This is the weapon type. It includes the base stats and mesh files of the weapon.
- Name: Pretty straightforward, this is the name which the game and construction set display for this Item.
- Object Type: What type of Item this is (WEAPON). Can not be changed.
- String ID: The String ID is a unique identifier for each item, it must never be the same for 2 objects. DO NOT CHANGE IT if already placed in the game world (otherwise those references will vanish). If it is already referenced by another object (eq item in a character inventory), that's ok because it will update the ID in those references. It is what determines when an item in a .mod file modifies/inherits from an item in another file (usually .base).
(rule of thumb: you will probably never need to change String ID, unless you've done something very, VERY wrong)
These attributes modify the damage inflicted by the weapon. All attributes will affect a weapon's damage, but some attributes are more important to some weapon types than others.
- blunt damage multiplier [0.0 - 2.0]: Weapon weight, multiplied by stats, used by heavy weapons to calculate weapon damage.
- cut damage multiplier [0.5 - 1.5]: Multiplied by attack skill, used by sword-like weapons to calculate weapon damage.
- minimum cut damage multiplier: Provides minimum damage cap, only handy for modding beginners.
- pierce damage multiplier [0.5 - 1.5]: Multiplied by attack skill, used by sword-like weapons to calculate damage.
- bare sword: Sword mesh only, no sheath. (mesh)
- icon: Inventory icon image. (png)
- mesh: Item mesh, sheathed if weapon. (mesh)
- physics file: Collision data for dropped items. (xml)
- sheath: Sheath mesh only, no sword. (mesh)
- auto icon image [true-false]: Actually does nothing or weapons.
- inventory footprint height: height of the item (in tiles) in your inventory.
- inventory footprint width: width of the item (in tiles) in your inventory.
- value: Value of the item.
- weight kg: Minimum weight of the weapon, can be overwritten by blunt damage multiplier (multiplier 1.0=40kg).
These values determine how the icon is generated.
- icon offset H: horizontal alignment.
- icon offset V: vertical alignment.
- icon zoom: image scale, lower=bigger.
This contain the weapon texture and modifiers for the stats. The model can also adjust the weapon size.
Manufacturers contain a list of weapons and a list of models. All permutations of the listed weapons and models are possible weapons in the game. They also contain various stat modifiers.