food even when at their home base
- Farm plant condition no longer degenerates after the farm has fully grown
- Fixed some little problems with movement orders on walls and gates
- Fixed a rare bug where player furniture could vanish from a savegame. If this happened to you, press Ctrl+shift+F11 and you should get them back.
- Fixed a door/gate opening AI bug introduced in the last update
- Fixed crash when deleting/upgrading buildings
- Fixed inability to interact with ore resources
- Some small fixes for mouse selection of objects
- Fixed sleeping NPCs shouting "stop theif" but staying in bed and going back to sleep
- Building exteriors are now hidden individually, instead of per zone
- Corpse flies added
- Optimisation for the foliage system
- Skeletons no longer get a healing bonus from being in a bed
- Fixed a bug causing the healing rate to be crazy high when in bed
- You can no longer steal from allied factions
- A few long-range pathfinding fixes
- Fixed a few exploits for thievery and stealth XP
- Added PC-camera maximum distance for selection box
- Fixed exploit dismantling un-built buildings giving free materials
- Fixed trading inventory closing when changing character
- Added acid burn particle effect, fixed bodyDecayTimer
- Repeat crafting option saved
- Character movement speed option saved
- Improved rain particle delay when camera is moved
- Stopped turret and light nodes being deleted when buying a building
- Fixed flickering bug when eating corpses
- more stability fixes and small performance improvement
- Fixed global fog blending between biomes
- Reset global weather values (clouds, wetness, dust) when jumping long distances
- couple of stability fixes
- Fixed a major crash
- Actually added some money items to loot to some of the shops and buildings
- Added an info panel in the FACTIONS screen that shows any contracts with NPCs you have, like for mercenary bodyguards
- Added repeat option to the crafting queue
- Added sleeping bags. You need to buy some of these, they can be used to create camp beds and are re-usable.
- Camp beds now have half the healing rate bonus of normal beds. Healing rate now displayed in the GUI
- Wandering squads should now go shopping and relax at the bar for a while when they arrive in a new town, they also prefer to wait until morning to head out again.
- Number of materials returned when dismantling something now clamped to at least 1, so camp beds are now re-usable
- Added a move speed option to match the speed of your slowest character
- Characters now suffer a skill penalty when working in the darkness, now you actually need lights in your base
- Stolen items can now stack if they are stolen from the same source
- Sometimes abandoned buildings and ruins can have locked doors
- Added tooltip in new game advanced options window and options windows, to explain some of the settings.
- Added a physical item for money
- Fixed a bug where your buildings could get tagged with the wrong town, causing the AI to refuse to work/eat/use things
- Fixed some situations where towns clash, eg if a player builds a huge town, or builds too close to other towns/nests and building ownership can come into conflict
- Fixed map stacking
- Fixed repeated knock-out animation loops when attempting to stealth-KO someone
- Fixed building swaps for buildings in other faction's town.
- Fixed crash dismantling building with mounted buildings. Also added some behavior.
- Fixed dialogue log missing lines sometimes
- Fixed an exploit where you could learn blueprints without buying them
- Added a storage box for robotics parts
- Fixed a crash in the construction set when opening dialogue objects
- Doubled the "use" range of lights, in the hope it helps with lights sometimes being too far for engineers to reach
- Tweaked food-finder AI to use closest food container
- Removed the "no terrain cutting" from the options. It was a debug option from a long time ago, and no longer needed.
- Added lots of new books and writings to the world
- Bit more audio work, unarmed combat sounds added
- Added sound emitters to buildings, foliage and map features, also building interior ambient sound variants
- Garru now has attacks
NOTE: footsteps are temporarily inaudible in this version, will be fixed next update
- Fixed certain nests not spawning residents
- Fixed criminals getting released from cages early
- Probable fix for NPCs vanishing some time after being captured
- Fixed a bug that stopped some of the biome entry conversations from triggering
- Fixed carried dead characters being left behind when their old squad unloads
- Fixed path following case causing character to stick on walls
- Thief fences won't freak out if you try to sell them drugs
- Rounded health display text a bit so it wont stop at 99
- Fixed build menu icon crash
- Fixed the stealth mode marker arrows not disappearing
- Martial arts damage amount reduced, so that it doesn't skyrocket so early (It was getting powerful too quickly). Also sliiightly higher damage at low levels.
- You can no longer bail out & recruit prisoners that hate you, or ones that are super strong.
- Scorchlander strength changed to 0.9x, accounting for their slightly smaller build
- Added more information to the farm placement tooltip to reduce confusion
- Fixed the stupid crash on saving/loading
- Fixed up the fogmen AI, some weren't bringing victims back to the nests, and they weren't always doing the worship thing
- Increased the amount of fog men, there's also a rare fog man swarm
- Animals can now bash down your gates, no more raptors hanging around outside
- Fixed the missing "tied to a pole" animation
- Fixed an important missing dialog option for the construction trader
- Fixed the rain not affecting farm water amount
- Reduced the "too close to town" build limit
- Fixed a bug with the AI sometimes not acknowledging mines as a resource source
- Fix for doors being un-clickable if you jump back and forth between zones
- A fix for NPCs being unable to hurt you when you are disguised as an ally
- Fixed duplicated clothing appearing on hive characters
- Emissive disabled when there's no power to the light
- Added the missing bar to Last Stand
- Stopped battery charge changing when paused
- Fixed a bug when loading a carried character and they drop in a random world position
- Stopped random doors appearing when unloading
- Farm fertility display popup fixed for fertility effect multiplier
- A few crash fixes
- Automatically fills out duplicated translation lines (eg if there are 30 different lines that say "ok" then you only need to translate it once instead of 30 times)
- Added translation stats to the construction set
- added back the dialog export function for translations to use poedit
- Fixed custom column sorting for filenames
- Characters can no longer attack with their broken arms, they have to resort to kicks or whatever they can do
- Likewise if your sword arm is broken you can't block, so you'll have to resort to dodging
- Defensive combat mode now applies the +20 bonus to dodging if you are unarmed
- Tweaked weapon animation selection, mainly to fix the mismatching polearms stance, but also to add variety for specific weapons to use unique stances
- Reduced xp rate for toughness
- Small bugfix for difficulty of clicking on characters while paused
- a certain fix for AI/pathfinding with walls
- Fixed a problem with npcs sometimes teleporting back on screen after walking off
- Fixed the clouds
- Fixed a certain import crash
- The construction set now has a "translation mode" for using to translate the dialogue
- Dismantling buildings now gives back some of the materials
- Characters now feel the weather.
- Duststorms strongly affect visibility and hearing range, and prevent tracking by smell
- Rain affects visibility and hearing range a small amount
- Certain clothing can protect you from the elements. Goggles are good in dust storms.
Some fine-tuning for stealthy raids:
- NPC hear range is halved when you are indoors and they are not (or vise-versa). Range is halved again if the door is closed
- alarm range is halved, and gets halved again if you are indoors, and then halved again if the buildings door is closed
- stealth knockouts take into account your visibility more, and you can't knockout someone if they are in combat unless they are totally unaware of you
- Tweaked the follow AI for escaping slaves/prisoners so if you make a run for it they will keep up rather than stay behind trying to fight everyone
- guards standing outside of a building will no longer keep the door open
- Fixed a bug with some slaves not reacting when you free them
- shopkeepers won't talk to you if you are an enemy
- Armour can now have skill bonuses for unarmed, dodge, and fist damage.
- Backpacks now negatively impact dodging
- Added more slaves to the slave towns
- Low-level slaves are a bit more likely to join you, others like captured bandits now a little less likely.
- Encumbrance and other penalties have a slightly lower effect on move speed
- Fixed the trade window when you talk to a sleeping trader
- Fixed non-player faction relations all being 0 on import
- Added narcotics production to the tech tree
- Fixed the incorrect damage resistence number in the damage floating text when in simple mode
- Fixed stealth arrow markers not turning off
- Stopped player from re-claiming bounties by releasing prisoners
- Fixed bonus attack/defence stats display in the main GUI
- Fixed a few crashes
- Added some feedback arrows to stealth mode
- Added options setting for displaying the floating damage numbers
- Increased amount of food sold in bars
- Fixed a particular AI hauling bug
- Added dodging to the combat system. You dodge when unarmed, and it can also be used to break out of stun-lock states
- Characters now have rear-direction block animations
- Tweaked the camera limit so you can look upwards a little more
- A messagebox now tells you what item caused you to get arrested for smuggling
- Made block animation blending look a little nicer
- Added sound effect for barefoot characters
- Added the plastic surgeon to empire towns
- Added a few more combat stance animations for different weapons
- Fixed bounties getting deducted instead of awarded
- Fixed a bug with populating towns (mongrel was a victim)
- Fixed AI cores not getting spawned (needs import)
- Fixed NPCs coming into your base to work at your farms
- Fix for charater direction jittering when moving very slowly
- Fixed some visual bugs in the wetness system
- Fixed crash upgrading turrets in while use
- More tweaks for crowded combat movement
- Fixed the bar squads duplicating when loading a game or returning to an area
- Added a block for "thrust" direction, so you can now block unarmed and animal attacks
- Tweaked the formula for character muscle visibility. Its no longer affected by strength (which now only affects bulk) or toughness. The idea is to make characters end up looking a bit different to each other based on their skills (as opposed to everyone just ending up big and muscular)
- the new formula is: max(dexterity, martialArts) * 3.f + (athletics + swimming) - (cooking + science);
- Fixed a bug that was messing up the combat movement and making everybody bunch up too close
- Fixed block animations not playing. How did nobody notice that?
- Fixed some flickery animations and some animation bugs
- Fixed the fog islands zone
- Fixed some problems with importing
- Fixed random black inventory icons
- Fixed characters in character editor showing on top of each other at start.
- Fixed a few crashes
- Fixed the duplicated NPCs
- Unlocked more of the map with a new major faction.
- Characters don't randomly get wet when created
- Small fixes for stuff like light emissive materials, a road-following bug, weird grass shinyness during rain
- hotfix for the crash when arriving in certain areas
- Possible fix for the performance slowdown some people have reported since v94.3
- slaves are now valued by skills
- Fixed turrets to save how many harpoons they have loaded
- Fixed interior not shown when inside a building and paused
- Some small AI tweaks, including a max range to AI weapon looting
- Fix for invisible harpoons
- A crashfix related to firing turrets
- Temporary fix for a random crash in the terrain engine
- Broken turrets fix (couldn't reload)
- Some memory optimisations
- Other small things
- Hotfix for the crashing, sorry i didn't notice sooner
- Fixed vanishing furniture on import game
- Fixed the main GUI displaying the wrong values for attack and defence skills
- Removed a few things from the Stenn Desert to speed up performance
- Fixed bar characters not spawning
- Fixed some destroyed buildings not appearing in towns
- Fixed randomly black buildings
- Fixed a few crashes and visual bugs
Note: The new map area isn't 100% finished, wait a few more updates if you want to explore it at it's best. As a result I've made a last minute descision to not release the very bottom part of the map until next update.
- Active map area has (almost) doubled! New content and factions!
- You should notice a general performance improvement. The towns are still the slowest spots to be in, but they should have improved, especially the Holy Nation cities.
- Smuggling is now a career option. Buy narcotics or illegal goods and sell them wherever they are illegal to make huge profits. (You'll have to find where to buy/sell them yourself)
- It now gets wet when it rains. But, get this, it stays dry indoors.
SPECIAL SUPRISE FEATURE
- Unarmed combat added. It's designed to be a lot more challenging than learning a weapon. Probably will need further balancing, hasn't been fully tested in long-term gameplay.
- Overhaul of the the animation blending system, combat animations should blend more smoothly now
- Fixed up the combat movement/flocking system
- Also fixed most of the jittering in the movement system (not perfect yet)
- Fixed the holy nation bounty collection
- Fixed a common situation where NPCs wouldn't help defend their teammates if they weren't looking
- Slightly reduced the cut damage of the Falling Sun
- Combat XP rate is now also multiplied if you change the global combat damage option
- Fixed weapon smith critical successes not working
- Fixed inaccurate gui info in the weapon smith
- Armour smithing capped at "specialist" grade (unless you get a critical success)
- Added missing armoured rags to the crafting bench
- Fixed "get out of my house" dialog events when you were in a cage
- Fixed "intruder" events when you just get released from prison, also added a notification
- The AI now knows when it is in a chase, and should give up properly when they lose sight of you
- Removed the empty weapon smithing techs, they were left in by mistake, it's supposed to cap at mkIII
- Fixed the incorrect rum recipie
- Fixed closed doors being passable by animals
- Police shouldn't lock you up in private buildings anymore, so you don't get arrested again for tresspassing when you are released
- Food ingredients are now shown in the item tooltip and crafting window
- Some small fixes for characters getting stuck in certain situations
- Fixed the gate guard dialogs triggering repeatedly
- Fixed the buggy Flotsam guard approach dialogs
- Stopped civil wars breaking out in Bad Teeth all the time
- Weapon prices doubled to match up with the armour prices
- Fixed missing edgewalkers description
- Added more treasure 'n stuff
- Using equipment/ dummies in npc owned buildings is now illegal. You need to join the thieves guild if you want to use training equipment.
- Some small tweaks to Scorchlanders
- Added low-tiers to higher level weapon benches, just so its less confusing when you don't have any high level options available to craft there
- Fixed a bug with food getting super high nutrition levels, and then characters wouldn't eat it because it was too good and they would rather starve to death.
- Fixed flotsam safehouse
- tiny additional map content update. Added some simple tips to the mechanical shop keepers dialog.
- Performance boost! I measured an average 5-10 fps increase. This is not the main Ogre 2.0 performance update, that comes later.
- Tons of new weapons! The number has doubled. More interesting blunt and hacking weapons, polearms added, blunt skill unlocked, old ones overhauled visually. Rare and unusual weapons to find.
- Weapon types have more characteristics and stats have been rebalanced. Weapons can have advantages or penalies when used indoors, and bonus damage against certain opponents or animals.
- Characters will automatically switch to their side-arm weapon when indoors, if it has less of an indoors penalty than their main weapon.
- Crafted weapon quality is limited by character skill
- Crafted armour quality is entirely dictated by character skill (no need for further research)
- Crafting has a critical success chance, if character is skillful there is a chance the final item will be one grade higher.
- material costs and craft time vary by weapon type
- Crafted gear is now "imprinted" with the name of the smith
- Scattered appropriate weapon blueprints around the world
- Labouring skill XP rate increased 50%
- Inventory interface subtly tuned to be a little nicer to use
Over the last few years the economy of Kenshi has seen some inflation so I've re-balanced it a little
- Recruits cost a lot more to hire, it's not so easy to rapidly get a bigger squad early on.
- Cost of books is doubled
- Bounty amounts for crimes are roughly doubled
- You can no longer sell armour that is part of another factions uniform
- Cooking food speed is x3, but ingredient cost is x8. Now the focus is less on waiting around for cooking, and more on running farms and protecting your crops until harvest time.
- Properly added the research and crafting for the 3 main alcoholic drinks. These are the new cash crop as food was made less profitable in the last update.
- Chainmail is 50% heavier
AI ANNOYANCE FIXES
- Tracked down the bug where your character would keep stopping when you are trying to run away from attackers
- Stopped chars going crazy constantly cursing and chasin' off varmints and ignoring your orders
- Stopped chars going off to get food in the middle of a fight
- turrets no longer aim too high for small or young animals
- some rare cases led to characters running away instead of fighting
- Fixed a crash on save when you had a bounty with a minor faction
- This is the result of some extensive testing, to further balance the hunger system in the way originally intended
- hunger time is doubled again. It takes almost twice as long to get hungry.
- food nutritional quality is halved, but also food cost is halved too. Remember the yellow and red states are supposed to be starvation, your ribs are showing, you shouldn't be able to fully recover from malnutrition with just 1 meal.
- So, technically speaking, those 2 above result in the same amount of eating and costs, its just stretched over a slower timeframe now.
- Food is no longer a trade good, so you only get 50% of its value when you sell it. Bread won't make you rich anymore. This will double-up as a plot point with the Trader's Guild later on. The cash crop will be drugs and alcohol.
- Added a simple thieves/assassins guild
- You can now stealth-knockout sleeping NPCs
- Bounties are now assigned by factions. Committing a crime in the Holy Nation won't make you a criminal in the Empire or Shek Kingdom.
- Tuned the "spawn" distributions. Should reduce the situations where you defeated a bandit or animal squad and then more and more kept coming to fill the population vacuum.
- Also implemented a mild co-existence system, so small time villages don't get instantly wiped out by their dangerous evironment eg the BeakThing-Hiver wars
- When your character gets sucked dry by a vampiric creature and dies, it leaves behind all his gear and clothes, just sitting there empty where once was your beloved character.
- You can no longer sell a fence back their own items that you stole from them
- Athletics XP rate reduced by 25%
MORE THIEVERY REBALANCE:
- Stealth sound overhaul. When sneaking, targets will sometimes hear you. The chance depends on distance and skill. A zero-skill character will be lucky if he can sneak around a shop without being detected. This gives more XP to compensate.
- Stealing chances rebalanced
- Town guards will investigate buildings that have their doors left open at night. They can recognise intruders.
- You can no longer steal from your hired bodyguards if they get knocked out, they will now see it as a betrayal. IF they see it happen, that is.
- Dogs shouldn't go to sleep right next to your body after knocking you out anymore
- Fixed hired bodyguards not healing your guys
- Fixed an AI bug with crafting bench hauling
- The last update nerfed the stolen goods sell values too strongly (15%), they've been increased to 50%. I wanted to fix this before the weekend, because it ruined thievery.
- Fixed characters not getting up off the ground
- Kidnapping is now a crime, you can't just pick up sleeping shopkeepers and run off with them. Well, you can, but now there are consequences.
- Fixed some AI bugs where NPCs don't go to bed. Stopped bar guards taking paying customers out of bed and dumping them outside.
- blueprints and maps no nonger count as trade goods and so their re-sale value has the loot penalty
- all stolen items also count as "loot", so you can no longer sell stolen goods for full price
- fences now buy stuff at 50% instead of 25%, to make up for the loot penalty a bit
- you shouldn't get attacked at shop closing time anymore
- Fixed infinite lockpicking sound again
- put a minimum cap on bar patrons, so there's less chance of getting empty bars
- shouldn't be able to put animals in cages any more (because they don't fit)
- Some smaller AI and crash fixes
- Fixed another random crash that was introduced in the last update that addressed a random crash introduced in the update previous to that one
- Stealth knock-outs now have a skill-based success chance. Tougher NPCs will be harder to knock out. Percentage chance is displayed.
- Fixed the robotics skill, healing was using medic skill instead
- Fixed hydroponic farms crop yield
- Armour king now has a slightly lighter weapon, so he's way more deadly.
- A few more maps added to the travel shops
- Fixed a display error in the weapon stats
- Fix for a frequent crash introduced in the last update
- Looting law changes. You don't get tagged as a looter until you actually take an item from someone, and it doesn't count as a crime if the item was stolen from you to begin with, or if the victim is a bandit, criminal or slave.
- NPCs can also now get tagged as looters, same laws apply.
- Fixed possible issue with mod's data folders
- There was a mistake with the foldername instructions in /mods/readme.txt, it's now been corrected.
- Audio volumes have been re-balanced, footstep sounds don't dominate everything anymore.
- Fixed another talking animals bug
- Theoretical fix for hitting KO characters in combat
- Disabled dust bandit raid campaigns temporarily, until i have time to test and fix them up properly
- Fixed the AI bug where the shopkeeper would lock the door before telling you to leave, instead of after, and then consider you an intruder
- Fixed crash when picking up certain animals, and when sometimes using the furnace
- Added 2 Shek towns and a new zone in the SW of the active map area
- Stolen items can now stack if you put them in machines or storage boxes
- Heat haze effect
- a 2nd fix for talking animals because the bulls kept swearing when they joined you
- Solved the bug preventing walking on roofs
- Fixed more animal ragdolls
- Default Wanderer now starts with a loincloth so you're more like the other good-for-nothings. Trousers make you feel like you're better than everyone else.
- Fixed interior reloading when following a character upstairs
- Limit max attack slots to prevent crash
- Unclamped GUI scaling for higher resolutions.
- Stopped ground effect particles appearing indoors
- Few AI bugs and crashes
- Fixed patrolling characters stopping
- Fixed ragdoll characters always facing the same way on load
- If your prison sentence expires and nobody comes to release you, you can escape without being branded a criminal for escaping
- Fixed enemy recognition for the GUI (eg when to show red mouse cursor + context menu options)
- Fixed some of the animal ragdolls, added the missing gorillo
- Fixed attack range for some animals
- Increased physical strength bulk multiplier by 50%
- Moll now has dialogue
- A few more crash fixes
- Fixed Splint kits. They now work properly, and will save your life some day. Its now a separate job to medic.
- Added a gameplay difficulty option for hunger time, higher settings means it takes longer to get hungry
- You can now buy and repair ruined buildings that you find
- A few crash fixes
- Fixed being unable to pickup map items
- Fixed building construction progress and research sometimes not progressing
- included missing translation .pot files
- bed rental can have different costs
- Fixed beds getting stuck as occupied if you get out too fast
- adjusted character appearance calculation. Bulk (eg arm size) comes from strength or smithing skills. Muscle definition comes from a combination of strength, toughness, athletics, swimming, and dexterity, and is reduced by the cooking + science skills
- Fixed trader's inventory stack duplication bug
- Added loaded translations from mods
- Fixed another of the new AI hauling bugs and a crash
- Fixed the high-level rare artifacts not being created when you import a game
- Fixed some cases of internal town wars kicking off
- Fixed invisible characters when loading
- Translation fixes
- Translation enabled in release
- Other small AI fixes
- When you pass the starvation threshold you now pass out randomly and periodically, instead of forever. Gives you one last chance to find some food and survive.
- Reduced hunger recovery rate by half. Means you recover from starvation slower, but also means that a full belly lasts longer
- Fixed the newly introduced hauling AI bugs
- A few small audio bugs
- Fixed construction set translation exporter
- hotfix for debug lines showing on birds
- Fixed fertility value bug
- Non-swimming races don't ragdoll float in water
- Many many content additions, tweaks and small adjustments to things. Current map area content can now be considered mostly complete.
- Characters get wet
- Added a dialogue log window
- Ragdolls now float in water
- You can now pickup and carry animals
- Buildings now cast full shadow & reflections even if you are indoors
- Added the functionality to allow game translations
- Soft particles (no more harsh ground-intersection lines)
- resource storages are no longer infinite, they store between 25-100 items. This is an experiment, let me know if it causes problems
- When hauling, characters now only grab as many resource items as there is available storage space for
- Fixed vanishing slaves (they were all escaping when their masters got un-loaded)
- Stopped the talking animals
- Fix for some navmesh problems when building walls
- Fixed dropped backpacks lose their items on save.
- Modified Blister Hill to make room for the holy lord phoenix
- Mostly small bug fixes with the AI
- A bunch of map content additions and fixes
- If you are knocked out in an animal nest, its now possible to sneak away when you recover if the animals are all sleeping.
- Pickpocketing from sleeping targets was way too easy. Fixed now.
- NPCs and animals won't immediately go back to sleep after being woken up.
- Can no longer stealth knock-out animals
- reduced slave/shackle knockout time to almost nothing
- Farm harvesting times rebalanced and more reasonable
- AI cores were missing
- fixed characters randomly getting knocked out when they shouldn't be (probably)
- Cannibals more dangerous, added tribe chiefs
- greenfruit no longer so stackable
- fixed the "repeating talk to me" bug
- you no longer get thievery XP from anything with a 100% success chance (eg looting)
- Still finishing up the new content in the north of the map
- Fixed Rebirth town
- Fixed hydroponic farms
- Filled out town populations in certain new places
- New world map sector unlocked, active area is now double the size. Lots of content to discover. A little rushed, will contine to add final bits of content later.
- Added hydroponic indoor farming techs
- player characters should now attack anything eating their crops
- Stolen goods can be sold easier, shopkeepers can only detect if it was stolen from an ally faction. (before it was allies and neutrals)
- Rain now waters the farms and crops
- Updated some of the high-level research costs
- Fixed the huge bounty bug when unlocking shackles. If you have a character with an insanely huge bounty then sorry I ruined his future.
- Fixed huge knockout times when wearing shackles
- sped up some of the super slow farm harvest times
- stopped the unusually long-range cannibal raids
- Fixed all the weapons having the wrong price
- Holy nation characters freak out more when they see Skeletons
- regenerated some of the navmesh-> shorter load times and smaller save files
- Food store no longer drains power
- if you get hit while running away or wearing shackles there is a chance of you getting knocked down
- fixed some slave state and AI bugs
- Steam Workshop support added, new modding structure. All mod files need to be in kenshi/mods/modname/ instead of kenshi/data/. Other data files like textures should go in these folders too.
- Loads of new audio and new animal sounds
- Holy Nation Rebirth slave camp finished
- Added holy nation slave delivery caravan to take prisoners to rebirth
- Weather and birds systems improved
- Game speed >>> button now speeds the game up to 5x instead of 3x
- Fog islands were too foggy
- Big memory optimisation
- Lots of small technical fixes
- Fixed the/a random stopping AI bug when following roads
- Have done a bit of tweaking to the sensory system. You are now harder to see and hear when you are in a different building or on a different floor, this means for example that you could fight your way up a tower floor by floor without instantly triggering every enemy in the area.
- Spiders now eat you by sucking out your sweet sweet juices, instead of eating you from the legs up like everything else does. There aren't any spiders in the current map, I just wanted to mention it.
- Fixed moving characters sometimes going under the terrain when loading
- Fixed items sometimes being dropped if you move them too fast
- Fixed an issue with preview building altitude
- Added cheek fatness slider (for now only human female characters)
- Much crash fixes
- Quickfix for a possible freeze. Not sure if it was a freeze, but quickfix just in case.
- Hunger time is now 50% longer
- Fixed items missing from containerss in non-shop NPC buildings
- some fixes for building placement
- There was a bug a few versions back that damaged a setting on your interior buildings. Symptoms would be the AI having trouble reaching the object, getting confused, standing on the wrong floor... You can fix it now by rebuilding the navmesh with ctrl+shift+F11 when in your base.
- NOTE: For modders, there are now skinned character model templates available on the lo-fi forums
- Added an optional "no hunger" mod for those who don't like starving to death cold and alone.
- Dogs have a little more meat on them (3 instead of 1)
- Fixed a bug where a character could become un-hittable in combat if not tagged as enemy
- Bunch of fixes for the law enforcement AI dealing with prisoners and loot confiscation
- Fixed blank items icons
- Fixed issues with upgrading and dismantling walls
- Mainly crash fixes
- Fixed animal hair disappearing in character editor
- Fixed mouse tracing building through terrain
- Fixed harpoons material
- Fixed character visibility on upper floors
- AI fixes for taking wrong materials from machines
- AI fix for getting confused with food deliveries when hungry
- Crash fixes
- Emergency quickfix for a random crash
- Fixed a display bug in the stat XP progress bars in the stats window. It should now show progress correctly
- Fixed the Dust King bounty exploit
- Some memory optimisations
- a few crash fixes
- Fixed un-healable animals
- added new game start, and wandering trader starts with a pack animal
- a few more AI fixes
- turret gunners change to better targets more often
- lots of fixes to the general crafting/hauling AI
- Added turrets with spotlights
- Fixed assassination dummy training wrong skill
- Fixed random crash when buying buildings
- Fixed un-blockable animals
- Turret guards can now go and get food too
- Fixed AI pathfinder confusion with floors of objects
- Fixed AI taking all the food he can carry insteod of just one item
- characters in home base now automatically get food from storage when they need to eat
- characters outside of home base share food with squadmates if it's in their backpack
- Fixed combat missing attacks when on steep slopes
- Fixed unable to build wall ramps
- Fixed "auto-arrange" button sometimes losing items
- Fixed the cheap research costs bug
- building inventory is now imported when you import game
- More stumble fixes
- Fixed crash when starting with texture quality setting too low
- lots of small uninteresting fixes
- AI doesn't get confused when the output of a crafting bench changes, will now clear out all the old items and continue working
- Improvements to item collection/delivery AI
- Fixed the combat stumble-toughness threshold, stronger characters should get stunlocked less
- Fixed up the building & wall placement, its a lot nicer now
- Added a few small buildings, like ceiling fans and electric light posts
- Shift-click on an animal corpse will create an auto-loot job for gathering meat & leather
- Fixed right click movement in wall ramps
- Fixed GUI threading issues
- Fixed dropped item losing STOLEN tag
- Can now move building previews again after placing them
- Fixed stolen items behavior
- lots of smaller bugfixes
- Finished fixing up turrets. They're a bit more powerful at higher skill levels
- Building doors have 3x more hitpoints
- NPCs no longer lose their short-term memory when you load a game
- Characters now prefer to eat higher level food items, so they won't eat up all the raw ingredients if they have a proper meal. They also won't eat ingredients until they reach 200 hunger instead of 250.
- Characters now defend their farms from river raptors and other pests
- Fixed a bug with stealing chance calculation when stealing from containers
- You can now eat while using turrets
- Fixed the turrets missing neutral targets
- Game now runs on 2-core CPUs
- Hivers now react to crime
- NPCs react properly to failed knockouts
- Added hemp-based fabric loom
- You can now eat while using turrets
- Fixed character editor crash with ragdoll characters
- Other small tweaks and fixes
- I've put v0.90.10 as a separate branch on steam, as that was quite a stable version and there are some big bugs going on in the latest versions
- crash fixes
- Improved back-threaded resource loading, for slightly smoother load times
- Fixed a bug that was causing progressive framerate decay in the last 2 updates
- Fixed batteries thinking they were wind generators
0.90 New World Edit
- fixed the missing audio
- player town location is now adjusted when you destroy buildings
- town walls are now passable until they are 80% complete, also the material now reflects this better
- Fixed engineers not doing anything if they didn't have the materials already
- Stopped people freaking out so quickly when you enter their houses
- Fixed sometimes when you buy a house a resident remains and calls the guards
- Fixed a navigation bug with moving inside towns with walls
- Fixed assassination dummy upgrading to wrong thing, and the missing iron refinery III
- Restored the muscle/skinny effect on characters
- Fixed the inability to build campfires, and they are now free to build
- Fixed the skeletons texture
- Fixed the bug with wrong damage amounts showing when hit by animals
- Fixed a farm AI bug
- Fixed the hovering turrets bug
- That didn't fix it, so here's an experiment to see if it's now fixed
- It seems the last update added a random crash, 2 actually, and I fixed one of them but the other is more complicated to track down, lets see if this update has fixed it
- Fixed underground interiors selection
- Removed already learned research from the research list.
- Fixed bug with adding building materials to certain buildings
- Performance optimizations
- crash fixes
- fixed characters flickering on some systems
- Fixed some issues with mines
- Fixed fuel storage only storing 1 item
- Fixed crash when dismantling buildings
- Added crop yield values when placing farms (this should avoid placing farms that won't give crops)
- Fixed animals inventory weight.
- Fixed in crafting buildings: saving/loading of inputs and items, stacking outputs (when possible), crafting times
- Fixed the crazy long food crafting times
- weapons and backpacks are left behind if a character is eaten
- Fixed the furnace's blown fuses and now is working again.
- Fixed empty named squads disappearing from the squad window.
- Fixed crash when loading or going near Stack town.
- Fixed mining buildings loaded with zero resources.
- Fixed some of the major navmesh issues in border zone
- bunch 'o crash fixes
- another improvement to load-time framerate slowdowns
- hivers no longer get injury penalties at full health
- fixed hunger penalty for some skeleton NPCs
- added missing cooking stove
- night time is now less dark
- fixed camera refusing to descend
- hunger now drains slower when you are KO
- fixed the repeat bounty exploit
- fixed beak things & bulls unable to attack
- eating stacked food no longer depletes the whole stack
- fixed imported squads having an empty build list
- bread is crafted much faster
- fixed crash with research bench lvl IV
- fixed player characters not updating properly offscreen
- bunch 'o crash fixes, particularly with the research window
- Books are now a little more common, and can be found in the holy empire towns
- Fixed random buildings getting navmesh-blocked so nobody could get inside
- Added a mercenary squad to the Waystation bar to help the freedom seekers start
- Fixed dialogue crash after stealing stuff.
- Fixed getting cooked food item from campfire.
- Fixed research consuming the required amount of items.
- Meat is worth more nutrition and cooks way faster
- Can't reproduce the Paladins in Wildlife faction bug, so I think it was because of the missing mod file before. Will enforce save imports for this version and see if it still happens.
- Fixed animals unable to attack
- Fixed multiple characters showing all at once in the character editor
- food now properly consumed from backpack
fixing the long freezes and slowdowns properly. My previous solution probably was causing bugs, which will now be fixed. Performance should be smoother.
- Fixed the black stripes on the terrain some people were getting.
- random nest items no longer spawn under the floor in buildings
- Added missing Dialog.mod file. Tons of content was missing there, and caused some crashes
- Fixed crash when purchasing buildings
- There are some big long slowdowns and freezes in the game at random times when zones are unloaded. Optimized these in a gung-ho kinda way to get it out quick. Will go over it more carefully later.
- robot repair kits now available at construction traders. Not in the holy empire though.
- Hive faction shop was missing tons of item types
- More fixes for starting in bad towns
- Stopped new games starting in deadly towns.
- Fixed getting stuck when trying to add building materials
- Fixed some of the crashes at startup that some people were getting
- Pets no longer need to eat. This is a temporary measure, later I will figure out a feeding method or something.
- Imposed limitations and a fix for importing old-world savegames
- Enabled the missing playable races
NEW WORLD (0.90.0) Due to the sheer size of the new map the first release will be restricted to a certain area only. This area will gradually expand with more updates, but the main focus now is going to be on stability and polish.This first build will be full of bugs and instability, please send us crashdumps and bug reports so we can fix it up.
- Entirely new world map. More detailed and polished, new factions, new content, things to explore. Its' like Kenshi 2. Crazy. I should have called it Kenshi 2 and charged for it again, but I didn't.
- Entirely revamped research tech-tree, new technologies and balance. Research is faster, but has a cost in items or artifacts.
- Totally new buildings. Multiple floors, and you can mount turrets on the rooftops.
- New power system. Generators require fuel, wind power fluctuates with the wind strength, batteries compensate for fluctuations. Fuel can be made
- Revamped farming system and different crops.
- New animals, and new races with own strengths and weaknesses.
- There's water now. Rivers to cross and oceans to drown in.
- Camping- You can build easy camp beds and fires for survival when traveling
- Things and places to find. Bandit bases, old labs, ruins.
- Hunger is now a thing. You can die of starvation although it takes a long time. Your characters appearance reflects their state of physical strength or malnutrition.
- Buildings are now made with multiple materials. Machinery requires iron and sometimes copper.
- Thievery is improved, buildings have things to steal, guards are more alert.
- Leather crafting now requires you to hunt for animal skins
- Nice new zoomable world map window. It's so nice.
- Your stats are now affected by injuries and malnutrition.
- Certain animals might now eat your crops, your dead bodies, and sometimes even your unconscious bodies.
- NPCs use the stuff in their homes, guards train, people sit etc
- Guards in buildings and shops now discreetly sort of follow you about, keeping an eye on you
- Fixed getting busted for stealing from accidental clicks. You can look inside unlocked containers, and lock picking has to be chosen through the right-click menu.
- Reduced labor/engineering speed penalty at level 1 from 0.25x to 0.5x. This will speed things up slightly at the lower levels when starting out
- Stealth skill is easier to train in non-hostile environments.
- Increased trade profitability by 50%, this combined with thievery should provide decent alternatives to looting as a profession in the early game stage.
- Characters with a turret job will automatically use whichever turret has enemies in its line of fire.
- New long-distance move command, so you can click on distant terrain and your characters will run there
- Tons of bugfixes.
- New fancy shadow system, looks nicer and more importantly runs faster.
- New terrain engine. Runs faster, looks nicer and shows more detail for distant mountains
- Long-range pathfinding system. You can click on any visible distant mountain and your characters will find their way there, following roads.
- A lot of fundamental engine optimizations have been done, this may temporarily cause new bugs, but hopefully speed things up
- Bit of an overhaul to the animation system, runs faster and combat
animation should be a little smoother and have more functionality
- Overhauled with a new PBR & HDR global lighting system, should make a great improvement to the visual quality
- (Credit for this goes to Linda MacGill and Igor Frolov of Bug Zen!)
- an AI fix for operating automatic machines
- crash fixes
- Added more content for slave buying/selling. Buying slaves is now cheaper but it has random results. You can also sell bandits or someone you're carrying.
- Fixed the thief fence. He has more money, buys at a low price, and doesn't sell his own clothes.
- Fix for traders spawning under the floor
- various crash and performance fixes
- crash when stealing with right-click
- Fixed some bugs with the AI invasions, and with vanishing AI squads, plus a related crash.
- Fixed a bug that caused huge loading times and performance hit to savegames where you had traveled a lot
- Fixed a possible trader crash
- Crashfix when occasionally picking up items from the ground
- There's a bug that only some people get where it crashes when saving. I don't know why, so I tried some stuff that might help or might not. I need more information, or a savegame if it happens only in a particular game.
- Some more stability fixes, and improvements to the formation movement
- Fixed nests and camps not being spawned
- A few more random crash fixes that were reported
- You can now alt-tab out of fullscreen mode in DX11
- Fixed the athletics skill not increasing
- Fixed the "location" of characters when they ragdoll and slide down a hill
- Fixed wandering trader AI jittering and freaking out after staying in a town more than 6 hours
- Fixed the BUY button on houses not functioning
- Fixed 2 random crashes
- Fixed the crashdump zip getting a truncated filename
- Fixed newly bought&freed slaves getting tagged as escapees when save/loaded
- Fixed again the walls, I had fixed the scales for them but there were still old, badly scaled collision files that i have now replaced
- Fixed the bugs with corpses, incorrect ragdolls, location etc
Mainly a hotfix for the save bug, I will work on the other bugs next.
- Solved the savegame error where it didn't save your squad if most of them were knocked out
- Walls were scaled differently. This was not supposed to be in the release version yet, they've been set back to normal again. Sorry for breaking your base walls. Super-sorry if you just rebuilt your base walls to match the new scales.
- Fixed issue with alt+tab and fullscreen.
- Fixed big fonts with resolutions larger than 1920.
Apologies for the delay with this update, we are currently working a lot on content for the new world map and hoping to release the first part of it in the next major update.
- Huge optimization that uses more multi-threading for the game code and AI, improving performance significantly when there are a lot of characters around.
- AI War Campaigns, NPC factions can now launch proper missions. This is similar to the faction assaults feature that was around in an older version, except the difference is it's now a fully dynamic system
- Random bandit camps
- Races now have different bonuses and penalties to certain stats
- Render optimization for the lights, it appears they were slowing things down a lot
- A new shadow system, with better performance and quality
- Bars now have a variety of random goons who all sit together:
- mercenary groups
- thieves, with fences to sell stuff to
- bounty hunters
- colorization maps added to faction armours
- AI squads now move in formation
- The AI can capture slaves and make them fight as a conscripted army
- You can now buy and sell slaves
- You can now pay the bounty on a character to get him out of prison
- Made our own game launcher (old one was a default part of Ogre engine), which hopefully fixes some of the config problems people had with DX11
- Fixed the shortage of nests
- Fixed being unable to use beds and cages
- Fixed the overpopulation of the slaver camp
- Fixed some more pathfinding/collision bugs
- Fixed a ragdoll display bug
- added lamp posts to the research
- shouldn't get bounties for attacking animals anymore
- fixed getting tagged as a criminal for attacking bounties
- Other small fixes and crashes
- Fixed crash when trading to your backpack
- Police can't steal your bounties anymore when you walk into town
- Fixed the crafting list scrolling back to the top whenever you choose an item
- Fixed the invisible inventory icons i think
- tried removing a certain AI optimization to see if it solves the AI problem where NPCs idle too much or forget what they were doing
- fixed the "arm through the chest" animation bug
- possible fix for when an NPC squad gets unloaded while carrying a player character
- fixed not being able to place turrets on walls (you can add lights now too)
- fixed some armour in shops being un-graded, and having overpowered stats
- A rare-case gate fix
- A few crashes
- Fixed loot window not appearing
- Fixed importing old savegames not working
- Fixed crash when building something with an emissive material
- Crash fix when looting people near nests
- Town populations slowly regenerate when residents die. Killing off a lot of NPCs that are affiliated with a nearby town will weaken that town slightly, it's possible to wipe out all the cannibal patrols roaming near a cannibal village for example. Currently "homeless" factions like the bandits are not affected by this.
- brought back the town info tooltip on the mapscreen to show population information. I will rely on player feedback for balancing it.
- Crime system in progress.
- You can now steal from shops
- Crimes are recognised by the AI
- Police can put a bounty on your head and arrest you
- Civilians can raise the alarm and call police attention to a crime
- Pickpocketing: NPC is alerted if he notices you stealing from his inventory while he sleeps
- Selling stolen items has a chance of getting you in trouble, especially if you try to sell things back to the victim
- Sleeping NPCs are woken up by noise, but it's easier to rob them
- Police confiscate weapons and stolen goods. Then they sell them.
- Updated traders inventory:
- To trade with a shop you need to talk to the trader character.
- Interacting with the containers, counters, chest, etc. will be considering stealing. (Work In Progress)
- The traders inventory is infinite, so you can sell stuff more easily
- The trader stores his shop inventory in the actual containers around the shop. This means you can steal stuff from them.
- Some item containers now have locks. Traders keep the more valuable items in the more secure containers
- Added a node system to building placement. It ensures that any machines and storage you place is always accessible by characters and fixes a lot of bugs like when characters tried to access a storage box through a wall
- Emissive lighting added
- Added AI ability for super long-range pathfinding, even when zones in between start and destination are unloaded
- Fixed orders panel black text-on-black tooltips
- Fixed item labels not showing when loading a game with items on ground
- A few small movement system fixes
- Fixed undo when building walls
- Fixed game unpausing or closing the pause menu when autosaving.
- Fixed unpausing game possiblity while on the in-game main menu.
- Fixed/updated research window.
- Fix for the inverted "cant build near towns" range testing bug
- Another hopeful fix for the teleporting into the void bug
- Fixes for character portraits
- Some small fixes for navmesh and AI within town walls
- 1 more crashfix
- More debug logging information added to track down the teleportation bug
- Stability fixes
- Slavers shouldn't capture police and soldiers anymore.
- Slave shops added to major towns. Still a WIP.
We are still trying to track down the problem with squads/characters vanishing off the map or into the void, often when you load a game. We've added more debug information now, so if you load up your savegame and find that it's missing anyone, either send us the save or just the file called "save.log" that you should find in your save folder. This save.log file only appears if something bad was detected, so if you see it, send it in!
- AI fix for engineers, they were picking the furthest instead of the closest target
- AI fix for wandering traders
- possible AI fix for move orders getting cancelled
- Fixed the police chief bounty hunting dialogue
- Some fixes for wall upgrading
- fix for spawning under floor in some buildings
- Fixed equip/drop item bug
- Fixed the crazy "man standing on my head" ragdoll bug when you save a game while carrying someone
- other small fixes
- Added a mercenary guild that can be hired to guard your base. Need to import a new game to see their shops appear in towns
- Fixed the "Day" always being 1 in some cases
- a fix for getting stuck in doors
- More stability improvements
- 2nd AI fix for movement overshooting the destination
- bugfix that was causing increased loading times at startup
- small combat animation fix
- dogs are less bitey, have more time between attacks
- AI fixes for the slave camp
- Another fix for "reset positions" not recovering all squads
- Fix for character movement overshooting the destination
- More small fixes for movement and AI
- Lights don't work until you finish building them
- Walls now don't affect pathfinding until they are 20% built
- Another possible fix for characters vanishing into the void
- Some more auto-job AI fixes
- re-enabled civilian NPCs
- Moar stability
- Fixed characters running on the spot when the navmesh updates
- Possible fix for characters vanishing into the void
- Fixes for the auto-jobs AI getting stuck. If it still happens in any situations I will need someone to send me a savegame for it.
- Improvement to the "reset positions" import function that will recover missing squads
- Fix for when engineers stand idle as a result of an unreachable building
- A fix for the prospecting window
- A few more small things and stability fixes
- Fix for 32-bit mode not running
- Fixed creature nests not spawning anything
- Fixed the suicidal follow AI behavior
- Fixed breaking shackles with brute strength
- Fix for the player outpost renaming
- Stability fixes
- Fixed the bug where characters could still "see" their squadmates from miles away and would run across the map to help them
- Fixed re-captured slaves going back to escaped slave status
- fixed the "chase" mode order, so characters shouldn't run off so much, but it's not been tested much yet
- Bandits won't get so obsessed with picking up dropped items they cant get to
- a possible fix for characters getting teleported outside of the known world
- fixed the wandering trader AI doing nothing
- Fixed turrets doing 1 damage again. Naughty turrets.
- Fixed the dismantle all button on walls
- Fixed wall placement snapping to position the wrong way around
- Fixed character AI preferring melee to using turrets
- Lots of AI bugfixes relating to fighting with turrets, and attacking gates (WIP)
- Fixes for wall placement
- Fixed 2 movement AI bugs making slavers and possibly town NPCs idle around some times
- Stability fixes
- Updated the prospecting GUI window
Some savegame "corruptions" it turns out are caused by not importing your savegame after update 0.74.14. Import if you have problems, report the bug if you still have problems.
- If you have a savegame with a missing squad or characters vanishing "into the void" then loading your game with "reset squad positions" will now recover everyone. We are currently tracking down the root cause of this bug.
- Crashfix for certain situation deleting interiors
- Fixed a small typo in the perception system that made everybody not see other neutral NPCs
- Added audio to the perception system (work in progress)
There seems to be a lot of bug reports lately of the game crashing when loading certain savegames. These are NOT caused by corrupted savegames, but are crashes from loading certain stuff. If you experience this, send us your savegame, we will fix the bug and your savegame will work again after the next update.
- Fix for randomly broken combat movement
- Fix for some of the loadgame crashes
- Player characters can see better now, won't ignore things so much
- A fix for potential problems with navmesh backwards compatability in previous saves
- Just stability fixes
- possible fix for random situations where characters dont move
- Toned down the strength and number of the dog packs
- Fixed recruitment (and other dialog) "sorry i cant afford it" bug
- more fixing for player characters not loading if you load a game and they are far away
- there was a bug where excessive numbers of squads were being saved, causing bloated savegames
- Fixed a potential load crash
- Totally new movement system:
- eliminates the frame rate spikes
- improves performance
- stops NPCs always getting stuck and flickering back and forth (probably still get some bugs though, it's a new system)
- stops the random crashes when changing map areas
- Totally new AI sensory system:
- all NPCs now use field of view and line of sight
- you can avoid detection, fight a guard without raising the alarm etc
- Its totally awesome and cleverly made so it doesn't hurt the frame rate with tons of characters all LOS checking eachother
- Probably will cause a lot of new bugs because it's a fundamental system with far-reaching gameplay consequences
- I didn't have time to add audio senses, only visual, so sneaking will be a bit too easy until next update.
- Slave escapes:
- You can free slaves and they'll react and escape and thank you and try to escape with you and sometimes join you once you get away.
- a change to the time system means you may end up with problems like getting stuck tagged as a slave for 99999 hours or a wandering trader that never leaves your town- import game to fix it.
- Fixed some certain savegames crashing on load
- Fixed some certain savegames/imports getting stuck on the loading screen
- Fixed player buildings being un-built on import
- Fixed the missing Alt-key item labels
- Did a little internal rewrite that should stop the occasional various bugs arising from NPC or building handle IDs changing. Might also cause unforseen bugs as it's a new untested system.
- More stability fixes
- Fixed athletics penalty not showing in armour tooltip
- Paladin and mercenary guards should now protect you in towns
- Proper fix for character editor camera
- Fixed item labels on ground
- Fixed inventory item right click behavior
- Fixed weapon stacking losing its level
- Can no longer stack weapons
There are some known bugs with importing and loading games freezing up or not loading. This will be dealt with in the next update
- Fixed crash when shooting animals with harpoon turret
- Fixed the invisible in character editor bug
- Fixed some of the flophouses not working
- Stopped (I think) towns errupting into civil war
- Fixed another crash. Keep sending those crashdumps.
- Fixed turrets only doing 1% of their damage
- Fixed NPCs tagging their allies as neutrals
- Escaped slave recognition is now based on an alertness-based timer, same as seeing through disguises
- Slavery status improved, you now have 4 states- free, slave, escaping slave, ex-slave. Escaped slaves eventually lose their slavery status, and also don't get attacked on sight all the time.
- Fixed a crash when automatically hauling weapons or armour to a full container
- Fixed the random broken shopkeepers
- Fixed the stray outpost appearing on the map screen
- Fixed the stray outpost showing on the map
- Fixed characters going back to open the gate when they go outside the base
- Fixed the bounty/slave panel position in the GUI
- Fixed an AI bug with crafting machines
- Fixed a frequent crash loading certain buildings and savegames that was introduced in the last patch
- Fixed the instant building bug
- Added separate farming and cooking skills
- Fixed lights. You might have to switch all your lights back on manually.
- Fixed the remaining inventory item icons
- Fixed some random town buildings not being populated.
- Fixed crafting bench item crafting bug
- Mainbar now displays correct floor number
- Added panel in the build mode to change floors
- Bunch of other smaller bugs and crashes
- Fixed newly built buildings not showing their interiors
- Can cancel crafting items properly now, and it shows the current item without having to operate it
- Fixed a crash when upgrading crafting benches
- couple more crashes
- Fixed outpost "open to public" status
- Item furnace takes stacked items into account
- Player characters don't instantly attack all NPCs who enter their base
- If you equip 2 katanas on your back, it shows on your character now
- Fixed AI bug for automatic machinery
- Characters now haul properly for automatic mines and machines
- The slave camp