Pacifiers are characters found in various locations that can repair relations with their parent faction if the player has gotten on their bad side, for a price. They have a variable fee, demanding more for their services the worse the player's relations are, ranging from 15,000 to 100,000 Catun Credits. Some particularly bad instances may require multiple payments, as they have a limit to how much they can fix at a time.
There are also sometimes restrictions in place that will prevent the player from fixing their relations with certain factions. These generally involve things like being allied with their enemies, or the killing/imprisonment of important characters from their faction. The Pacifier will explain why he is refusing to provide service to the player if he does though, providing a clue as to what might be done to rectify the situation.
The list of the various pacifiers and their locations. If a chance is not specified at a location, it is a guaranteed spawn.
- Anti-Slavers - Mud Town
- Flotsam Ninjas - Squin
- Holy Nation - Shark, Waystations (25% chance)
- Hounds - The Hub
- Shek Kingdom - World's End, Waystations (25% chance)
- Slave Traders - Stoat
- Traders Guild - Blister Hill, Waystations (25% chance)
- United Cities - Flats Lagoon, Waystations (25% chance)
These are the various restrictions that will prevent the use of the respective pacifier's services.
- Be allied with the Slave Traders
- Be allied with the Traders Guild
- Be allied with the United Cities
- Be allied with The Holy Nation
- Kill or Imprison Big Bo
- Kill or Imprison Jaeger
- Kill or Imprison Old Grey
- Kill or Imprison Tinfist
- Be allied with the Flotsam Ninjas
- Kill or Imprison High Inquisitor Seta
- Kill or Imprison High Inquisitor Valtena
- Kill or Imprison Holy Lord Phoenix
- Be allied with the Anti-Slavers
- Be enemies with the Traders Guild
- Be enemies with the United Cities
- Kill or Imprison Emperor Tengu
- Kill or Imprison Lady Kana
- Kill or Imprison Longen